ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs Tarboro Round 3!

Coach craddock said heading into that 2019 game that East Surry would have the mental edge because they returned so much of the 2018 team that got blown out by Tarboro. Now IMO I think the roles are reversed. I think this game is close, but if we run the same defense as last year then Tarboro will fall to East Surry again. But with that being said I believe Tarboro gets redemption and brings home a close 35-31 victory.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Last year I had a huge feeling East Surry would beat Tarboro and I was correct. This year I don't have that feeling with ES losing 48-14 to Reidsville. These box scores don't help me feel an ES win. But I will pull for the West in 1A & 1AA !

Last year I had a huge feeling East Surry would beat Tarboro and I was correct. This year I don't have that feeling with ES losing 48-14 to Reidsville. These box scores don't help me feel an ES win. But I will pull for the West in 1A & 1AA !
Didn't Reidsville run the ball effectively in that game against East Surry?

They did in the first half ,east lost that game in the first half , I believe Reidsville scored 13 in the second half . East played way better d in the second half , East is a much improved team since then , I think that Reidsville team won’t be beaten this season . Don’t let that game make u think east is not very good .

Reactions: TarVikes
East is putting its best defense on the field it’s had in years and their offense is very versatile

Didn't Reidsville run the ball effectively in that game against East Surry?
Reidsville beat East Surry on March 5th...(1st game for Reidsville, 2nd for ES) 48-14.....Reidsville had 289 yards of offense 178 passing, 111 rushing , plus a 91 yard kickoff return....East Surry could only 71 yards of offense vs. the Rams..............

Everyone has thought East surry was going to be down this season but the team is still very loaded

They did in the first half ,east lost that game in the first half , I believe Reidsville scored 13 in the second half . East played way better d in the second half , East is a much improved team since then , I think that Reidsville team won’t be beaten this season . Don’t let that game make u think east is not very good .
Oh I'm not we learned the hard way just how good East Surry is last time

And we do feel the same about tarboro much respect for you guys , I think people will see this team doesn’t have that long pass option or the speed at receivers but imo they are better everywhere else , it’s gonna be a good one

Younger boaz at qb has came into his own also he has the long pass accuracy and speed on his pass , they are really mixing it up very well , I think 2 strong backs and long receivers. Gosnell kid that’s going to Ohio state has really turned it up on both sides of the ball , probably some of the hardest hits I’ve seen in a long time

If East Surry O line plays like they did tonight they will win. Their O line had 2-3 holding call all night n they dominate POLK .

Tarboro will be a tougher match up and both teams know each other - Tarboro need speed n athletics- ES D line isn’t the biggest but they are speedy and O line is about the same the D line so They beat you with their movement n quickness .

East oline is big in the middle , and some size defensively I think their quickness is what makes them tick , I get called a fool for saying it but I think all around this team is better than last season

East oline is big in the middle , and some size defensively I think their quickness is what makes them tick , I get called a fool for saying it but I think all around this team is better than last season
I doubt that. Last year's offense was one of the best I've ever seen. Tarboro is also quicker than 2019

East played just Enough defense last season to win that game , if not for the special teams plays where the vikes turned it over , it would have been a shootout

I love the atmosphere between these two teams , they show a lot of respect for each other . I think a couple of the kids even go to college together and have became friends
Coach craddocks son along with dillon mosley, jefferson boaz, landon stevens and Steven gosnell have gotten pretty close. Clay goes To NC State with dillon

Yeh we get a lot of flack from the mount airy crowd here , crap like East is recruiting and all but it just that crap , I think the kids really buy in to coach lowman,Plus some of these kids are really talented.

Not sure if the Reidsville game would sway me on the outcome of this game seeing they could probably win state in 3A.

Glad to hear u sayin that , I’ve said all year no one in 2a or maybe higher could beat Reidsville this year , that team had mostly juniors last season and east having 6 d1 players they barely beat the rams then . I knew they would be awesome this year , 48 to 14 was a beating but East surry played way better in that second half

Not sure if the Reidsville game would sway me on the outcome of this game seeing they could probably win state in 3A.
Reidsville is ranked 9th in the state including all classifications 1A through 4A

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Yes they deserve it , it will take a bad night for them to lose this year .A lot of people talk more of that win last season than they do the state title . It’s just intimidating walking into Reidsville and see 21 or whatever state banners .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT