ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes 5-1 @ Starmount 6-1

It's almost like those Mt. Arrogant folks keep discussion going on 1A boards....

I didn't see the game, so I don't have much to say about it. Score is about what you might expect if you do the ole this team beat that team by this much and that one beat the other by this much. First half looked to be a good match up and wearing down and mistakes started showing up in the 2nd. Seems to happen more in 1A without the depth. I don't expect there will be many good or close games for Mount Airy, Starmount, or East Wilkes for the rest of the year barring injuries, so that's probably the conference 1,2,3 with playoffs set. Seeding should be interesting. That second round matchup that will face Starmount and East Wilkes due to seeding rules have a handful coming their way. It wouldn't be a surprise to see all three in the 3rd round.

Reactions: gdawg74 and sbbbfan
I thought it was a great game and what the Rams needed. East reminds me of what I see when I watch SMC teams, they don't do much on offense but what they do they do well. It seemed to me that either Starmount wasn't taking them seriously the first half or took some time to get used to that offense East ran. The defense had a very noticeable difference in the second half, much more aggressive and physical. On one play in the first half it looked like the Rams had a player surrounded and stopped only for him to somehow run free. Everybody just kind of froze and watched. All in all it was a great game by both teams and look forward to seeing them both succeed in the playoffs.

Great game , one mistake by the qb decided the game. Outside of that this was an evenly matched game. Flag the refs picked up in the 4th didn’t follow the play close enough to have an opinion. Was watching the play develop down field. But I will say that if you throw it , you seen it and in that situation that was the straw that broke the cardinals back. Took a lot of gumption to pick that flag up. Impressed with both teams , very even matchup. First time seeing either of these teams this year. Glad we chose this game over Walkertown and Reidsville. Both qbs are legit. Collin’s kid is Starmount, hope he stays upright for a playoff run. Backs for East run it HARD. Still trying to find the ball on that first East score. Qb hid it well. Good luck to both the rest of the way. Great to see three teams from the Nw1a with 3 teams that can not only play with, but beat any team in the west.

Reactions: buzzcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT