ADVERTISEMENT

Final Men’s Brackets

West Stokes - Morehead in first round ... how many conference rematches are in the first round. Could easily be avoided by adding a rule that conference teams can't be matched in first round.
Anybody got a count on how many?

West Stokes - Morehead in first round ... how many conference rematches are in the first round. Could easily be avoided by adding a rule that conference teams can't be matched in first round.
Anybody got a count on how many?
Mitchell-Mountain Heritage in 1A

Grimsley-Page in 1st Round! A mere coincidence?
Dudley and Smith, both members of the Mid State 3- A Conference, will play a first round game at Smith. This will be the fifth time these two have squared off this season, with Smith winning three of four.
P.S. The winner of the Grimsley-Page event will get the winner of the Davie County - Northern Guilford game. If Northern should " upset " Davie, the Grimsley-Page winner would play a conference member in the first two rounds.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Anyone know about Marvin Ridge?
Can't help you there, but you guys have the best sports entertainment deal going in the Catawba Valley next week. Potentially two double headers at home and, if the potential second round matchup with Alexander comes to fruition, I expect they'll bring a good crowd on a Friday night.

Reactions: Titanman27
North Stokes at Robbinsville. 4 1/2 hour drive or more. Winner will get South Stokes

Last edited:
At least there won't be any travel costs ... pity teams like Madison that has to travel to Reidsville again (just did that in football with a 32 vs 1).

Madison seems to be a bit better then the football team

Dudley and Smith, both members of the Mid State 3- A Conference, will play a first round game at Smith. This will be the fifth time these two have squared off this season, with Smith winning three of four.
P.S. The winner of the Grimsley-Page event will get the winner of the Davie County - Northern Guilford game. If Northern should " upset " Davie, the Grimsley-Page winner would play a conference member in the first two rounds.
More revenue will nearby teams play in early
rounds.

Very good,solid team. They can shoot, shoot, shoot. They run a Princeton type motion and very high iq. Played Weddington tough both games. Very tough matchup for anyone first round
I knew it would be tough. Are they athletic? What about size? McDowell has a 6'7 JR who can shoot, pass, and rebound. Opposing teams call him baby joker.

Reactions: beamer24
Statesville got a tough draw - Crest then possibly Ashbrook but First playoff game since 2019 for the Hounds

Mooresville got West Forsyth which could be one of the better first round games

LN got its wish got a pretty easy first round with parkland prob won’t see NM or anything until 3rd or 4th round

Girls side

North Iredell got a interesting first round vs Montgomery Central

LN got Cutty which is a winnable game - LN girl should get to 3rd round at worst

South Iredell first playoff game since 2019 but Gotta go to Watauga

I knew it would be tough. Are they athletic? What about size? McDowell has a 6'7 JR who can shoot, pass, and rebound. Opposing teams call him baby joker.
I wouldn’t say they will pass the “athletic” eye test but they can play. They move, cut, pass well. But everything is set up by their ability to shoot. They are not tall. Most of their players are 6’0-6’2 maybe 6’3. But again they make up for their lack of height with high IQ. Plus they are all seniors and have been playing together for awhile. Again, they will be a tough drawl for anyone in first round. Best of luck.

beautiful part of the state...known more for soccer athletically...football not very good....my grandsons attend Croatan high school (same conference)which is halfway between swansboro and morehead city.....they say that Swansboro basketball is off the chain......we will see I guess.......................

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Yes Surry central pretty good
The last time we played a Surry County School in a basketball playoff was North Surry in 2016. They beat us 94-60 and we'd only lost two games (I think) that season. We played West Stokes in 2019 and lost to them 60-43. We obviously haven't been much competition against teams from counties that border Virginia.
Kingbluedevil, thanks for saying something and it's good to hear from you, again.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The last time we played a Surry County School in a basketball playoff was North Surry in 2016. They beat us 94-60 and we'd only lost two games (I think) that season. We played West Stokes in 2019 and lost to them 60-43. We obviously haven't been much competition against teams from counties that border Virginia.
Kingbluedevil, thanks for saying something and it's good to hear from you, again.
Lincolnton the player from North Surry that was on fire against you guys is now our head coach at west stokes. The point guard is assistant coach. That north Surry team surprised a lot of people. I knew that coach well good fellow.

Last edited:

That surry central vs Lincoln ton should be a dog fight

Lincolnton the player from North Surry that was on fire against you guys is now our head coach at west stokes. The point guard is assistant coach. That north Surry team surprised a lot of people. I knew that coach well good fellow.
North Surry was 27-5 that year and had to come here. I liked our chances until the game started. They had us down something around 30 points by the end of the third quarter. I wish the coach well at West Stokes.

4 out of 6 team from Iredell Co Adavnce

Mooresville boys, Both LN teams , North Iredell girls

South Iredell girls and Statesville guys lost in their first round games!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT