ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Wayne 1-1 @ SW Edgecombe 2-0

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Not really much to say about this one leading up to it. The home team SHOULD win this one going away. SWE is a better team, but turnovers can give the game to underdogs in a hurry. As long as we leave the turnovers in the locker room, it should be a comfortable victory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
SWE ball on own 30. 39yd run in first play to EW 31. Sack on next play puts us behind the sticks, leading to 4th and 2. Converted, but on next play, QB has arm hit on pass, resulting in an easy int at the EW 4. There's the turnover I mentioned.

Pass interference called on uncatchable ball saves EW from going 3 and out.

EW is having themselves a nice, slow drive. It might not stop until they reach the end zone..

Before I finished the last post, EW fumbles, recovered by SWE at own 25.
They had us....

Looking rough. 3rd and 17, incomplete pass.punt from own 17 to EW 30.

We've had one good offensive play, and that was the very first one. Meanwhile, EW is getting chunks of yardage.

4th and 2 from EW 41 is stuffed, but 2 personal foul penalties on EW leads to a change of possession with a 30 yard penalty.

I think we've only had 1 first down, and that was on the opening play. They have closer to 10, it seems.

15 yard td run called back because of a hold. Ball on SWE 20.

4th down from the 20, pass falls incomplete. Had a wide open receiver, but saw him too late. SWE ball from own 20.

1st down from the EW 28 turns to 2nd down from 50 after an intentional grounding penalty.

3rd and 25 turns into a 40 yard td pass. QB was running for his life, but his accuracy is a 99!
Xp good. SWE leads 7-0 with 6 sec left.

Halftime
SWE 0 7
EW 0 0

I'll be honest... It's a shame and by some miracle that EW has 0 points. Excluding that 80 yd scoring drive, they have to have more than twice and many yards as us. They have moved the ball everywhere except into the end zone. Meanwhile, that last drive exceeded our yardage in all of our other drives combined. They are giving us the business on both sides of the ball. Can't take this to Tarboro next week. They know how to finish their drives.
Look at me, looking towards next week myself. We're at risk of losing THIS game.

Halftime
SWE 0 7
EW 0 0

I'll be honest... It's a shame and by some miracle that EW has 0 points. Excluding that 80 yd scoring drive, they have to have more than twice and many yards as us. They have moved the ball everywhere except into the end zone. Meanwhile, that last drive exceeded our yardage in all of our other drives combined. They are giving us the business on both sides of the ball. Can't take this to Tarboro next week. They know how to finish their drives.
Look at me, looking towards next week myself. We're at risk of losing THIS game.
I wonder if it's possible swe was overlooking Eastern Wayne in preparation for next week. It's easy to do.

Halftime
SWE 0 7
EW 0 0

Any update?

4th and 10 converted at the 50. 4th and 13, this time turned over. SWE ball at own 43.

First play, run, fumbles, recovered by SWE and advanced, just to fumble again, recovered by EW at own 37.
2 fumbles on one play.

20 yard td pass by EW. 2pt no good. Don't blame them at all for going for it. We haven't shown we can stop 2 yards, but somehow we just did. SWE 7 EW 6.

SWE fumbles at own 40, recovered by EW.
I hope I didn't manifest turnovers in my opening post, because that's exactly what's happening.

Lol yea. They couldn’t scored 100 lol. This NE team is hella young. I didn’t waste my time going. I should’ve came to SWE
It's a good game if you don't have a dog in the fight. Frustrating if you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT