ADVERTISEMENT

Good read about coaching

In fairness this applies to teachers across the board. My wife is a teacher at West Craven and has been there 20 years. She stays and either helps kids that ask for help or she stays and does lesson plans after school on her time. Several times we have gone to Staples and bought supplies when the class needed it and the funds were not there.
Back to coaches I have watched Coach Jordan at West Craven over the years and witnessed first hand the impact he nade and is still making in kids lives. Coach Twitchell is working to do the same. He had a tough time last year. We had a few you could not get through too but he never kicked tgem aside and gave up. Personally I coached little league for a few years and had a 12 year old kid i would get on because I saw him hanging out where a kid don't need to be. 7 years later we had a shooting in town and a young man was killed. This former player was driving the car with the guy that did the shooting. Instead of getting out they drove off and he was in as much trouble as the shooter. I got a collect call from the sheriff's dept that evening. It was him asking me to post his bail and help him. I couldn't post a million dollar bail if I wanted too. I called the sheriff and he allowed me to go and talk to the young man. He cried , I cried, it was one of the hardest things to do. He has pulled his time and hopefully he can do ok. The guy they shot didn't have that chance.
Its one reason I hang around the field as much as I do. I encourage the kids and support them. I don't always rub people here the right way and I'm not politically correct in any way and will never try to be. How I feel is how I will respond. Most of these kids dont have good people behind them. They need good teachers and coaches.

In fairness this applies to teachers across the board. My wife is a teacher atWest Craven and has been there 20 years. She stays andeither helps kids that ask for help or she stays and does lesson plans after school on her time. Several times we have gone to Staples and bought supplies when the class neededitandthe funds were not there.

Could not agree more. My wife is a teacher in rowan county. A lot of times she leaves at 6:30 in the morning and doesn't get home till 6 at night. And has to buy her school supplies with her own money.

In fairness this applies to teachers across the board. My wife is a teacher atWest Craven and has been there 20 years. She stays andeither helps kids that ask for help or she stays and does lesson plans after school on her time. Several times we have gone to Staples and bought supplies when the class neededitandthe funds were not there.

Could not agree more. My wife is a teacher in rowan county. A lot of times she leaves at 6:30 in the morning and doesn't get home till 6 at night. And has to buy her school supplies with her own money.

It's a special kind of dedication.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT