ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Lights......

the173herd

Jul 18, 2007
the lights I seen on Friday were the Lightning strikes. I went to Rowland to watch PSHS vs SR. I got to the gate and paid 30 bucks to get into the game, on my way in the lady asked me to buy 50/50 tickets. I asked who got the money if I won, she said SR. So I didn't buy any tickets I gave a 20 dollar donation, and said do not put that in the pot, I don't want anyone from pembroke getting my money. She asked me where am I from? I said pembroke. I claimed we have made some dumb decisions lately and don't want my money wasted.

Went and watched a quarter and a half and I witnessed something that I thought I would never see. I watched PSHS defense call a timeout when SR had a 4th and long and 2 defensive coaches were talking to the players, one of the coaches has been there for 30 yrs, was a head coach for a year and has been working with the defense for 20 plus yrs had a coach who has been there for less than 5 pull him on the shoulder to pull him out of the huddle so he could talk to the players. On a 4th and long shouldn't the DB coach be the one coaching up his young backs? Shouldn't you have more respect for the guy who coached you in HS to do that? That is the issue they are having coaches are out for self not the players. I am just glad he didn't have the knife in his hand from last year.

Oh yeah! The parents in the stands are to funny. Some don't even know a X or an O in the alphabet but they think they know football. They think by beating a struggling 1a school they are conference ready. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am not bashing the players or coaches but they are not ready for conference! They are as much ready as UNCP would be ready to play Alabama or Ohio St.

Nobody said we are conference ready. But for somebody that dislikes the program as much as you do you sure are obsessed with them and what goes on. There's still a lot that needs to happen for this team to improve. But being negative does not help. The boys on the team don't deserve that. It's time to let it go. Everyone knows administration is lost.

So now the song is changing! Read the last sentence of my post. I am not bashing players

I didn't say you where bashing players. I said you were negative about the program. And nothing has changed. Felt the same way all summer. I just am dealing with the hand we have been dealt instead of complaining about it. Still got a long way to go.

so if many of the "not happy" parents would go to the board and suggest principles be moved it could happen. Remember his last name is not Lowry, Locklear, Strickland, Cummings or a prominent lum name. Last I checked he could move principles.

But I saw enough to know we got the crappy end of the stick when we hired Sherman. We can call him Sherman the tank! Because that is where PSHS football will be till we get rid of him, in the tank. But I love the fact we replaced the football coach for not winning but won't replace the other coaches, maybe because they have those lum last names!

Reactions: TIGER63
Don't have a problem with any of the assistant coaches. The new guys are knowledgable and have played the game. They work really hard with the players.

You are hard pressed to find a principal that wants to come to Purnell. One of the assistants will be a good one if we lose the one we have now.

I like some of the assistant coaches, not all. Only one of the assistant coaches has head coaching experience. You don't hire a first year head coach who has never had head coaching experience before he starts at a 4a school. Yes the coordinator from Dillon had no HC experience but that is the only exception, if you are a coordinator for years and have had extreme success. I would have like to see the Woods guy that went to Scotland.

I would like to see Mr. Obeda at PSHS or Blue there. Blue will call the baby ugly.

Reactions: TIGER63
Obeda does not do a good job at LHS so I would not want him. Blues next move will be to the board. Dillion coach had the backers and the money. Would have loved to have him.

So when a player gets ejected they miss the next game. Is it the same for the coach? So in less than 6 months PSHS has had two coaches suspended for there mouths? That is something that our players were good for doing. But we did have a coach that wouldn't do that or put up with it. So no discipline is what we want in our teachers? I guess the principle is could care less about wins or discipline. Just as long as 50 shades are not watched at school or kids don't send pictures of Cailou are not seen on campus.

The coach didn't get ejected he was disqualified so he is able to coach and he did nothing wrong. He didn't show any emotion and was simply asking a question. He never left the side line. The white hat came over to him with an attitude. And we had already had a flag on another coach earlier for walking on the field trying to get the players off to keep them from pushing and shoving. But the other coach stayed on the field. I don't have a problem with a coach standing up for their players. I was both incidents and neither deserved to be removed from the game. If the coach had been ejected he would have to sit out 2 games like the baseball coach did.

I agree the principal does not have any interest in sports and until he does we will not get any better.

So why don't we petition the new elected super who is a former baseball coach at PSHS who was probably the best baseball coach the school has had to get us someone who doesn't hide behind the telephone computer messages.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT