ADVERTISEMENT

ER @ MA

I’m sorry but I’m not buying the whole signal stealing BS. If they are capable of stealing signals after a week of watching film then those are some special coaches. ER had a game plan that was working MA made some adjustments and took over. The fumbles by ER didn’t do us any favors. As for keeping the mouth quiet MA #25 with the classless taunting over our RB as he is on the ground. Or how about #5 from MA flexing out our sideline yelling it’s over. Hats off to MA they won the game I’m not taking anything from them they are at the top in 1A.

I’m sorry but I’m not buying the whole signal stealing BS. If they are capable of stealing signals after a week of watching film then those are some special coaches. ER had a game plan that was working MA made some adjustments and took over. The fumbles by ER didn’t do us any favors. As for keeping the mouth quiet MA #25 with the classless taunting over our RB as he is on the ground. Or how about #5 from MA flexing out our sideline yelling it’s over. Hats off to MA they won the game I’m not taking anything from them they are at the top in 1A.
Classless was #51 and several others walked of the field and wouldn't shake MA hands. Luckily coaches made them. So do talk about classless. #51 shoving #22 after #22 pushed him down the field. TBH there was a lot of class by both teams. Most guys were helping each other up. Emotions do get high in a battle and these are Teenagers. So the classless by the few of both teams wasn't that bad so just leave it alone. Don't call out our kids and not yours....it happens.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I was referring to a comment. #51 did get a Unsportsmanlike penalty late in the game and so did #22 it was offset. You say that’s classless I beg to differ. However your kid standing over our kid on the ground taunting him to me that was a classless moment. And #5 flexing at our sideline yelling it’s over was a classless moment. Are they teenagers absolutely do things happen yes they do. I also think it is pitty to accuse ER of stealing plays just because MA was losing at the half. Just my opinion. As I have said before congratulations to MA they are at the top.

I was referring to a comment. #51 did get a Unsportsmanlike penalty late in the game and so did #22 it was offset. You say that’s classless I beg to differ. However your kid standing over our kid on the ground taunting him to me that was a classless moment. And #5 flexing at our sideline yelling it’s over was a classless moment. Are they teenagers absolutely do things happen yes they do. I also think it is pitty to accuse ER of stealing plays just because MA was losing at the half. Just my opinion. As I have said before congratulations to MA they are at the top.
Wow is all I can say. Most ER posters especially kids and chute would never call out players but they are respectable as they come. Man you are way off. The two kids you called out are outstanding young men and I guess you will have a whole off season to stew on that. I hope #51 the best at UNC next year he is really good. Maybe you will get to see #5 next year for Va Tech.

Wow is all I can say. Most ER posters especially kids and chute would never call out players but they are respectable as they come. Man you are way off. The two kids you called out are outstanding young men and I guess you will have a whole off season to stew on that. I hope #51 the best at UNC next year he is really good. Maybe you will get to see #5 next year for Va Tech.
I never said they wasn’t good kids. I said it was a classless moment never once said they wasn’t good kids. Don’t twist it up. I wish them the best at VT nothing against them or MA. As I will say it again you guys are at the top of 1A and have nothing but respect for all you on here.

Reactions: thekidd12
If @HWY49 says it happened then it did. I’ve told y’all countless times we, as in ER supporters, do not say things about anyone unless it has merit. Now y’all know I was not there but I do not doubt the man at all. This apparently was corroborated by Deana as well.
They see it on the tv they do it. I read where two ER players were not going in shake hard line earlier (one being the QB on a bum ankle I believe) also read where coaches quickly set them straight. Did not read where there were “several others”
Y’all putting too much stock in how a teenager will act. Mt Airy won, again.
In a couple of weeks they may/may not be playing for a SC. Are all players perfect in the “respect” they show other teams? Depends on if they are our teenagers or yours. Comes back to that perspective thing again.
I’ll end this monologue with this. Once again if 49 said it happened it did.
Good luck next week to the Bears

Every year somebody loses and starts calling out players. Nip it in the bud. If you think it was classless then call it both ways. Lots of celebrating after big plays on both sides. And at 35-21 it was over.

Every year somebody loses and starts calling out players. Nip it in the bud. If you think it was classless then call it both ways. Lots of celebrating after big plays on both sides. And at 35-21 it was over.
You and I agree on a lot of things on here. I wasn’t going to comment any more on this thread until Deana posted she heard the same thing. I know I’m old and that affects how I look at things. Was it over? Obviously it was. Should a player be saying so to other sideline? Once maybe before his coach “straightened him out”. At least in the olden times that was true.
And I’m hoping nip it in the bud was an Andy Griffith reference because as I stated I do enjoy your posts…

Reactions: HWY49
You and I agree on a lot of things on here. I wasn’t going to comment any more on this thread until Deana posted she heard the same thing. I know I’m old and that affects how I look at things. Was it over? Obviously it was. Should a player be saying so to other sideline? Once maybe before his coach “straightened him out”. At least in the olden times that was true.
And I’m hoping nip it in the bud was an Andy Griffith reference because as I stated I do enjoy your posts…
Kidd ER was so dang good they would have won we would been ok with it bc they would been the better team. They were legit and had playmakers everywhere......the secret is out my friend ER is who we thought they were
dang good!!!!!

Good ol Barney

I bet they won’t be screaming it’s over with 7 left at Rville my son played there his junior year hard place to win a lot of pride there 60 and 70 year old men wearing their letters tough tough tough
Well I guess the whole mountain is riding on Robbinsville to back up all that talk against us flatlanders……fact is robbinsville is not as good as ER. I will bet anyone anything they will not rush for what they did last Friday and dang sure will not hold us to negative rushing. Any takers

Well I guess the whole mountain is riding on Robbinsville to back up all that talk against us flatlanders……fact is robbinsville is not as good as ER. I will bet anyone anything they will not rush for what they did last Friday and dang sure will not hold us to negative rushing. Any takers
I'd say you are 100% correct...But what you're missing is Robbinsville only wants 3 yds a carry and 8 minutes of each quarter.. No flashes of greatness, no 80 yd tds, no trick plays.. They beat people with 3 yds a carry. Can they do it to MA? Doubtful..But if they are getting 3 or 4 yds a carry and 1 or 2 stops on defense then you are in trouble.

I want to thank all of y’all for keeping this thread alive. This discussion about a game that doesn’t involve half of the title of thread is riveting. If only someone had created another thread where you guys could digitally spar to your hearts’ contents…

I want to thank all of y’all for keeping this thread alive. This discussion about a game that doesn’t involve half of the title of thread is riveting. If only someone had created another thread where you guys could digitally spar to your hearts’ contents…
Sorry Kidd, move on over to the fun thread, your wisdom is missed.

• Haha
MA ran some of there version of the Tarboro T and it worked good. QB under center looked strange for MA. They have done that few times this season. Thanks everyone that came to hang out tailgaiting. Thanks Deanna and Kingdevil.
Hmm did you just call the Flexbone a version of the Tarboro T ? JK has been in the flexbone since he started coaching. Mount Airy is the first school he’s not been in it. When he first came to East it was a trip down memory lane from the Paul Johnson flexbone teams at Georgia southern. The straight T tarboro uses is a wing T formation that predates single wing and double wing. I’ve not seen any of that from Mount Airy.

If we pull this one off it be greatest Win in or history I just don't see these boys laying down Friday night and I know that's what Robbinsville is hoping for

Reactions: Bearmod1
Not buying the sign stealing either. MA has absolutely no secrets. They have 2 excellent RB’s who hit open spaces quickly even when the OL misses blocks. 90% of their offense is ran out of the shotgun with single RB and split RB formations. They’ll run a trap, option, sweep, isolation, and occasional pass to keep the defense from filling the box. For all my baseball fans, Mariano Rivera threw one pitch and everyone in the ballpark knew what he was throwing. Great team and great execution of their offense.

Sounds like this game played out like last years. Can't fumble the ball four times and expect to beat a team like MA. Maybe I'm glad I wasn't able to go. Watching that would've made me sick to my stomach.
MA caused 3 of those with hard hits. #3 tipped long pass and almost had INT just to have it fall in receivers hands for long TD

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT