ADVERTISEMENT

Elizabeth City Northeastern vs. Reidsville III

I was at the Wrh Reidsville game. If that Reidsville team shows up Friday night they will not only lose, they will lose bad. Reidsville better not overlook Northeastern or they will get embarrassed at home. I'm by no means guaranteeing a win, I'm just stating the obvious. This Northeastern team is a legitimate state title contender and has just a good a chance at winning this game as does Reidsville. These are two equally matched teams and it should be a very competitive game.
Reread just the first two sentences. So basically he is saying the Rams had a bad night and still whipped his team.

Reactions: UNC91
I know absolutely nothing about ECNE. How versatile is their game? Do they have a passing game at all? (something you rarely see in smaller eastern NC schools.) Some here said their secondary is suspect. Given the area of the state and the teams they have played, have they seen any teams that can test it to form an opinion? TO beat Reidsville, they are going to need to run and pass effectively and on defense they are going to need to defend both the run and the pass. IF they are like the typical one dimensional eastern NC schools, you may see a Rose Wallace Hill type outcome.

I warned goob of that last nite. Supposedly NE coaching has been planing for the Rams for weeks.
Both times NE played Reidsville the NE coach failed to make adjustments. He’s a good coach but he’s won by out athleting everybody. Reidsville has similar athletes plus great coaches that make adjustments on the fly some I have yet to see NE coach do that. I believe this game will be similar to the last time. Except hopefully the wind want be blowing to keep them in the game this time.

Hey Tarheel fan 1 everybody had a first game of the season. Either that or you didn’t have a season. I don’t even know what that means. Course I’m a little slow. That’s what Momma said.

Reactions: thekidd12
I know absolutely nothing about ECNE. How versatile is their game? Do they have a passing game at all? (something you rarely see in smaller eastern NC schools.) Some here said their secondary is suspect. Given the area of the state and the teams they have played, have they seen any teams that can test it to form an opinion? TO beat Reidsville, they are going to need to run and pass effectively and on defense they are going to need to defend both the run and the pass. IF they are like the typical one dimensional eastern NC schools, you may see a Rose Wallace Hill type outcome.

I can answer some of your questions

Do we have a passing game?
Our qb has passed for 620 yards in the last two games and ran for 240

Is our secondary suspect?

In the beginning of the year it was. As of late Northeastern has faced to pass oriented teams in Kinston and Eastern Randolph. Northeastern had I believe 4 but maybe 5 interceptions in those games. In the Kinston the wide receivers average height was 6'1. They had some very tall receivers that made it difficult for our kids but they manned up and played great.

Have we played anyone who could test us?

Havelock and Kinston both were very good. We only trailed Havelock by 1 at halftime although they beat us good the second half.

On defense can we defend the pass and the run?

I'm taking your word that you know nothing or very little about our program so I will address this question. We have maybe the best defensive player in NC on our team in Kaveon Freshwater. He's an All American and he's playing out of his mind. Our defense may just be the best defensive line in all of 2a,, and I'm pretty sure it is.

I hope this answered your questions and feel free to fact check me.

Well,that was kind of like me picking NC State to win a National Championship in Men's Basketball. We can always dream 😀. Seriously this game should be a burner. We have to stop #20 and Pinnix to Pass. If we do that, or just limit the big plays we will come out with a W. Your Rams have to find a way to slow down Fresh and Fletch on defense. They are playing on another level. Freshwater put on an All American type performance against Eastern Randolph and Fletch did so against Kinston. Plus two other defensive players for NE have been playing really well as of late. Big #11 Rashawn Lister and #10 Quasi Thomas. I think everyone that attends this game will be in for a treat. I'll hold my prediction till later. I'm hoping for some kind of a sign, hopefully I'll get one. See you guys Wednesday

Definitely, curious what you guys game plan is on defense. I doubt pass gets doubled like wrh. Rankin may get doubled for us.

s
I know absolutely nothing about ECNE. How versatile is their game? Do they have a passing game at all? (something you rarely see in smaller eastern NC schools.) Some here said their secondary is suspect. Given the area of the state and the teams they have played, have they seen any teams that can test it to form an opinion? TO beat Reidsville, they are going to need to run and pass effectively and on defense they are going to need to defend both the run and the pass. IF they are like the typical one dimensional eastern NC schools, you may see a Rose Wallace Hill ty
Hey Tarheel fan 1 everybody had a first game of the season. Either that or you didn’t have a season. I don’t even know what that means. Course I’m a little slow. That’s what Momma said.
Our first game got canceled. East surry played north Davidson

In the beginning of the year it was. As of late Northeastern has faced to pass oriented teams in Kinston and Eastern Randolph. Northeastern had I believe 4 but maybe 5 interceptions in those games. In the Kinston the wide receivers average height was 6'1. They had some very tall receivers that made it difficult for our kids but they manned up and played great.

Havelock and Kinston both were very good. We only trailed Havelock by 1 at halftime although they beat us good the second half.

I'm taking your word that you know nothing or very little about our program so I will address this question. We have maybe the best defensive player in NC on our team in Kaveon Freshwater. He's an All American and he's playing out of his mind. Our defense may just be the best defensive line in all of 2a,, and I'm pretty sure it is.

Wont need to fact check. Reidsville will certainly take care of that task.

• Haha

Lol wow what are you talking about. Best defensive player in NC lol best defensive line man you're are funny man. Does anyone take you serious in real life? NE secondary is suspect as hell, my buddy from havelock said throw all night on NE. Run right at the big freshwater all night long. I'm gonna be at the game Friday in Reidsville since only a short drive for me.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I admire your passion, but Reidsville has put a running clock on every opponent they've played this season (not 100% sure about E. Surry--final was 48-14), including SW Onslow and WRH. And you're discussing NE potentially coming in and "embarrassing" Reidsville? Let's be nice and call that a "bold" statement...
Yes sir that is a bold statement but I do my best to tell others my honest opinions up here. Sometimes people may not like what I say but so far I have been spot on. I was simply stating that if Reidsville plays as bad against us as they did Wrh then they will lose bad. That is being 100% honest. Reidsville looked bad in their last game, everyone saw that unless they had blinders on. When Northeastern plays bad I'm the first to admit it. I have seen two Reidsville games. One I saw in person and the other I watched on NFHS NETWORK. Reidsville didn't look like the Reidsville teams that beat NE in the past. Once again, I think this game is going to be awesome for any high school fb fan, maybe I'm wrong.

Yes sir that is a bold statement but I do my best to tell others my honest opinions up here. Sometimes people may not like what I say but so far I have been spot on. I was simply stating that if Reidsville plays as bad against us as they did Wrh then they will lose bad. That is being 100% honest. Reidsville looked bad in their last game, everyone saw that unless they had blinders on. When Northeastern plays bad I'm the first to admit it. I have seen two Reidsville games. One I saw in person and the other I watched on NFHS NETWORK. Reidsville didn't look like the Reidsville teams that beat NE in the past. Once again, I think this game is going to be awesome for any high school fb fan, maybe I'm wrong.

Man the stuff you spit out is wild. You had NE beating 1a Holmes and havelock. Lost both, then got on here saying NE wouldn't make the playoffs. You been right all along?

I don’t understand. You do know this reidsville team is a lot better than 2018. The 2018 team was mostly sophomores. Now the reidsville team from last year, if you want to say that team was better, I won’t argue

He was referring to Thomasville cancelling our first scheduled game due to Covid. E Surry played the week before.

I've got to ask the glaring question....In what way did we play badly? WRH was completely one dimensional. Being up 2 TDs against them might as be 4. They double teamed Pass and Harrison ran for nearly 300 yds and 4 TDs. We had a TD called back on a bogus call. We absolutely crushed them in special teams. I will say Kyle missed a couple throws but far from bad. We gave up a late td against our 2s and 3s.

Lol wow what are you talking about. Best defensive player in NC lol best defensive line man you're are funny man. Does anyone take you serious in real life? NE secondary is suspect as hell, my buddy from havelock said throw all night on NE. Run right at the big freshwater all night long. I'm gonna be at the game Friday in Reidsville since only a short drive for me.
Bring me my 100.00 cause I called you!!

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
I've got to ask the glaring question....In what way did we play badly? WRH was completely one dimensional. Being up 2 TDs against them might as be 4. They double teamed Pass and Harrison ran for nearly 300 yds and 4 TDs. We had a TD called back on a bogus call. We absolutely crushed them in special teams. I will say Kyle missed a couple throws but far from bad. We gave up a late td against our 2s and 3s.
The score could and should have been tied at half or no worse than a 4pt Reidsville lead against a young inexperienced Wrh team playing in a very tough environment. Maybe Reidsville played good, I hope that was the case. In all honesty noone outside of Northeastern and maybe a couple of other teams posters are giving us any chance. We have nothing to lose. See you guys Wednesday

• Haha
The score could and should have been tied at half or no worse than a 4pt Reidsville lead against a young inexperienced Wrh team playing in a very tough environment. Maybe Reidsville played good, I hope that was the case. In all honesty noone outside of Northeastern and maybe a couple of other teams posters are giving us any chance. We have nothing to lose. See you guys Wednesday

Definitely nothing to lose, you had NE not even making the playoffs lol......

I haven't seen anyone saying NE doesn't have a chance. Of course NE has a chance to beat Reidsville--possibly a decent chance. You just lose me when you start talking about NE possibly embarrassing Reidsville. What would constitute "embarrassing"? Losing by more than 7? If you're talking about winning by 3 or 4 TDs, I would say that's highly unlikely. That's about as likely as Reidsville putting a running clock on NE. Time will tell.

Well I'm not a big man. Come see us at the game. I'll be over with TheMule and Rambbq. My gut tells me you can't come out from behind the screen to acually meet anyone. Prove me wrong. You'll have a good time.

I know who you are, I've seen you twice. What are you referring to by the 100.00?

I haven't seen anyone saying NE doesn't have a chance. Of course NE has a chance to beat Reidsville--possibly a decent chance. You just lose me when you start talking about NE possibly embarrassing Reidsville. What would constitute "embarrassing"? Losing by more than 7? If you're talking about winning by 3 or 4 TDs, I would say that's highly unlikely. That's about as likely as Reidsville putting a running clock on NE. Time will tell.

Take goober with a grain of salt. He switches up daily. He knows NE isn't going to embarrass Reidsville. Thing is NE boys read these boys and goober wants to hype them up. Reidsville should win this game going away. Pass wont be stop all night. Run at freshwater all night long

Here I go again. Reread the first two sentences. Many games could and should have had different scores. Sometimes good teams make bad things happen.

I admire your passion, but Reidsville has put a running clock on every opponent they've played this season (not 100% sure about E. Surry--final was 48-14), including SW Onslow and WRH. And you're discussing NE potentially coming in and "embarrassing" Reidsville? Let's be nice and call that a "bold" statement...
Please don't compare Swo and wrh to this northeastern team maybe 3 to 4 years ago maybe but not this year

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
It will be a great game and atmosphere! Idk who to pick but I believe NE has solidified themselves as a perennial powerhouse and shouldn’t be taken lightly by anyone.

• Haha
I know who you are, I've seen you twice. What are you referring to by the 100.00?
When you predicted that ER would win by 14+. I commented and told you I would take some of that action for 100.00 You may have missed it. It's ok I'll still take the money. :cool:

• Haha
Not sure how I lose you. If Reidsville plays bad they will get embarrassed. That's all I'm saying. I could flip that and say if NE plays bad then we'll probably get embarrassed. Yes I saw someone posted something about a possible running clock, that's about as likely to happen as either team gets beat bad. I have stated numerous times up here that I think this game is going to be explosive and very exciting for all who attend.

• Haha
Not sure how I lose you. If Reidsville plays bad they will get embarrassed. That's all I'm saying. I could flip that and say if NE plays bad then we'll probably get embarrassed. Yes I saw someone posted something about a possible running clock, that's about as likely to happen as either team gets beat bad. I have stated numerous times up here that I think this game is going to be explosive and very exciting for all who attend.
I agree with you that if either team plays "bad" it could be an easy win for the other. However, you said NE would embarrass Reidsville if they played like they did Friday against WRH. The starters beat WRH 49-7. I don't see how that's a "bad" game. Was Reidsville supposed to win 70-0?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT