ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern randolph hits portal

The first part of the text was truthful.
The second part was complete tongue in cheek. Sorry, perhaps I should have put that little tidbit in quotes or something. As in making fun of the whole concept of recruiting high school players.

And Mr. Man (which there is no evidence that he is a MAN) does not know me, to my knowledge never spoken to me, and has no idea how to be a part of the tailgating group of supporters at Mt Airy.

And did you actually wake up of the wrong side of the bed today or something?

The first part of the text was truthful.
The second part was complete tongue in cheek. Sorry, perhaps I should have put that little tidbit in quotes or something. As in making fun of the whole concept of recruiting high school players.

And Mr. Man (which there is no evidence that he is a MAN) does not know me, to my knowledge never spoken to me, and has no idea how to be a part of the tailgating group of supporters at Mt Airy.

And did you actually wake up of the wrong side of the bed today or something?
No I just thought that was stupid. But like you said you're 71 so you make some bad decisions sometime. From what I understand they have two transfers that have moved into the district from Surry central. A kid from Tennessee. And a kid from here. I do worry about kids from here going to there. I mean I do think we found someone who wants to be here. Some of the things I'm hearing are questionable as far as what he's going to try to do. We don't have the athletes to run what Mount Airy does. Not even close. Supposedly since all of our good ones went with LoJack.

Swain county lost their whole backfield…
You really think they can't replace those people? And have you seen the guys on the defensive line? They can find some dudes they can run. Everybody's biggest problem is going to be scoring on them. I don't think that backfield makes a hill of beans.

No I just thought that was stupid. But like you said you're 71 so you make some bad decisions sometime. From what I understand they have two transfers that have moved into the district from Surry central. A kid from Tennessee. And a kid from here. I do worry about kids from here going to there. I mean I do think we found someone who wants to be here. Some of the things I'm hearing are questionable as far as what he's going to try to do. We don't have the athletes to run what Mount Airy does. Not even close. Supposedly since all of our good ones went with LoJack.
The one (young man) from Surry Central is all that I know about and, according to what I have been told, this young man was actually going to go to East Until Lowman left. Then he and his father requested a transfer to Mt Airy.

I have heard but do not know for a fact, that one or two families moved from Charlotte to Mt Airy and have enrolled their children here.
I do not know, and have not heard of anybody from Tennessee.

I would not help, nor I do not believe, anyone from the Mount Airy administration would be a part of "recruiting" anyone to come to MA for purposes of "sports".

I certainly did not mean for anyone to take my previous "tongue in cheek" comment to be taken as anything but stupid chatter.

And I will be 73 this August 16 and hope to combine our first tailgating with a Happy Old Age Celebration that you are certainly invited to attend, even if you do not plan to stay for our game. And I certainly hope East Surry lays a "whupping" on Robbinsville this year.

Reactions: sbbbfan
The one (young man) from Surry Central is all that I know about and, according to what I have been told, this young man was actually going to go to East Until Lowman left. Then he and his father requested a transfer to Mt Airy.

I have heard but do not know for a fact, that one or two families moved from Charlotte to Mt Airy and have enrolled their children here.
I do not know, and have not heard of anybody from Tennessee.

I would not help, nor I do not believe, anyone from the Mount Airy administration would be a part of "recruiting" anyone to come to MA for purposes of "sports".

I certainly did not mean for anyone to take my previous "tongue in cheek" comment to be taken as anything but stupid chatter.

And I will be 73 this August 16 and hope to combine our first tailgating with a Happy Old Age Celebration that you are certainly invited to attend, even if you do not plan to stay for our game. And I certainly hope East Surry lays a "whupping" on Robbinsville this year.
The area should be fun to watch with new coaches everywhere except Surry Central and North Surry

Yeah. They wouldn't even be disciplined enough to even smell tarboro's jockstrap. Watch them. Tarboro would smash them into pieces
This is a West Columbus guy here. I definitely think Tarboro is the team to beat out of the 1A East this year and will have another great shot at the state championship. We will continue to build something this way with the youth program and consistency with coaching at the high school. We lost 17 seniors though. Maybe the Tarboro folks can provide some insight, but I don’t like what’s going on with the Wilson Prep deal going against small rural 1A programs. There are no rules with their recruiting - they’ve won over 20 games in two years of existence and I personally don’t think it’s fair, especially in 1A football. I heard they also picked up an assistant from Tarboro, but not sure of the impact. Then there is the NIL deal for high school students in private schools compared to public schools. Again, I still think Tarboro is the class of the 1A East this year, I’m just curious of you all’s thoughts, especially after this season.

Last edited:
This is a West Columbus guy here. I definitely think Tarboro is the team to beat out of the 1A East this year and will have another great shot at the state championship. We will continue to build something this way with the youth program and consistency with coaching at the high school. We lost 17 seniors though. Maybe the Tarboro folks can provide some insight, but I don’t like what’s going on with the Wilson Prep deal going against small rural 1A programs. There are no rules with their recruiting - they’ve won over 20 games in two years of existence and I personally don’t think it’s fair, especially 1A football. I heard they also picked up an assistant from Tarboro, but not sure of the impact. Then there is the NIL deal for high school students in private schools compared to public schools. Again, I still think Tarboro is the class of the 1A East this year, I’m just curious of you all’s thoughts, especially after this season.
One of Tarboros coaches did leave to go to Wilson prep and be the offensive coordinator. They have raved about their line on both sides of the ball. That being said I don't see them beating Tarboro this year. Now if projections are true then Wilson prep would remain in 1a in 2025 and they more than likely would be the favorite in the east.

Reactions: axelberg7
One of Tarboros coaches did leave to go to Wilson prep and be the offensive coordinator. They have raved about their line on both sides of the ball. That being said I don't see them beating Tarboro this year. Now if projections are true then Wilson prep would remain in 1a in 2025 and they more than likely would be the favorite in the east.
I think that worries me even more starting in 2025. They definitely would be the favorite in the new alignment for 1A. Then when they hit the “recruiting trail” in Wilson, Edgecombe, Nash County or beyond, part of their pitch would be the easy path to a state championship under the new alignment. I just don’t like the potential of how this is going to hurt the traditional schools who’ve worked hard with their programs. I hope I end up wrong about it. In the meantime, the best of luck to you all this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT