ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes at Wilkes Central

EW 49-21. Looks like Central can score but their defense is still terrible as has been the case for a long time.

I dont see a Cardinal Win by 21 plus points. But if EW can play as physical as they have the last two weeks, then i see an EW win. Honestly I can't remember the last time that EW played well in Moravian Falls. EW needs to bring it to win this one.

Im not sure about 21+ point win but with the way they have played thus far I do expect an EW win. With that being said, the defense has been the spotlight for me. That group seems to have it together. No disrespect, but have they played anyone? Its still too early to tell what this group can do. Several playmakers on the other side of the ball as well. My biggest complaint 3 games in, is the lack of discipline. The west game was full of penalties as well as the north game friday night with multiple unsportsmanlike and personal fouls. Definitely have to get that kind of stuff under control to even have a shot at being remotely competitive down the stretch.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Defense has played great in their first 3 games. Can’t help who they’ve played. They got rid of their old DC this year and it shows. North started the chatter when they walked a circle around EW in warmups an hour before kickoff, not their best idea… so those EW boys having a little extra fire in their bellies is understandable in that one. NW should rethink their intimidation strategy. Maybe a ceremonial dance at the 50 yd line would bode better. EW left no doubt who the better team was.

I might go to this game. Its been longtime since i have been to a Wilkes County game. On paper it looks like Wilkes Central offense can score. As for East Wikes defense on paper. Their defense will be tested vs Wilkes Central. I don't know how this game might play. You never know it could be another Carolina vs App State game like we saw yesterday.

He played a series...got his bell rung...got up very mouthy with the refs and got tossed shortly thereafter. NW folded early...EW was as physical as i have seen them in years. WC will have athletes...should he a highly contested game.

Reactions: KW23
If he got tossed does that meen he can"t play this week?

Not sure of the rules of ejection or disqualification..i'm not sure which one he actually received.

Reactions: KW23
Oh believe me the defense has looked awesome but lets be honest have we played anyone? Yes I know cant help who we play, I get it. But in all fairness im a realist, with that said the next game will be a true test for this defense. That should tell us alot before heading to Mt Airy for the conference opener. Im trying my best not to put the cart before the horse but this group is definitely looking good. As for all the unsportsmanlike and personal fouls, yeah NW brought a lot of that on themselves but we have to be smarter on the field. That kind of stuff will hurt you big time in close games. They just gotta get their heads right and play the game and let the score do the talking.

Honestly the way it was going I thought NW would have had more for East than they did after beating Ashe. As for this one I would about say it is a toss up. Haven’t seen the Eagles since week 1 against Ashe, but they seem to be improving since the wins over patton and Avery, now I know Avery doesn’t have a pulse yet, and not so sure on Patton, they played pretty well against Ashe for a half. I don’t believe the smith kid has played yet and he will definitely improve there defense if and when he comes back. IMO neither team has played anyone, but I highly doubt WC gets beat by 20, since 2010, WC leads with 9 wins to 3 for EW and all the 20 Point whippings have went to WC.

This is gonna be a fun game to watch. Im looking forward to seeing it Friday night. I definitely dont see EW by 20+ WC has played better last 2 weeks but again as the common theme here nobody has played a really tough schedule. Ashe is ok but nothing special they schedule Wilkes County in non conference because its close and thats the only place they can possibly get wins in now that they are 3A. Heck Friday night West Wilkes hurt themselves with fumbled snaps twice inside the Ashe 30 yard line and west fell behind the 8 ball and couldn’t bounce back. Again im really looking forward to seeing this game Friday and it could go either way but Im leaning EW because of Gentry and Martin thats a great 1,2 punch. EW 27-20.

Smith the lineman? I agree. Would be better off at East for sure. Like I said, West Wilkes may get that elusive win this year against the eagles. Central needs to make a lot of changes.
WW is getting better for sure, however they have not beaten WC since 2006, and have only beaten them 3 times WC has had a winning record in school history. That being said if WC doesn’t start playing better, I am For sure WW smells blood in the water and would love to break that streak.

I have only seen East Wilkes play 2 times in my lifetime. Watch them when they beat Starmount 2015. And tonight they took control of the entire game. Wilkes Central i didn't like the offense play calling It seems like the only plays that work is QB read and roll out to this left. And Wilkes Central defense just got destroyed. Hats off to East Wilked they played a great game.

I have only seen East Wilkes play 2 times in my lifetime. Watch them when they beat Starmount 2015. And tonight they took control of the entire game. Wilkes Central i didn't like the offense play calling It seems like the only plays that work is QB read and roll out to this left. And Wilkes Central defense just got destroyed. Hats off to East Wilked they played a great game.
New year same old story, WC really hasn’t looked solid since 2016ish

Sadly it's time for a change at WC. Now that they have new admin, and one that I assume cares more about sports than the last, I'd say Turner will be in his final year. Great coach, and great man, but I don't think he has been the same since dealing with his health issues. Hate to see it because at one point there was something good going on in Mo Falls.

Last edited:
Sadly it's time for a change at WC. Now that they have new admin, and one that I assume cares about sports, I'd say Turner will be in his final year. Great coach, and great man, but I don't think he has been the same since dealing with his health issues. Hate to see it because at one point there was something good going on in Mo Falls.
I really am not sure what has changed other than that. I know a couple of key staff guys left right around 2017 as well. Talent has been good enough to win consistently but something has been off the last little bit.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT