ADVERTISEMENT

1A Girls: Robbinsville vs Bishop McGuinness Score

Kevin HensleyBlack Knights All-Star Reporter
The question is if this Robbinsville score reporter will keep reporting if Robbinsville stays way behind.

Trammell is going to create a ton of contact that will be a problem for bishop second problem Bishop isn’t getting anything in the paint. Would expect bishop to start posting Addie up alittle more on the elbow

They wont do it but robbinsville needs to take wachacha out and go small ball. Wachacha doesn't help as much when bishops all almost as tall as she is

Bulldog I think y'all could have played bishop good with that full court pressure y'all did to robbinsville.

Kevin HensleyBlack Knights All-Star Reporter
The question is if this Robbinsville score reporter will keep reporting if Robbinsville stays way behind.
Kevin is one of the BEST High School Sports Reporters in Western North Carolina ! This young man’s work ethic is inspiring. He is also the Editor of the Graham Star newspaper, does live stream for all Robbinsville sporting events and the biggest thing is he loves what he does and he loves all the student athletes. I couldn’t tell if you were trying to get a dig in but this young man is well respected In Graham & Cherokee County for all that he does for our small communities

Bulldog I think y'all could have played bishop good with that full court pressure y'all did to robbinsville.
Ehhh maybe bishop is pretty disciplined but hats off to Robbinsville they earned where they got and battled well. The girls should be very proud of what they accomplished.

Reactions: 97Cougar
What do these two girls' teams have in common playing for the 2023 state championship with a combind 53 - 9 record ?
1A
Chatham Charter (26-5) vs Bishop McGuinness (27-4)

Last edited:
Yes, when the girls first came to the NCHSAA from the NCISAA they won the girl's 1A basketball championship for 9 years from the early to mid-2000s straight until so many other schools started complaining on NCPrep. Who can remember.

Yes, when the girls first came to the NCHSAA from the NCISAA they won the girl's 1A basketball championship for 9 years from the early to mid-2000s straight until so many other schools started complaining on NCPrep. Who can remember.

The year they lost, the title was won by Winston Salem Prep.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The year they lost, the title was won by Winston Salem Prep.
If I remember Winston salem prep won it back to back I know East surry won it once murphy won it and I think the East won it once in between bishop last title of the run and the one last year.

Murphy won two titles, but one was shared with Weldon because of COVID cancelling the final. East Surry actually lost their finals appearance in 2019 to Pamlico--only time the west has lost in the last two decades. Mount Airy also won in 2017 and 18. But other than that it's basically been all Bishop and Prep since around 2005.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT