ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton @ Northeastern on 9/22

JAHAces

Dec 5, 2016
Even though Edenton has dropped down to 1A, should be another great game between these rivals. Both are undefeated. Both have been putting up a ton of points. Lots of talent on both teams. What are your keys to the game for each team?

It appears that Holmes relies on Bailey to move the ball. He is averaging 15 carries and over 200 yards per game. With that many touches, I would be concerned about his health and endurance down the stretch. I don't know how deep they are in the backfield. On paper, it appears this will be a close contest but it is difficult to know because I am not familiar with the teams Holmes has played so far. Have they been tested?

Interesting note, Northeastern beat Northern Nash 47-7. Tarboro beat Northern Nash 42-7. I'm guessing both teams had a running clock and used backup players. Either way, I am curious how these two teams match up.

Keep us updated on the score if you can. I know a lot of folks are interested how this turns out. Best of luck!

Reactions: JAHAces
It appears that Holmes relies on Bailey to move the ball. He is averaging 15 carries and over 200 yards per game. With that many touches, I would be concerned about his health and endurance down the stretch. I don't know how deep they are in the backfield. On paper, it appears this will be a close contest but it is difficult to know because I am not familiar with the teams Holmes has played so far. Have they been tested?

Interesting note, Northeastern beat Northern Nash 47-7. Tarboro beat Northern Nash 42-7. I'm guessing both teams had a running clock and used backup players. Either way, I am curious how these two teams match up.

Keep us updated on the score if you can. I know a lot of folks are interested how this turns out. Best of luck!
Just a reminder the Aces have a stable of good RB's to carry the load if they are concentrating on stopping Bailey,for instance Capehart # 33,#23 Eric Phelp,#6 Spruill,# 16 Stanley QB and RB's plus a host of others. Holmes has beaten First Flight,Pasquotank,Bertie,Currituck,and Virginia Disciple School from Richmond,VA. the home school national champions five years in a row they have beaten every teams that was in their conference last year except Hertford County whom they didn't schedule this year averaging over 40 points a game against all the teams they have played so far.

Keys to Aces' win: ball control, limit turnovers, pressure Hall, keep it close, be last team to score.

Keys to Aces' win: ball control, limit turnovers, pressure Hall, keep it close, be last team to score.
Is your band coming to the game? Why is you guys band so dull? I'm sure Mr. Dale the band director can do better let the kids have fun. The band is suppose to help up lift the team and entertain the fans or there wise they shouldn't even be there. They win a lot of competition but compare to other bands in the area they leave a lot to be desired they use to be pretty decent years a go but now at half time seen as if they are at a symphony playing Mozart or Bethoven. If you guys can get your band on track with the band director Mr. Dale you will have something good at Holmes.

Is your band coming to the game? Why is you guys band so dull? I'm sure Mr. Dale the band director can do better let the kids have fun. The band is suppose to help up lift the team and entertain the fans or there wise they shouldn't even be there. They win a lot of competition but compare to other bands in the area they leave a lot to be desired they use to be pretty decent years a go but now at half time seen as if they are at a symphony playing Mozart or Bethoven. If you guys can get your band on track with the band director Mr. Dale you will have something good at Holmes.
Lol. Many 1a schools are fortunate to have a band at all.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Hey JAHAces-
Keep us updated on the score if you can. Thanks and good luck tonight from Tarboro!

NE 41
Holmes 20

I really thought this would be closer. Was NE underrated or was Holmes overrated?

Edenton had two turnovers that led to Northeastern TDs. Edenton also had two pass interference calls against them that were ridiculous. Both calls kept momentum going for Northeastern. Even w/o the turnovers and the help of the refs, I think Northeastern still would have won. The Eagles are a bigger, faster, deeper team than Edenton. But the game would have been much closer. Proud of the Aces for playing a clean game w/ no personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conduct calls. Can't say the same for the Eagles who had 4 personal fouls, including a chop block on a kickoff to the Aces at the very end of the game with the Eagles up 41-20. Totally uncalled for. Aces player was injured due to a low class cheap shot.

Northeastern just that good it should have been 62 to 8
Northeastern just that good it should have been 62 to 8
Haha. Dream on. Shoulda woulda coulda. Northeastern is good but not great. They'll breeze through their conf. And stay undefeated and then get beat again in the second or third round of the playoffs. 2 fumbles doomed us tonight and northeastern played error free ball. Hats off to them but Too bad we won't have a rematch this year.

NE 41
Holmes 20

I really thought this would be closer. Was NE underrated or was Holmes overrated?
Thanks for engaging in some intelligent football conversation. It is refreshing to see. NE is very very talented. That is the long and the short of it. However one poster continues to say the score should have been 62-8 with no real facts to back it up. Truth is those of us who actually paid attention to the game saw a game that was 27-13 middle of the 3Q and 34-20 with 3 or 4 minutes left when Holmes was driving in NE territory and NE defense came up huge and held the Aces on downs. Walker then scored a TD with about a minute left for the final margin. Far from a game that should have been 62-8.

Reactions: 35Lead
Thanks for engaging in some intelligent football conversation. It is refreshing to see. NE is very very talented. That is the long and the short of it. However one poster continues to say the score should have been 62-8 with no real facts to back it up. Truth is those of us who actually paid attention to the game saw a game that was 27-13 middle of the 3Q and 34-20 with 3 or 4 minutes left when Holmes was driving in NE territory and NE defense came up huge and held the Aces on downs. Walker then scored a TD with about a minute left for the final margin. Far from a game that should have been 62-8.
Thanks for the input. I am curious to take a look at the stats.

Thanks for the input. I am curious to take a look at the stats.
Edenton Bailey 181 rushing yards on 21 carries. The two questionable pass interference call really hurt the Aces home field advantage even in high school football. The Aces can play with Northeastern no doubt about it they prove that last year when they came to Elizabeth City and knock them out of the playoff. They have beaten every teams that was 2A in their conference last year that they played this year except Hertford County who wasn't on their schedule this year.

How much of that 181 was on them two tds
Doesn't matter 181yds is a 181yds could have been three long TD's runs that would have put him over two yards and three long TD's runs. You guys should give the official a tip for bailing you guys out on those controversial long interference passes that bailed you guys out of a hole. Home field advantage man.

You know we got flagged more than edenton did and what is non-participation I looked it up and it had nothing to do with that play it's when 12 or more players are on the field at one time

You know we got flagged more than edenton did and what is non-participation I looked it up and it had nothing to do with that play it's when 12 or more players are on the field at one time
Northeastern has a good team but Edenton has a good team also considering they had to replace three offensive linemen and defensive linemen plus replacement in the secondary and still those two pass suspected interference call made a big different in the game. Edenton can play with most teams in the east 2A and 1A classification and even some 3A teams. Should have beaten Rocky Mount last season and they did beat Northeastern last season in the third round of the playoff in their second meeting of the season.

Last year northeastern switch quarterbacks in the second game not the same QB as the first game but still yes they won

Last year northeastern switch quarterbacks in the second game not the same QB as the first game but still yes they won
I heard they might stop the rivalry after next year, heck Edenton has been playing Northeastern since they were 4A always been a big game for both teams. I hope politic doesn't have anything to do with it. I heard the AD at Holmes and coach Moore don't really care for one another so talk to your people in EC so the games can continue after next season.

Questionable or not, that's the blessing and curse of trying to pass the ball in HS football. Very few teams at 1A or 2A will have the skill to be a prolific passing team. Passing in general at the smaller levels is feast and famine. The same plays that might get a PI one week will get intercepted the following week and will just fall incomplete the next. One thing is for sure, you hate to see referees take over the game with whistles and flags.

I hope not they done had some good games over the years
Yes always a good game for the fan and both communities. keep talking to both Moores at Northeastern there's no reason to cancel it's a money maker for both school and both school match up pretty well also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT