ADVERTISEMENT

Foothills 2A 2022

radioguy16

Sep 7, 2018
We know East Surry is without a doubt the favorite for the league title once again and its tough to see where they will be tested in league play but below them is where I feel things really get interesting. North Surry & West Wilkes have new head coaches. West Wilkes also had a undefeated JV team last year so thats worth a watch.
Surry Central lost some players.
Wilkes Central gets back the Graham kid from East Wilkes in what should be a firepower offense.
Forbush is still going to be good.
North Wilkes has a good running back that caught some people by suprise last year.
Whats everyone think?

We know East Surry is without a doubt the favorite for the league title once again and its tough to see where they will be tested in league play but below them is where I feel things really get interesting. North Surry & West Wilkes have new head coaches. West Wilkes also had a undefeated JV team last year so thats worth a watch.
Surry Central lost some players.
Wilkes Central gets back the Graham kid from East Wilkes in what should be a firepower offense.
Forbush is still going to be good.
North Wilkes has a good running back that caught some people by suprise last year.
Whats everyone think?
Good stuff here….hoping we can see more from other posters.

I’ll say this….I was surprised that this conference had 4 teams seeded in the top 20 last fall….also…and I’m being honest….I didn’t think East Surry was as good as they were. I knew they were good…but not that good.
The Cards made the top of the “hit list”…over here in Maiden😂…we ain’t mad at Salisbury any more!😂…but the Cards arse is ours!😂😂😂…Lowman’s too!😂…hoping we can get there for another shot.
I figure Monroe feels the same way.

Couldn’t agree more on how interesting the battle for 2nd, 3rd, 4th will be in that conference.

Wilkes Central?…fire power offense?….and the Graham kid?

Hoping someone tells us more. 😉

Good stuff here….hoping we can see more from other posters.

I’ll say this….I was surprised that this conference had 4 teams seeded in the top 20 last fall….also…and I’m being honest….I didn’t think East Surry was as good as they were. I knew they were good…but not that good.
The Cards made the top of the “hit list”…over here in Maiden😂…we ain’t mad at Salisbury any more!😂…but the Cards arse is ours!😂😂😂…Lowman’s too!😂…hoping we can get there for another shot.
I figure Monroe feels the same way.

Couldn’t agree more on how interesting the battle for 2nd, 3rd, 4th will be in that conference.

Wilkes Central?…fire power offense?….and the Graham kid?

Hoping someone tells us more. 😉
East Surry is public enemy numero uno for sure!!!

As far as the conference goes...I see Forbush as #2 and Wilkes Central #3.

Don’t think anyone is coming close to east surry. Central has a D1 OL/DL who just committed to state (go pack!) and always have athletes but never seem to put it together. I think the sleeper is north Wilkes. Heard they had a great spring and summer so far.

Don’t think anyone is coming close to east surry. Central has a D1 OL/DL who just committed to state (go pack!) and always have athletes but never seem to put it together. I think the sleeper is north Wilkes. Heard they had a great spring and summer so far.
I have heard the same thing with North Wilkes. They will be better than what some might think. I believe this could be a good year for Wilkes County as a whole. Wilkes will never have a juggernaut in football but they can have a pop up team here and there do something good every now and again. West, Central & North Wilkes will be competitive with North Surry, Forbush & Surry Central. Thats why the reel discussion on this conference is spots 2 thru 7

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'll say this. West Wilkes always has a good JV team because they're always bigger and stronger. But they always stink when they get to the varsity. Outside of a few years in the mid-2000s probably the worst football program in the state year in and year out. I think our cards are the cream of the crop for sure. Don't really know that the conference really has anything else. North Surry maybe I know the running back is good and they have that great receiver. Wilkes county schools just can't seem to get it done. No reason will Central shouldn't be winning it every year with those athletes. Better than what we got for sure. Maybe somebody can shed some light on that. Big kids but no strength. Fast kids but no toughness. Kind of like the kid you're talking about. I heard first play against Mount airy in the playoffs he got lit up and was out. He is a heck of an athlete. But they got to develop some toughness before they're ever going to be good. North Wilkes I haven't heard about. They do have an occasional good team. And they're always pretty tough as far as actual toughness goes. I thought Bush played us the best last year.

I'll say this. West Wilkes always has a good JV team because they're always bigger and stronger. But they always stink when they get to the varsity. Outside of a few years in the mid-2000s probably the worst football program in the state year in and year out. I think our cards are the cream of the crop for sure. Don't really know that the conference really has anything else. North Surry maybe I know the running back is good and they have that great receiver. Wilkes county schools just can't seem to get it done. No reason will Central shouldn't be winning it every year with those athletes. Better than what we got for sure. Maybe somebody can shed some light on that. Big kids but no strength. Fast kids but no toughness. Kind of like the kid you're talking about. I heard first play against Mount airy in the playoffs he got lit up and was out. He is a heck of an athlete. But they got to develop some toughness before they're ever going to be good. North Wilkes I haven't heard about. They do have an occasional good team. And they're always pretty tough as far as actual toughness goes. I thought Bush played us the best last year.
Yes that Mount Airy playoff game he got absolutely de-cleated and never found his way back into the game. As far as North Surry goes with the new young HC are they still Air Raid? Or have they changed things up all around? Wasn’t sure as I have not heard very much on the subject.

Yes that Mount Airy playoff game he got absolutely de-cleated and never found his way back into the game. As far as North Surry goes with the new young HC are they still Air Raid? Or have they changed things up all around? Wasn’t sure as I have not heard very much on the subject.

I went to 2-3 spring practices on D days so I didn't get to fully see what we ran but it looks to be a more balanced offense. They said it's going to be flexible and will change week to week. I'll see for sure this coming week and next as we start practices again and got the MA 7 on 7 the 29th.

I'm excited to be back out. #'s were up in the spring and those early practices had a lot of enthusiasm. Ready to see what freshman we have coming in.

West's landscape is still quite nuked for what it is. Hallock had them stable back when I played and they hired that hotshot from Scottland county and they never were any better, and it got worse and worse by the end of his run. They lost their best athlete to Elkin and it killed them for a couple of years. Their last HC told us that the freshman parents were really hard to make happy; must be why he left. He was wanting to pass it as he scheduled a 7 on 7, and that's a big no/no there. They love ground and pound wing T.

WC's #'s have been problematic for quite a few years; they played varsity a few years back with less than 20 kids. They had 1A foes so they managed to make it when they wouldn't have otherwise. Last year they didn't have that much before they got sick. All Wilkes Schools are like that though #'s have never been good across the board for them. North and East barely made it through JV in 2019.

North Wilkes had a decent little JV team during Chipman's last year but I don't know how they will translate to this conference, the competition is a whole step up from the MVAC they had. That schedule they had wasn't full of worldwinners that year. The RB they have is really good but take him away they will be lost. Defensive play was non existent for them last year. If they had that QB back from last year they'd be a serious pest he was really good. Could chunk it a mile. Put him on Forbush or Wilkes Central and they woulda been hard to beat. Neither had a great passing QB.

Bush will be young this year; Funderburke's gonna have to coach instead of relying on Johnson's leftovers. They have a good athlete off the JV's but they lacked any other firepower weapon besides him last year. They ran him to death all night while we passed it down their throats. If he's gone then they don't know how to function. The senior class they have is small in #'s and not that impressive in comparison to last year's group. Their game with Starmount will be quite good and a good teller of things for both conferences. If Bush wins they will be fine if not then it'll be more wide open in both leagues.

West's landscape is still quite nuked for what it is. Hallock had them stable back when I played and they hired that hotshot from Scottland county and they never were any better, and it got worse and worse by the end of his run. They lost their best athlete to Elkin and it killed them for a couple of years. Their last HC told us that the freshman parents were really hard to make happy; must be why he left. He was wanting to pass it as he scheduled a 7 on 7, and that's a big no/no there. They love ground and pound wing T.

WC's #'s have been problematic for quite a few years; they played varsity a few years back with less than 20 kids. They had 1A foes so they managed to make it when they wouldn't have otherwise. Last year they didn't have that much before they got sick. All Wilkes Schools are like that though #'s have never been good across the board for them. North and East barely made it through JV in 2019.

North Wilkes had a decent little JV team during Chipman's last year but I don't know how they will translate to this conference, the competition is a whole step up from the MVAC they had. That schedule they had wasn't full of worldwinners that year. The RB they have is really good but take him away they will be lost. Defensive play was non existent for them last year. If they had that QB back from last year they'd be a serious pest he was really good. Could chunk it a mile. Put him on Forbush or Wilkes Central and they woulda been hard to beat. Neither had a great passing QB.

Bush will be young this year; Funderburke's gonna have to coach instead of relying on Johnson's leftovers. They have a good athlete off the JV's but they lacked any other firepower weapon besides him last year. They ran him to death all night while we passed it down their throats. If he's gone then they don't know how to function. The senior class they have is small in #'s and not that impressive in comparison to last year's group. Their game with Starmount will be quite good and a good teller of things for both conferences. If Bush wins they will be fine if not then it'll be more wide open in both leagues.
Forbush is one I am very curious about this year to see what they put together. You dont just replace that great class they had last year. I think any coach would have been happy to have that group. They had some solid JV kids that were pretty good especially the QB. He was kinda dual threat if memory serves me correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT