ADVERTISEMENT

Eat CROW reidsville!!!!!

Honestly I gave them hope, but didn’t think they’d win. I think Reidsville is the better team, just not today. The Rams shot their toes off all day, it's why you play the game. ED got all the breaks, but so what, they are the CHAMPS!!!!

Congrats to ED on a well deserved state title. Classy fans and first class program. WELL COACHED!!

Sorry to the Reidsville faithful, but not to the cocky ones who deserve to eat that big old dish of CROW PIE. 👀😜🤣 Now the arrow points back to the Golden Lions from Cleveland County.....the KING of 2A your daddy rabbit lol.

I hate it for Coach Teague and the classy fans I met from Reidsville last week.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
CONGRATS to our East Duplin Panthers on our very first state championship in football! and its all the more sweet to do it against Reidsville, a program that commands the utmost respect because of their great tradition and most state championships in NC history. Duplin County does it to them again. last time it was Wallace Rose-Hill. this time East Duplin.

The narrative that Reidsville beat themselves is bull_ht.

East Duplin pushed them all over the field. Their offensive line DOMINATED the line of scrimmage and if not for untimely penalties and a questionable fumble the halftime score would have been 21-0

You can talk all you want but today the better team won the game. Period.

Last edited:
Where can one find the box score
Here’s a game recap with stats:

CHAPEL HILL, NC – East Duplin held off a tough challenge from Reidsville, edging the Rams 24-21 to win their first Football State Championship in school history. Avery Gaby powered the East Duplin rushing attack, carrying the ball 37 times for 184 yards and a touchdown on his way to being named the 2A Most Valuable Player.

A blocked field goal that was recovered by Elam Moore who rumbled 70 yards to give East Duplin a 14-7 lead in the third quarter was the difference in the game. The Ivar De Jong 27-yard attempt was blocked by Rodrigo Sanchez who charged through the middle of the Rams line to get his right hand on it and knock the ball back into the Rams holder. Sanchez was selected as the Panthers’ Most Outstanding Defensive Player for his effort on the defensive line and the blocked field goal.

After East Duplin scored what seemed to be the game-icing touchdown on a fourth and goal at the five when Zack Brown hit Kade Kennedy in the right side of the endzone to go up 24-14 with just 2:16 to play, Reidsville’s Dionte Neal hauled the ensuing kickoff 83 yards to trim the Panther lead to 24-21. It was Neal’s second touchdown of the game and helped cement his selection as the Most Outstanding Offensive Player for the Rams.

East Duplin opened the scoring just 4:02 into the game, churning out an 8-play, 62-yard drive to go up 7-0 on a 1-yard touchdown run by Avery Gaby. Gaby tallied 46 yards on the drive, including a 35-yard gallop into the red zone where he was dragged out of bounds at the Reidsville 3-yard line.

East Duplin dominated time of possession in the first half, holding the ball for 15:50 and racking up 208 yards on the ground in the first half. The Panthers were driving late in the first half when Que’shyne Flippin forced a Nizaya Hall fumble at the Rams 3. Jaden McCain recovered the fumble and got out to the Reidsville 19 before he was helped out of bounds.

That turnover provided Reidsville with a spark as the Rams drove 81 yards in the final 2:43 of the half to tie the game at 7 at the half on a 1-yard touchdown pass from Al Lee to Dionte Neal in the right-side flats. The touchdown capped a 14-play drive for the Rams, their best offensive string of the game.

The Reidsville defense was led by Paul Widerman who had 12 tackles in the game, but Jaden McCain was selected as the Rams Most Outstanding Defensive Performer with 3.5 tackles and a fumble recovery he forced and returned out to the 19. He also hauled in a touchdown pass from 40 yards out that cut the East Duplin lead down to 17-14 with just 7:25 to go in the game.

The Panther offense racked up a total of 292 rushing yards. Nizaya Hall had an outstanding day operating as a change of pace back to the game’s MVP Gaby. Hall carried the ball 14 times for 94 yards on his way to earning the Most Outstanding Offensive Performer Award for the Panthers.

Reidsville finished the season 14-2 and the Rams were the champions of the Mid-State 2A with a perfect record of 6-0 in conference play. The Rams appeared in the school’s 26thState Championship Game all-time, the most by any program in NCHSAA History.

East Duplin finished the season at 15-1. The Panthers won the East Central 2A with a record of 6-0. This was the second regional championship for the Panthers, and their first State Championship appearance since 2017.

You just suck in general as a person too.
Want say it to my face. Guarantee that. This is why I hope we meet again next year. But I guarantee you won’t make it back. We may not either but will be better than y’all. But if we do meet. Come see me face to face. Il show you what’s up. No doubt

Want say it to my face. Guarantee that. This is why I hope we meet again next year. But I guarantee you won’t make it back. We may not either but will be better than y’all. But if we do meet. Come see me face to face. Il show you what’s up. No doubt
Mr Tough Guy, I'm shaking in my boots🤣😂🤣😂 No we won't be back there next year because we have 15 Seniors on this team. Reidsville Might make it back, who knows. I expect Clinton, Wallace, James Kenan, or Northeastern to be there from the East.

Mr Tough Guy, I'm shaking in my boots🤣😂🤣😂 No we won't be back there next year because we have 15 Seniors on this team. Reidsville Might make it back, who knows. I expect Clinton, Wallace, James Kenan, or Northeastern to be there from the East.
Well come watch us next year in finals anyways. See you then.

Northeastern will not make it through that gauntlet. ED will reload and be a well coached competitive team with anyone

Plus, there's no Guarantee that reidsville makes it back to the championship game next year

We have a lot back so I like our chances. Should be a better team back, unless guys leave the team.

Anyway good game. I just didn't like the pass interference call.

We have a lot back so I like our chances. Should be a better team back, unless guys leave the team.

I like Reidsvilles chances too. For different reasons I am sure. 1. They have typically a very carefully selected non-conference schedule plus apparently a very weak conference, which they run the table every year. That enables them to play nearly EVERY playoff game at home, short of the title game itself most years. If that isnt a built in advantage IDK what is. The other side of that coin is they arent nearly as strong on the road, especially when playing a team anywhere near their caliber as we have seen the last couple years. Key to beating Reidsville? Hope they arent the #1 seed in the playoffs every year so they have to travel. They dont appear to like that scenario.

Reactions: dogs79
How is the non conference weak?

Guarantee whoa mule won’t respond cause he never does when I ask him that

Poor WhoaMule doesnt know a lick about football. Not a lick I say. Someone needs to put that mess hall custodian out to pasture.

How is the non conference weak?

Guarantee whoa mule won’t respond cause he never does when I ask him that
Lets see here....Two of the non-conference teams Reidsville played have losing records, one is around .500 and the other was a good team apparently, although didnt advance very far in the playoffs? In fact 6 of the 10 teams on RHS regular season schedule this year had losing records if the stats I saw in MaxPreps are correct. That includes both in and out of conference play. And ONE of those under .500 teams didnt Reidsville lose to? So, if this is true, wouldnt the casual observer have to conclude that Reidsville did have a fairly easy road to a low seed which (as usual) guaranteed them favorable matchups (at home, of course?) Not many teams get 10 home games EVERY year. One has to wonder just how far up the food chain Reidsville would end up in, say, Shelby;s conference? Reckon they would be literally guaranteed a low seed every year like they are now?

Lets see here....Two of the non-conference teams Reidsville played have losing records, one is around .500 and the other was a good team apparently, although didnt advance very far in the playoffs? In fact 6 of the 10 teams on RHS regular season schedule this year had losing records if the stats I saw in MaxPreps are correct. That includes both in and out of conference play. And ONE of those under .500 teams didnt Reidsville lose to? So, if this is true, wouldnt the casual observer have to conclude that Reidsville did have a fairly easy road to a low seed which (as usual) guaranteed them favorable matchups (at home, of course?) Not many teams get 10 home games EVERY year. One has to wonder just how far up the food chain Reidsville would end up in, say, Shelby;s conference? Reckon they would be literally guaranteed a low seed every year like they are now?

I just think you have no clue. Page is 4a and only lost to grimsley by 5 points. That’s not a easy game. Eastern alamance went to the 3rd round. Western alamance has been a little down recently, but that’s a really good program. The Covid year they were a state championship contender. Are you new to North Carolina? If you are then I understand your ignorance to the triad teams. Reidsville can’t help their conference schedule.

Reactions: LC3III

Ok you just outed yourself as not knowing anything by mentioning Shelby's conference, which they will even admit is worse than ours.

How did your team do this year?

I was going to ask who is his team. I think its Pisgah

PISGAH?!?!?!? He is one to talk about strength of schedule or how good the triad is after getting molliwopped by Dudley and losing to that mighty 12-1 West Henderson team got smoked by Eastern Guilford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT