ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Updates (9/8)

Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the season. Such a talented and well-discliplined team should go far this year.

Thanks OMD, was really impressed with the Devils grit! My understanding is you guys are pretty young also, nothing but good things ahead for that group!

Franklin 42, Swain 21, final. Panthers' offense was just too much for the Devils, and Swain had no offensive answer.

huge line and big backs will wear a 1a team down. that's why murphy lost to them. I assume that's what happened to swain in last nights game also.

huge line and big backs will wear a 1a team down. that's why murphy lost to them. I assume that's what happened to swain in last nights game also.

That's pretty much it. Devils hung with them for a while, but the second half was all Franklin.

Thanks OMD, was really impressed with the Devils grit! My understanding is you guys are pretty young also, nothing but good things ahead for that group!

Swain has a couple of young players, including a freshman who gets a lot of playing time, but this is a senior-heavy team. They'll miss #84, another senior, but they should do fine in conference, as long as they don't get fumbleitis again. They always play tough, but that's the SMC for you. Franklin still plays that way too, even though they've been gone for decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT