ADVERTISEMENT

Final 2023 Football Brackets From NCHSAA

Yeah. Robbinsville got the worst bracket of the top 3. Eastern Randolph got the easiest. My airy probably cake walks this year to face tarboro. Unless they have to go to robbinsville

Thomasville would beg to differ if both get that far...
Also ain't Hayesville in that mountain conference a couple of posters have mentioned?
Would you rather play swain, Murphy, Mitchell or mountain heritage. If I’m y’all I’d be ok with this draw. No offense to thomasville.

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
How did Robbinsville get the #1 seed over Mount Airy? Was it b/c strength of schedule?
Parity. Robbinsville is in conference with only one truly weak team. The rest are very closely packed. So “strength of schedule” was better than other conferences, I guess. No other measurement gives Robbinsville the 1seed over Mt Airy or Eastern Randolph.

We are ranked 2nd but above ER and have the same record. We have played the toughest schedule in 1a. Our SOS is 1.0. All others are Minus 0.
besides we was rank high before we play a conference game

Last edited:
It will all come out in the wash. I will say it all seems subjective. I guess that is why we play a playoff in the end. Somebody, somewhere thought their conference was stronger from the beginning. They just play each other as designed and it only helps them in the rpi. Our conference being a weaker conference because our teams are viewed as weak, lower our rpi everytime we play each other as designed. So, it seems we are getting the short end of the stick it seems when using the rpi system. Maybe it will change when we change conferences, but again it depends on how the teams are viewed from the beginning. At least, that is the way it seems.

Last edited:
Parity. Robbinsville is in conference with only one truly weak team. The rest are very closely packed. So “strength of schedule” was better than other conferences, I guess. No other measurement gives Robbinsville the 1seed over Mt Airy or Eastern Randolph.
I think the best team out of the West that no one is looking at is Mt Heritage. MA is still in line to repeat with no one even close

It will all come out in the wash. I will say it all seems subjective. I guess that is why we play a playoff in the end. Somebody, somewhere thought their conference was stronger from the beginning. They just play each other as designed and it only helps them in the rpi. Our conference being a weaker conference because our teams are viewed as weak, lower our rpi everytime we play each other as designed. So, it seems we are getting the short end of the stick it seems when using the rpi system. Maybe it will change when we change conferences, but again it depends on how the teams are viewed from the beginning. At least, that is the way it seems.

The RPI is based on numbers only. No opinions are included, no consideration of "weak" or "strong" conferences.

The RPI is based on numbers only. No opinions are included, no consideration of "weak" or "strong" conferences.
So, If for example Robbinsville were 6-0 in conference, and Mount Airy was also in their own conference, then they would have the same rpi? Lets' exclude the non-conference games.

So, If for example Robbinsville were 6-0 in conference, and Mount Airy was also in their own conference, then they would have the same rpi? Lets' exclude the non-conference games.
It would depend on how their opponents in conference had done. Even without non conference it would be OWP and OOWP.

It is 30% to OOWP that just seems out of whack to me. NO team really has anything to say about their conference. Some say over the non Conference opponents. But none what so ever over the opponents opponents.

Reactions: Bearmod1
It’s really pretty simple
If you’re wanting a good rpi schedule teams that will more than likely have a good rpi themselves

No. Because the teams in each respective conference will not have same record or RPI.

• Love
It is a little funny. Eastern Randolph lost first game of year to Eastern Alamance, the sixth rated RPI in all of 3A. Then went undefeated the rest of the way against all 3A/2A schedule, just like last season. The things that hurt their RPI this year were the Parkwood non conference and EA losing a rivalry game by one point. I know it’s completely selfish but as I have said before I wish there was a formula that credited teams for playing “up”. Think it was incredibly smart for Rville to play RG to boost their score win or lose. If this current system stays in place, and I personally do like it, I can see many teams trying to copy that. And to me that’s better than playing-insert team that struggles historically here- and having an inflated WP.

Would you rather play swain, Murphy, Mitchell or mountain heritage. If I’m y’all I’d be ok with this draw. No offense to thomasville.
That's ok, I like us going in as a possible sleeper.

From a Bulldogs standpoint its better for a traveling. Opponent wise ER will be really tough, Albemarle always plays us hard, Andrews despite their record has played murphy and some others close.

If swain would elect to never throw the football again then we would be in trouble. Cant believe on 4th and short they passed instead of giving it to 3.
If I'm not mistaken we tried running it on 1st 2nd and 3rd down and got stuffed..and I believe it was 4th and 4 which is a far cry from 4th and short.

Reactions: Swain97 and BK13T-$
If I'm not mistaken we tried running it on 1st 2nd and 3rd down and got stuffed..and I believe it was 4th and 4 which is a far cry from 4th and short.
I understand, but I also understand that Swain was on the 4 yardline. Get it in and you win. Sounds to me like Robbinsville was given a gift. They took advantage of it but a gift never the less.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
As long as all our lights are working lol
LoL. Good one! At least we had a portable back up. Didn’t do much but we tried!

LoL Yes CTK will experience some decent accommodations here in Clay County. Safe travels to all visiting the mountains.

That's ok, I like us going in as a possible sleeper.

From a Bulldogs standpoint its better for a traveling. Opponent wise ER will be really tough, Albemarle always plays us hard, Andrews despite their record has played murphy and some others close.
Murphy got the best draw 1st two rounds. Then it is a trip to MA. On the other side I got ER-Thomasville in the third round.

I understand, but I also understand that Swain was on the 4 yardline. Get it in and you win. Sounds to me like Robbinsville was given a gift. They took advantage of it but a gift never the less.
This is silly 😜
We still had a whole Q of play.

Didn’t notice anything on scoreboard but the play clock malfunctioned
I think it just went off for a few seconds but that happens with everyone. Our play clock doesn’t work half the time. Good luck throughout the playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT