ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Championship WRH (12-2) @ East Duplin (13-1)

Congratulations to east duplin... Now the fun task of seeing who is going and coming my way that I can try to catch a ride with so.i can see them.in the state championship game

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Congratulations on the win, ED. Hope D. Hall will be good to go next week, because the secondary will be tested by Reidsville.

Reactions: oldway55
Hate to hurt some feelings but wrh qb did throw a 50 yard pass td to number 7 while he was in stride tonight... So the wrh can't throw comment is a little bit inaccurate... Still though it was a great game and it wrh had a great season... Looking forward to next weekend... going to be another good one

Last edited:
First and foremost, hats off to both of these teams for their accomplishments so far this season. Someone from Duplin Co. will represent the East this year(#DC3). Better get there early Friday night, I'm sure it will be a packed house.

I didn't make it to either game last night, but from what I hear, both East Duplin and Wallace are primed and peaking at the right time. From my source, ED may be a little banged but nothing to be alarmed about from what I'm told.

Food for thought....

After what I've seen from Wallace, they have athletes all over the field. The keys to beat them in my opinion is to contain their QB (pure athlete), slow the game down, and limit possessions. Like I said, they have athletes all over the field and ANY of them can take it to the house at any given time. I was almost certain Kerr was going to be the Bulldogs best back this season, but it looks as if Irving Brown has taken that title. I'm still waiting on a breakout game from Montgomery. I'm sure the Panthers will be keying on Brown and Pearsall so it may be time for Montgomery/Kerr to have a bigger role. If you look at the last game against East Duplin, the number of carries is split pretty evenly. When you have 6 guys with 50+ carries on the season, it can be difficult to determine who will get the ball. I'm assuming they ride who has the hot hand so to speak, but everyone will get their shot.

For East Duplin, will Coach Holley implement the passing game anymore than usual? In the playoffs, the # of passing attempts have dropped 50% or more. Sure, we didn't need to pass against North Pitt. We attempted 3 passes for 31 yards against James Kenan in the playoffs vs. 11 passes for 147 yards in the regular season. I'm sure James Kenan was more prepared the second time around, but I'm just going on the numbers. ED did attempt 6 passes against Clinton, and I haven't seen the official numbers from last night's game. I'm sure Wallace will key on Avery Gaby. The Bulldogs held him to his lowest rushing yardage of the season during their last meeting (still had 20 carries for 91 yards), so it will be up to the Hall's and Kennedy to make the difference. Brown is also a game changer. He makes good decisions with the ball and has great awareness. Battle will have the boys prepared, I'm sure of that.

I expect nothing less than a barnburner in Beulaville Friday night. Two great coaches, two teams with a lot of talent. This game will come down to who wants it more. I think both teams can represent the East well, no matter who moves on.

No offense to Wallace players or fans, but I think East Duplin comes away with a W in this one. After a loss early on in the year, any time this team has been faced with adversity, they have overcome. Against Wallace and James Kenan (twice), the defense stood strong and created key turnovers to win the game. Against Clinton, the Panthers never gave up down by 14 at half and still found a way to win and advance. These kids have kept their eyes on the prize all season and I hope they can keep it going.

Hoping for a great, injury free game! Go Panthers! East Duplin by 7
Think I hit the nail on the head with this one. Kerr had a big game. We could not wrap him up one on one. Pearsall at QB hurt us with those designed runs.

The ED defense stood up once again when it mattered most. Hoping we get #1 Hall back on defense before next weekend. Great game by both teams.

Go Panthers!!!

Btw, it still blows my mind that Gaby has had no serious interest/offers. He runs like a freight train and is as humble as they come. Great athlete with great character.

Hate to hurt some feelings but wrh qb did throw a 50 yard pass td to number 7 while he was in stride tonight... So the wrh can't throw comment is a little bit inaccurate... Still though it was a great game and it wrh had a great season... Looking forward to next weekend... going to be another good one
WRH can't throw.......well

Think I hit the nail on the head with this one. Kerr had a big game. We could not wrap him up one on one. Pearsall at QB hurt us with those designed runs.

The ED defense stood up once again when it mattered most. Hoping we get #1 Hall back on defense before next weekend. Great game by both teams.

Go Panthers!!!

Btw, it still blows my mind that Gaby has had no serious interest/offers. He runs like a freight train and is as humble as they come. Great athlete with great character.

You may not want to hear this, but ya'll gotta play more serious competiton. Just playing 2A competition alone is not going to cut it. They gotta see how a player looks against other potential D1 kids. Plus he's got to go to the big camps.

You may not want to hear this, but ya'll gotta play more serious competiton. Just playing 2A competition alone is not going to cut it. They gotta see how a player looks against other potential D1 kids. Plus he's got to go to the big camps.
You’re probably right. More publicity would work in his favor

Like I said, we may get taken to the woodshed next week, but I’m overly excited for this group of young men to have this opportunity next weekend. They’ve worked hard for this. I know Reidsville is a great team with rich tradition. We’ll see what happens next weekend. I’ll still be a Panther win, lose, or draw.

Congratulations to ED, the Beulaville community and especially Battle and Aldridge. Game charger when punter punted ball to the 1 ft line. Don’t understand why WRH didn’t return punts except on last one
I agree dog79. I think Wallace also played a great game and could have won also. Man that 2 point try was close. I was watching on the tv and couldn't tell how close it was. Man who knows what would have happened in OT.

Congrats ED! It don't get any easier next week but I hope you all can get the W anyway! You will earn the title if you win it! I thought Reidsville was an east team??? They beat some really good teams badly!
Reidsville I think has gone east a few times before... But it really depends on the geographic location and how many west teams are there and east teams are there that qualify

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I agree dog79. I think Wallace also played a great game and could have won also. Man that 2 point try was close. I was watching on the tv and couldn't tell how close it was. Man who knows what would have happened in OT.
I screen recorded the highlights that wer shown on WNCT channel 9 sports last night. This had the best angle of all three new stations that were there. He definitely was short by almost a yard.

Here is the link below to WNCT sports from last night.

Last edited:
But we should have some type of replay system when it comes to semifinals and for sure state title games

Reactions: Strick68
I agree I have no dog in the fight and also watched on nfhs....and it looked like the back broke the goal line....not by much but it looked like he got in....Congrats to ED and Great season to WRH
Imma take the word of the guys who were right on the goal line looking across, they got the best look of anyone.....

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT