ADVERTISEMENT

Football to watch

It’s amazing no one dropped dead last night with Covid as I watched tn have football.

Next Thursday game is a 1a Oliver Springs and 2a Rockwood. Have no clue if it will be a good game. Oliver Springs plays in a tough conference Region 2.

Reactions: Mhsneer and UNC91
Really good game to watch Saturday night. Powell and Knox Central are going to play after their original games got cancelled. Knox Central is ranked 1 in 5a and Powell is ranked 3rd in 5a.Should able to watch on the Rivalry Thursday Website.

Reactions: Mhsneer
This a good video by 5Star Preps. Oneida is a small 2a school in TN would be small 1a in NC. They had a kid get in a car wreck that they talk about. Tony Lambert is their Head Coach.

Last edited:
Rabun Gap is playing Christ School this Friday at 7pm on My40. If you don’t have this channel it’s on this link. https://christschool.us19.list-mana...b5f89f94ad3fd87cd3&id=779c294b8b&e=6efaa93fb9
14 - 7 Christ School at the half. The 4 local boys Holloway (Andrews), Bryson (Tuscola but from Hayesville), Mintz (Cherokee), Sain (Swain) have all been heavily involved.

Bryson scored Rabun Gap's lone TD on a long reception, good looking athlete at WR and safety. Mintz scored Christ School's first TD, Mintz might not be their top recruit but he is Christ School's best player, swiss army knife. Mintz has FCS offers right now but honestly think he could be lower level FBS slot WR. Holloway has been Rabun Gap's best player on defense so far, all over the field. Sain has had a couple solid gainers.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Heck of a 4th quarter, great comeback from Rabun Gap. All 4 locals had good games, Sain really got going in the 4th, Bryson and Mintz were instrumental throughout and Holloway with 2 big catches on game winning drive and the interception to seal it.

Nice to watch some local football..good job by the local kids.
Christ School nowhere close to what they've been the last several years .
Mintz probably best player on team.
Christ School is not as good as last year but Rabun Gap does seem much improved (especially defensively) with their infusion of talent, got to give them a little credit.

Last edited:
Christ School is not as good as last year but Rabun Gap does seem much improved, especially defensively with their infusion of talent, got to give them a little credit.
Yes no doubt..Rabun Gap will be an animal the next several years

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
Yes no doubt..Christ School will be an animal the next several years
Yep, lot of non senior contributors for Christ School, including two good looking freshman that look like future D1 players. Losing Mintz and the big 6'7 TE committed to UCF will hurt a little but they will go out and get replacements, hopefully no more SMC kids though.

Rabun is going to be better next year too. Rabun's QB, Holloway, Bryson and the 6'6 German TE committed to Michigan will all be back.

Last edited:
we watched football on Saturday in hickory ... 8u 10u & 12u ...; went to concord few weeks ago watched same ages ... amazed at the skill level & size of some of the teams .... there will be football somewhere in Statesville area this coming Saturday 10/10 ...

Highlights of Elizabethton,TN Back to Back 30-0 the last 2 years.

Why the hate for Fannin? Because they don’t play Murphy anymore?
Nah, I don't really care if they play Murphy, although it would be beneficial for both from a gate and travel standpoint and some years from a competitive standpoint.

I just don't like their fanbase, I understand they're excited about the season they've had but they are quite diluted in their thinking about how good this team actually is. I've watched three of their games online and while they do have a good team this year, they have heavily benefitted from playing in a weak region with a weak overall schedule. In some of the better 2A regions they would've had multiple region losses. I watched the replay of their 1st round game against Pace and they really had no business beating them, Pace was there because they had four losses going into that coming out of a tough region. I do credit Fannin's resiliency and fight to come back in that game (they came back in last week's game against Heard too) but that weak schedule set them up nicely with home games. Fannin certainly don't beat a team like Pace on a neutral field or on the road. Talent wise they aren't a 3rd round 2A Georgia team.

So bottomline I think they're good but not nearly as good as most of their fanbase probably thinks or their record would suggest. I really don't think they would beat a full strength Murphy team this year, for example. It would've been a good game but a full strength Murphy takes that one. Yet the Fannin fanbase thinks because they ran the table with a trash schedule and have had a horseshoe up their a** in the playoffs that they are a juggernaut this season.

Last edited:
I definitely agree Fannin lucked out drawing Region 7 instead of Region 8 competition wise (especially considering it arguably makes more sense to put them in Region 8 where they would be with a rival in Union Co and the two regions would then have equal numbers instead of Region 8 only having 5). Put them in that region they would have at least a loss to Rabun Co. and maybe one to Elbert Co. (They did beat third place Union by 4 in a non-region game). But I’ll excuse some excitement for an undefeated season since they haven’t even had a winning record in a decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
Nah, I don't really care if they play Murphy, although it would be beneficial for both from a gate and travel standpoint and some years from a competitive standpoint.

I just don't like their fanbase, I understand they're excited about the season they've had but they are quite diluted in their thinking about how good this team actually is. I've watched three of their games online and while they do have a good team this year, they have heavily benefitted from playing in a weak region with a weak overall schedule. In some of the better 2A regions they would've had multiple region losses. I watched the replay of their 1st round game against Pace and they really had no business beating them, Pace was there because they had four losses going into that coming out of a tough region. I do credit Fannin's resiliency and fight to come back in that game (they came back in last week's game against Heard too) but that weak schedule set them up nicely with home games. Fannin certainly don't beat a team like Pace on a neutral field or on the road. Talent wise they aren't a 3rd round 2A Georgia team.

So bottomline I think they're good but not nearly as good as most of their fanbase probably thinks or their record would suggest. I really don't think they would beat a full strength Murphy team this year, for example. It would've been a good game no doubt but a full strength Murphy takes that one. Yet the Fannin fanbase thinks because they ran the table with a trash schedule and have had a horseshoe up their a** in the playoffs that they are a juggernaut this season.

I went to the Fannin vs Fitzgerald game last night. Game was not close in any aspect of the game. Fitzgerald won 48-14. In my opinion Fannin is highly over rated. They would finish no better than 3rd in the SMC

I went to the Fannin vs Fitzgerald game last night. Game was not close in any aspect of the game. Fitzgerald won 48-14. In my opinion Fannin is highly over rated. They would finish no better than 3rd in the SMC
it.

Nothing special about the Fitz offense. Fitz was running to the overload side most plays, Fannin had nothing for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91 and mbdfan
it.

Nothing special about the Fitz offense. Fitz was running to the overload side mosFannin had nothing for it.
Fannin plays in a weak region now so that will help them some over the next few years as far as record and playoff draw, but no doubt this is the best team they will field for a while and even it was highly overrated. It will probably be another generation before they get back to the 3rd round, I know they have a youth team with the current QB's little brothers on it that they are already hyping up hard though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT