ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Championship WRH (12-2) @ East Duplin (13-1)

Have these two schools ever met in the playoffs before?

Both teams had dominating games this past Friday night, I hate that I will miss this weeks game due to a church function that was already planned, If my life depends on picking a winner it would be ED in another close one, they still have done nothing to change my mind about me picking them to get back to State title game. I couldnt make the playoff game last year and WRH won maybe they will do the same again. Best of luck to both teams. Epecially the dogs.

Both teams had dominating games this past Friday night, I hate that I will miss this weeks game due to a church function that was already planned, If my life depends on picking a winner it would be ED in another close one, they still have done nothing to change my mind about me picking them to get back to State title game. I couldnt make the playoff game last year and WRH won maybe they will do the same again. Best of luck to both teams. Epecially the dogs.

Reactions: mdogj85
I have the bulldogs pulling the game out in a close win Ed Playing great football so is wrh I just have the dogs winning not to downplay your your assesment not calling anyone out either on their pick assesment or whatever this just my opinion and thoughts so I have family on both teams a nephew for ED And cousins And cousins on Wrh team so whoever wins I’ll be in chapel rooting for a Duplin County Team Dowsnt matter if it’s ED Or Wrh I’ll Be There!! Go Dogs!!

Reactions: PantherDad07081623
I posted in a thread early in the playoffs that if there was one coach capable of stopping WRH offensively, it would be Battle. I have to stick with that post. Will it be enough- I don’t know.

Anyone reading my posts over the years knows how much I value coaching. I love Motsinger. He is a players coach and his defense really likes to get after you. However, if Brian is heavily involved with game planning you have to think East Duplin has the coaching advantage with those two.

Two very good programs. Can’t wait for Friday night. Stay classy guys.

I posted in a thread early in the playoffs that if there was one coach capable of stopping WRH offensively, it would be Battle. I have to stick with that post. Will it be enough- I don’t know.

Anyone reading my posts over the years knows how much I value coaching. I love Motsinger. He is a players coach and his defense really likes to get after you. However, if Brian is heavily involved with game planning you have to think East Duplin has the coaching advantage with those two.

Two very good programs. Can’t wait for Friday night. Stay classy guys.
Shouldn't anything new be revealed Friday night. These coaching staffs are familiar with each other. Least mistakes will win this one. It'll be close, flip a coin

Rolling into this discussion from the 1A board. Tarboro has seen both of these schools over the last 10-15 years. Crazy respect for both programs. I watched the regular season game and it was a classic as these games always seem to be. The Dogs have a rich history of state championship appearances and the Panthers, they got there...once...and lost. I would like to see the Panthers get another shot at a state title, but I have to stop short of full throated support for any team in powder blue helmets. For my money, Duplin County is, per capita, the best football county in the state. I'll be in Tarboro supporting the Vikings on Friday night, but I truly believe if you want to find the best game in the state this Friday night, head towards the lights just north of Beulaville.

Rolling into this discussion from the 1A board. Tarboro has seen both of these schools over the last 10-15 years. Crazy respect for both programs. I watched the regular season game and it was a classic as these games always seem to be. The Dogs have a rich history of state championship appearances and the Panthers, they got there...once...and lost. I would like to see the Panthers get another shot at a state title, but I have to stop short of full throated support for any team in powder blue helmets. For my money, Duplin County is, per capita, the best football county in the state. I'll be in Tarboro supporting the Vikings on Friday night, but I truly believe if you want to find the best game in the state this Friday night, head towards the lights just north of Beulaville.
Agree wholeheartedly

Both teams are so evenly matched. It could come down to turnovers and the specials teams. I give an edge to ED on special teams. As for the Defense- edge to WRH since they held ED to one rushing TD in regular season. No edge for either offense. Both are playing very good. Like another poster said. They know one another. Just suit up and whoever wants it more. Again congratulations on the young men and coaches. Oh! Of course I’ll be watching from the visitor’s side of the field.

Reactions: Friday Night1
The first game WRH played probably the worst game of the year. I am expecting a better showing offensively. If Wallace gets going early I don’t see it being close like the regular season game. 24-18 Wallace wins.

I remember in 2017 ED vs Hibriten championship game. ED was tough and well coached and they could have easily have beaten us that day. Those boys were big and fast! I wish I could make the time to drive to see this game coming up!! I do have some bad news though. That dang Reidsville team looks like they are gonna give Burns all they want and most likely a whole lot more! I would like to see ED win a state championship since they came soo close in 2017! I am not against Wallace btw! Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries!

I remember in 2017 ED vs Hibriten championship game. ED was tough and well coached and they could have easily have beaten us that day. Those boys were big and fast! I wish I could make the time to drive to see this game coming up!! I do have some bad news though. That dang Reidsville team looks like they are gonna give Burns all they want and most likely a whole lot more! I would like to see ED win a state championship since they came soo close in 2017! I am not against Wallace btw! Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries!
I’m a Reidsville guy but I watched that game in stadium. ED was the better team. Rb got hurt and boosted Hibriten confidence.

Did the running back that was so fast for y'all that year ever play anywhere? And how about the middle backer he was one of the best players I have seen. We couldn't block him.

Last edited:
I’m a Reidsville guy but I watched that game in stadium. ED was the better team. Rb got hurt and boosted Hibriten confidence.

The teams were even, Hibriten had 3A numbers and ED had 19 year olds, which makes for off setting penalties.

That ED/Hibriton game was cold, the Punter for Hibriton had a great game, kept pinning ED deep.

Reactions: EDPanther99
I know you rove around, but your also without a home. We can go with nomadic, if you prefer. Serious question, who do you think wins the west?

Tough to call, whoever has the best game plan and makes the best adjustments.
This is one of those where you can clearly see it's riding on the coaching staff mostly.

Reactions: Dawg-on and dogs79
Unfortunately, WRH is not one of my local teams, although it would be cool if it was. East Duplin is one of readership area teams.
Contact Chris, cross that river. It'll give your paper a boost! Just kidding. Did you or your kin folk play softball with the bucs?

yes it is unfortunate. since were just a stones throw
Like I said, it would be neat but not sure of the reach our company would have. I have developed a great relationship with the East Duplin community
Contact Chris, cross that river. It'll give your paper a boost! Just kidding. Did you or your kin folk play softball with the bucs?
Ha. Thanks brotha. I want to say many years ago our newspaper tried to incorporate WRH into the mix but didn't have much luck.

Reactions: O&B Attack
Here is some info that we received in a call and email yesterday regarding game day for all that will be coming to the ED vs WRH game:

Parking will be similar to last week’s game. However, as we do expect a large crowd, we do encourage folks to carpool if possible. As soon as our Student Parking lot is filled, we will close down that parking lot and direct our traffic to use the main entrance to the school which is the middle driveway. Because we will be closing the Student Parking lot once it’s full, parents using the Booster Parking lot should plan to arrive early so that they can have access to that parking lot.

Traffic will be directed by adults to our open parking areas. Once all paved parking spots are used, we will begin using our grounds for parking. In order to keep traffic moving quickly and smoothly, cars will be directed to the rear parking lot that is located by the tennis courts as our secondary parking area. Spectators using the rear parking lot will enter the stadium at the gate located directly behind the visitor’s stands. Once this parking lot is full, we will direct cars to the parking area in the front yard of the school. Please be careful in this parking area as there are trees located throughout the area. All parking areas will have adults there to guide you were to park.

We are hopeful that we have enough parking areas on campus to accommodate all cars so that no one has to park along the highway. If you choose to park on the side of the highway, please use extreme care in navigating through any oncoming traffic.
Presale tickets can be purchased in our front office tomorrow and Thursday from 9 to 2. Tickets are $10 each and can still be purchased at the gate on game day. There will be a Presale Ticket gate for this game located at the gate nearest the Fine Arts Building. This will be used as a sort of Fast Pass but everyone will still need to go through metal detectors prior to entering the stadium. Presale tickets can be used at all other gates, but you will need to get in line with everyone else and go through metal detectors before entering the stadium.
We ask that no fans bring in outside food or drinks. You will ask to take these back to your vehicle, as these present additional obstacles at security checkpoints. There will be three concession stands available at this game, as well as our Panther PACT Pork Loin sandwiches and chicken sausage wraps for sale. There will be abundant Rent-a-Johns stationed around the stadium as well for this game. Remember that only clear bags will be allowed inside the stadium.

I hope this helps everyone that is planning to attend the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
I’m jealous of you guys. IF Clinton could have held on, we’d be hosting the EC on Friday assuming we would’ve beat Whiteville of course. What a game this is gonna be. Best of luck to both teams. Otis, Clinton has brought back the fireworks for home games and it’s wild! Got to come check it out sometime. ED’s field, stadium as a whole, and pregame/ingame music, is top notch. Have fun my friend.

I’m jealous of you guys. IF Clinton could have held on, we’d be hosting the EC on Friday assuming we would’ve beat Whiteville of course. What a game this is gonna be. Best of luck to both teams. Otis, Clinton has brought back the fireworks for home games and it’s wild! Got to come check it out sometime. ED’s field, stadium as a whole, and pregame/ingame music, is top notch. Have fun my friend.

Yea this is a huge gate Clinton is missing out on. At 10.00 a person it could be 150,000.00 What is the largest crowd to ever be there?

As for the fireworks I will certainly be disappointed if they don't have them. When they played North Davidson ( Christopher Dunn kicking) I was blown away by the pregame entrance. It's the best I have ever seen for a high school game and better than any college game I have been too. State might be able to top it now with their light show they now have but I didn't go to a game there this year. I stood there for a minute or more thinking it would end at a y moment but it seemed to get bigger and bigger. So I did take my phone out and snap some photos. I've still got them somewhere. I need to look.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yea this is a huge gate Clinton is missing out on. At 10.00 a person it could be 150,000.00 What is the largest crowd to ever be there?

As for the fireworks I will certainly be disappointed if they don't have them. When they played North Davidson ( Christopher Dunn kicking) I was blown away by the pregame entrance. It's the best I have ever seen for a high school game and better than any college game I have been too. State might be able to top it now with their light show they now have but I didn't go to a game there this year. I stood there for a minute or more thinking it would end at a y moment but it seemed to get bigger and bigger. So I did take my phone out and snap some photos. I've still got them somewhere. I need to look.
Don't know the biggest ever for sure but been told it was 2002 Clinton vs East Duplin. Think the internet hurts attendence some now. But it will be packed. Don't think you will see that entrance this year been pretty simple so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT