ADVERTISEMENT

Flags, flags and more flags

The_Rev921

Sep 16, 2010
Disclaimer... I know kids at the HS level make mistakes and there will be flags. I also know that a Refs job is more difficult than people think and teams need to be more disciplined etc etc....HOWEVER

When I tune in Friday nights or actually get out to watch a game, they are being marred by the zebras with flags everywhere. Its ruining friday night football. The Burns/Shelby game was horrible and supposed to be a barn burner buuut because both teams had a gazillion flags, it killed the atmosphere. This has happened on multiple games and occasions. Whats going on? was there an emphasis on flags this season? I had a short stint as an official in college and if it didnt affect the play, I let the teams decide the outcome, not a flag or call that had 0 impact. I truly do think some refs have an ego or they wanna be seen tossing that hanky high in the air. No way am I blaming refs for any losses for my teams, im blaming them for delaying the flow of games and delaying me from hitting the drive thru afterwards. Serious inquiry, has anyone else gotten tired of it? or just me? I know bad calls happen..I GET THAT, this isnt a gripe about bad calls, just the monumental amount of flags EACH week.

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24
I get tired of the flag fest. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt but sometimes its ridiculous.

I'm with ya Rev... seems like the games I've seen have a ton of flags with a lot being on questionable things AND a lot of blatant obvious things that happen with nary a flag.

However, I admit, it easier to see that stuff from the comfort of my couch with the KTC broadcast playing on the big screen than from field level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT