ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry @ MA

Honestly ma was the better team, but had no discipline I was there, it was what it was it honestly didn't even feel like a win when it was over and my kid had the final tackle to end it and that was only because they thought they had a timeout and didn't get back to the line of scrimmage quick enough I don't know what ma"s deal was that night but they all needed a whipping and an asschewing because they acted horribly all night coaches included, would be on a touchdown run and flip off the crowd and spike the ball off one of our kids in the endzone its almost like they didn't want it, anyone who says otherwise wasnt there or was drunk lol

How many times does Tarboro have to beat Mt Airy or East Surry for y’all to stop talking about how y’all would have beat Tarboro
I'm not speaking for the Mount airy folks because I agree with you on that. I'm not mistaken we had a win against you in 19. So don't run that trap before you think. It ain't that big of a lopsided series as you are suggesting.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Just like every other team that played East Surry that year including Reidsville.

I could say East Surry looked like they never defended the run in 2018 and 2020.

How did Tarboro even come up in this topic to begin with?
I think it is because of all the NC 1A programs, Mt Airy and Tarboro are two of the long time upper level teams. Like it or not, Tarboro's success the past twenty or so years puts a target on you back, just like the third winningest team (behind Shelby and Reidsville) in NC high school history has on its back.

Pray tell we can not be proud of our teams much less say anything good about our current team. You would think by saying something supportive we automatically disrespected every other team in the state. I just do not get it!

What I do get is that the very people that put us down the most are the ones that spew out the most crap about everybody else. They take the fun out of high school sports.

In 2019 Tarboro look like they had never defended a pass.
East Surry didn’t defend the run in 18,20 against Tarboro.. they had the team of a lifetime with 8 D1 recruits that year and since the move to 2A they are going to struggle to make it to the 2A championship. Tarboro if I’m not mistake. Has won a state championship In Every classification except for 4A

Reactions: BigRedFan27
East Surry didn’t defend the run in 18,20 against Tarboro.. they had the team of a lifetime with 8 D1 recruits that year and since the move to 2A they are going to struggle to make it to the 2A championship. Tarboro if I’m not mistake. Has won a state championship In Every classification except for 4A
They probably had five D1 at the most.

I’m still sticking with the Bears tomorrow night by 3 . But I will say this - the cards better win Friday night cause it’s gonna be a loooooong time before they get another. The cupboard looked pretty bare tonight in cardinal land. That 35 -0 score could have been a lot worse if the bears hadn’t let off the gas in the 4th. Not to mention that what the Cards are seeing tomorrow night is a junior heavy squad. The cardinal coaching staff has had a lot of talent to work with the last 4-5 yrs. Next year they got there work cut out for themselves

Graduation is the greatest equalizer with schools our size. A lot of schools are one class away from being world beaters or being mediocre at best. From what I've heard from little league up to middle school its been slim pickings for a bit. Not taking anything away from those kids but the talent flow always fluctuates. That's why you enjoy the high times and the low times. We may be in a low time next year but I'd still rather be a Cardinal than anything I know.

Best wishes tonight

I believe the Wrecking Crew defense shows up in Mayberry tonight and holds the bears down. Folger goes off and it's the good guys by 14. Either way its still a great day to be a Cardinal!!!

Go Big Red
#27Forever

Graduation is the greatest equalizer with schools our size. A lot of schools are one class away from being world beaters or being mediocre at best. From what I've heard from little league up to middle school its been slim pickings for a bit. Not taking anything away from those kids but the talent flow always fluctuates. That's why you enjoy the high times and the low times. We may be in a low time next year but I'd still rather be a Cardinal than anything I know.

Best wishes tonight

I believe the Wrecking Crew defense shows up in Mayberry tonight and holds the bears down. Folger goes off and it's the good guys by 14. Either way its still a great day to be a Cardinal!!!

Go Big Red
#27Forever
Great post Big Red.

That was a great post Big Red. On this thread they were talking about the old posters. What ever happened to old rebel? To have winning seasons for years and years or deep runs in the playoffs are truly something special at the 1a level. Doing what the tarboro’s and the Smokey mountain teams do and play for state titles is a tribute to those coaching staffs and the infrastructure they have put in place from little league up. But the other things that make 1a football special are fan bases like these. Passionate about the kids of there community and their hometown teams. Friday night lights in the old mill towns and mountain towns across NC are truly special times. Good luck to the cards , just not tonight :)

Speaking of the old classic crap talkers , anyone know what happened to Rich with mountain island charter? As for tonight it should be a good one , either way both teams get out of each other what they are looking for in early season rivalry games. That’s to get better. Tge atmosphere tonight should be second to none. 2 weeks I’m a row for the bears.

tahat is what I was told last night. I saw him walking at the game with no limp but was told the coaches were not going to risk him getting hurt worse just for one game.

have you heard anything the game tonight? Forecast on weather radar is 40 to 50 % chance for more rain tonight.

Post From MA Bears Historian.....

MA Bears Historian
https://twitter.com/MABearHistorian
@MABearHistorian
·
3h

Tonight, is the 58th meeting between
@GraniteBears

. lead series 37-20 with each team splitting the last 6. East Surry currently on 3 game win streak.
FbGRpazXgAAqklV

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT