ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry vs Atkins Monday Night "Final"

MA BEARMAN has been waiting on you all day and you let my comment about football fields hit a sore spot. And what matters is who wins on those football fields ! LOL Go answer MA BEARMAN... I did not call you out ! ! A lot of truth in what he said about you. I have no problem with Dosso

Last edited:
Buzz needs to seriously get a life if he has been waiting all day for me to respond....lol

Photo, I don't have to answer that question, you know the answer. I have probably only been to halve the schools in NC so I can't say if any others do or not. Bishop does have 2 distinct set of bleachers so the two set of fans do not co-mingle.

I will say this, until about 10 years ago Western Carolina University only had one side of seating, was that way for a good 20 years.

Yes WCU built the West side of their stadium in 2003. Prior to that through most of the 90s they had portable bleachers on that side. No bleachers on that side during the 80s although I have seen pictures with portable bleachers on that side in the 70s when the stadium was built. The now defunct Cullowhee HS (merged with Silva Webster to form Smoky Mountain HS) played their home games in WCU's EJ Whitmire stadium. There are several examples of high schools without stadiums sharing stadiums and playing in college stadiums on top of the ones you mentioned. Greenville Rose played their home games in ECU's Dowdy Flicken prior to building their own in the early 90s. Several schools have shared Durham County stadium over the years and I believe now a couple of private schools play their home games there along with Northern Durham. The old stadium in Charlotte (I believe Memorial) where the Shrine Bowl use to be played has been shared by several schools over the years. Don't really see the issue with Prep playing home games at Atkins or anywhere else and I agree Bishop has 2 distinct sets of stands for home and visitors. I think it is a nice facility to be privately funded.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
WCU1988, I knew that a HS played at Whitmire,but didn't think it was Smoky Mtn. Thanks for clearing that up. Seems that the West side at WCU prior to new side was mostly occupied by the POM. It was and still is one of the most spectacular views looking from the East side toward the West.

I hope you read the earlier post to know that I had no issues with Prep sharing Atkins or With Bishop facilities.

"I'll give you the last word".... "Now go back and read all the comments"...you sure that you're not a female photo?

WCU1988, I knew that a HS played at Whitmire,but didn't think it was Smoky Mtn. Thanks for clearing that up. Seems that the West side at WCU prior to new side was mostly occupied by the POM. It was and still is one of the most spectacular views looking from the East side toward the West.

I hope you read the earlier post to know that I had no issues with Prep sharing Atkins or With Bishop facilities.

I did read the earlier post and I know. Just have seen a lot of criticism about Bishop's stadium in this forum over the years and I have never seen a problem with it. Yea always have been a great view from the East side at EJ Whitmire. The West stands really adds to the atmosphere a lot compared to when I played there in the 80s. I had a sideline pass for homecoming against The Citadel last year and unbelievable how loud it can get when both sides are packed.

In regards to the stadium at Bishop. We have always been treated with class. The more traditional fields have always had bleachers on both sides but they didn't have enough room. I do wish they had split the bleachers at the 50 so as to show respect to the visitors as well as the home team fans.

Just don't get the two Bishop fans that get on here never t!bout their football team. Just.get on here to make wise.cracks at.MA Fans. Talk about the dam game. Plz. WHo cares.about your stadium we will play u in the parking lot. GO Bears!

apparently photo cares since it's not a "proper" field....lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT