ADVERTISEMENT

Fields with artificial turf.

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
The subject of artificial turfs was just broached in another topic. I certainly understand the pros and cons of it. Pros are safety from muddy fields, a pristine field all year, less maintenance, etc. Cons are costs that many counties can't afford, losing the feel of "real, dirty football, and not being able to dress the field up (lines) for different sports. It seems that artificial turfs are plentiful in the Charlotte area and the mountains area. I am surprised that there aren't many, if any in the Greensboro, Raleigh, and Fayetteville areas, that I know of anyway. My question to you is are there any artificial turfs at schools that AREN'T considered to be Charlotte and mountain area schools? This is mainly for my education, because I don't know of any, but would love to learn if there are.

Andrews & High Point Central need to lean on that big time furniture money to get that artificial surface. Put their company logo on it. When you get it lobby the NCHSAA to host a Stste championship game. Excellent location sand access.

Most of that furniture money is gone. Lexington Furniture, Thomasville, Henredon, Broyhill, Drexel and Maitland-Smith are all headquartered in Thomasville now. The only money left is at HPU. Maybe Nido Quebein will jump on board.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Most of that furniture money is gone. Lexington Furniture, Thomasville, Henredon, Broyhill, Drexel and Maitland-Smith are all headquartered in Thomasville now. The only money left is at HPU. Maybe Nido Quebein will jump on board.

OC, the sofa I have, recently broke. I drove up to Hickory to the furniture mart where they have all kinds of selections. I found one that was comfortable so I asked the lady, there, the price. She said it was 2,500.00. I asked her why it was so much and she told me it was a Henredon. I told her I thought it was a sofa. She said it was but that was a top of the line brand and it was made out of real wood as opposed to fabricated materials and it was more comfortable. This particular brand, she said, was originally made in Morganton, by hand. Needless to say I do not have a Henredon because I can't afford it but I made up my mind, right then. I would save and have one, one of these days. After these 72 hour work weeks like I'm doing now, I could put in some serious nap time on a Henredon.

OC, the sofa I have, recently broke. I drove up to Hickory to the furniture mart where they have all kinds of selections. I found one that was comfortable so I asked the lady, there, the price. She said it was 2,500.00. I asked her why it was so much and she told me it was a Henredon. I told her I thought it was a sofa. She said it was but that was a top of the line brand and it was made out of real wood as opposed to fabricated materials and it was more comfortable. This particular brand, she said, was originally made in Morganton, by hand. Needless to say I do not have a Henredon because I can't afford it but I made up my mind, right then. I would save and have one, one of these days. After these 72 hour work weeks like I'm doing now, I could put in some serious nap time on a Henredon.
Lincolnton. "Originally", she would have been right about the origin of that Henredon sofa. More than likely, it's now Guangdong. I'd find one that's comfortable, and not worry too much about the name.
Hope you're resting comfortably in preparation for that big game at Blanton Stadium. Go Wolves!

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Mr. Linconton,

Congrats on your win last night and good luck next week. If you read Mr. OC's post he said headquartered not manufactured. HP, Thomasville, Lexington have a very small amount of furniture made there. It is real sad as you ride through those towns and see those massive plants decaying.

Guys, thanks for the information. OC, the anticipation of playing Shelby is always a stressor, but I'm glad we're the ones playing them, as tough as it is. Also, thanks for the advice on the sofa.

Thanks, Sportsnut, I hope you get to take in a game, next Friday. It's a great time of the year to be a high school football fan.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4250095174931&set=gm.487254761288859&type=3&theater

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT