ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs Tarboro Round 3!

We're blessed to be going for the 3rd year in a row. It'll be a game for the ages. Both teams probably feel they have something to prove. East Surry has improved since the Reidsville game but they can't wait till the second half to turn it on. If the defense shows up out of the gate that'll be the difference. 42-35 East Surry.

To leave 1AA in the championship game is how I'd want to go out. All of us 1A schools are big fish in little ponds. We're moving ponds and we'll see how we stack up against the bigger fish. I wish everyone had that opportunity to see what they could do.

Does ES still have that DL that was getting offers from big schools? I think his last name was Washington? I don’t see him on the roster. I thought he was just a junior last year.

Does ES still have that DL that was getting offers from big schools? I think his last name was Washington? I don’t see him on the roster. I thought he was just a junior last year.
Graduated early and went to Tennessee. Made some poor choices and got into trouble. He's transferring somewhere else.

Match up many thought would happen, well here it is. I think our offense is faster and better than it was in 2019, so I think we will score. We scored 28 last year and seemed to turn it over a 100 times. So, if we can hold on to the ball, I feel we will score again. Problem is, I’m worried our defense will give up a lot again this year to east surry.

I hadn’t heard anything about tickets yet, it shouldn’t be a big problem I wouldn’t think . If like last year East probably brings 500 maybe .

It will be some great games though , I love to see the underestimating of this years East surry team , this will be a very close game , and the Reidsville game I think will be a big spread for the rams .

It will be some great games though , I love to see the underestimating of this years East surry team , this will be a very close game , and the Reidsville game I think will be a big spread for the rams .
East will get killed Vikings in big blowout

Tarboro definitely has been waiting for this matchup again. Coaches & players. It’s definitely going to be a war!
It just seems right that East and Tarboro meet for the 3rd time. I think there is nothing but respect between the two programs and fan bases. The East Surry kids I’ve spoken too during the past year have all said the same thing to me about wanting this one. Should be a great one!

Last edited:
Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I watched the Tarboro - East Surry game last year and thought the key to victory for ES was the offensive line play. ( the turnovers for Tarboro were a close second). The only chance Tarboro had was to put pressure on the QB and take advantage of hurried throws and they could not make that happen. If the ES line play is the same or better Tarboro will struggle stopping the passing game. Without any turnovers ES will likely not stop Tarboro’s running game. If Tarboro can get into the backfield the game could get out of hand. Looking forward to this one.

I just watched like half of the tarboro game from last Friday and I really don’t see them running the ball down east surry’s throat like were doing. I could be totally wrong but I don’t think Tarboro beats East with just a running game or passing out of there base formation. It’s probably not gonna be a blowout like last year but I’m still picking East to win tho

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Do you think they will clear the stadium and make you pay 2 admissions.
Don’t they always clear the stadium? Probably be at least two hours between the end of the first game and trophy ceremony and the start of the second game. Should be worth the price of two admissions though to see both.

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
I just watched like half of the tarboro game from last Friday and I really don’t see them running the ball down east surry’s throat like were doing. I could be totally wrong but I don’t think Tarboro beats East with just a running game or passing out of there base formation. It’s probably not gonna be a blowout like last year but I’m still picking East to win tho
Tarboro has a really good offensive line. Also this backfield is faster than last year. Tarboros offensive line against that East Surry defensive line is gonna be the matchup of the game imo.

Reactions: Mopar forever
For Tarboro their offense will have to bring its A game and no turnovers. East Surry offense they will get their yards and they will score points. For Tarboro defense they will have to create turnovers and prove that they can contain East Surry offense. East Surry been on a hot streak since that loss to Reidsville. I wouldn't think East Surry offense can't be nearly as good as what they had last year. Should be a fun game to watch

No..they have never cleared the stadium. Always cool to watch the next games team's warm up for an hour or so on the field.

Last year(2019) was flashy, like the greatest show on turf kinda deal. This year is more of a pack ya lunch and go to work type of team. Blue collar work ethic. June bug has done a great job at QB. He had some huge shoes to fill but he has done well.

Last year(2019) was flashy, like the greatest show on turf kinda deal. This year is more of a pack ya lunch and go to work type of team. Blue collar work ethic. June bug has done a great job at QB. He had some huge shoes to fill but he has done well.
That offense in 2019 was one of the best I've ever seen regardless of classification. Boaz looked like drew brees in the pocket that night lol. I doubt this offense this year is as good as that one. Y'all seem more well balanced than last season, good run game and passing game.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
It just seems right that East and Tarboro meet for the 3rd time. I think there is nothing but respect between the two programs and fan bases. The East Surry kids I’ve spoken too during the past year have all said the same thing to me about wanting this one. Should be a great one!
Definitely!

We know tarboro consistently has a great team , make no mistake East surry will be bringing a very good team also , doubt I see a blowout either way , I think this one gets decided by turnovers

Prediction.. This match up will go to overtime..
If that happens I honestly don't trust our special teams. Tarboro has never been known for having great kickers. I hate saying that because I feel like I'm knocking somebody's kid, but it's something we have always struggled with. We have had good kickers over the years but it's not often.

If that happens I honestly don't trust our special teams. Tarboro has never been known for having great kickers. I hate saying that because I feel like I'm knocking somebody's kid, but it's something we have always struggled with. We have had good kickers over the years but it's not often.
Well on kickoff don’t expect to have any returns because the ball is in or out the back of the end zone on every kick from East ... I don’t know how long of a field goal the kid from east can kick but it’s a long way

Yes the kid that’s kicking from East now seem to have came out of nowhere, he has been pinning them back a lot , wind was very bad the other nite vs Polk and still put them in the end zone against the wind

Reactions: Mopar forever
This really looks to be a classic , besides the Reidsville game earlier in the year I think East has only given up around 50 all year, they definitely have improved defensively , they still spread the field very well and have several weapons, and their running game is very good. They , I think the Reidsville , north davidson and Polk running attacks have prepared East very well , tarboro will get theirs and East will too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT