ADVERTISEMENT

East Surry at Shelby - West Finals- Poll

Who takes the West?

• East Surry

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Shelby

Votes: 92 77.3%

• Total voters
East QB will receive up-close-and-personal meeting with Shelby's Santana Hopper and Malaki Hamrick.

Reactions: UNC91
Ever hear ole saying speed kills, can't see East staying with Shelby, they look much bigger then us, good Qb and rec but just think Shelby be too much.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Ever hear ole saying speed kills, can't see East staying with Shelby, they look much bigger then us, good Qb and rec but just think Shelby be too much.
Shelby may win but don’t forget that East Surry played Monroe in the 3rd round. Everyone is well aware of the team speed they have. ES is a gritty bunch that don’t beat themselves or get rattled. Shelby very well may win but I bet those ES boys don’t back down. Like Shelby, they’ve been there before. Looking forward to following this one.

Shelby may win but don’t forget that East Surry played Monroe in the 3rd round. Everyone is well aware of the team speed they have. ES is a gritty bunch that don’t beat themselves or get rattled. Shelby very well may win but I bet those ES boys don’t back down. Like Shelby, they’ve been there before. Looking forward to following this one.
Yep! ES caught my attention holding Monroe to 9 points.

Shelby but to our surprise…It’ll be close
We shall see. Monroe held them to 10 points, and I can’t imagine a better defense than Shelby’s. I hope they have some beef on that online, too. If they’re small, they’re in trouble, period. Best of luck to your Vikings against Pender. Though, I don’t think y’all will need any.

The AD at East Surry Fleming was the quarterback for West stokes when they defeated Shelby in 2011. He may be the quarterback coach. East Surry will be big underdog but they play smart and hard. I seen East Forsyth play Charlotte Catholic a few years ago in the playoffs and the Catholic team looked like jv team compared to EF. Catholic won it at the end. You never know just have to play it out.

The AD at East Surry Fleming was the quarterback for West stokes when they defeated Shelby in 2011. He may be the quarterback coach. East Surry will be big underdog but they play smart and hard. I seen East Forsyth play Charlotte Catholic a few years ago in the playoffs and the Catholic team looked like jv team compared to EF. Catholic won it at the end. You never know just have to play it out.
Facts! Gotta play it out. Looking forward to hosting the Cardinals next week.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Watched alittle film on East.. Qb looks good, good arm and will take off run it.
But man I hope he's tough guy, cause he's going take some hits running that ball by this Shelby D.

• Haha
We shall see. Monroe held them to 10 points, and I can’t imagine a better defense than Shelby’s. I hope they have some beef on that online, too. If they’re small, they’re in trouble, period. Best of luck to your Vikings against Pender. Though, I don’t think y’all will need any.
Their OLine is by far bigger and light years above Reidsville OLine. I don’t think they will be intimidated like rams OLine was. But that don’t mean they will have success either. If they can control the Dline they will hang around. If not it will get ugly. Just my opinion with little information.

Yea I can agree. I’ve heard that Shelby’s defense is serious & beefed up on that dline! And appreciate it. Pender actually have me worried

Yea I can agree. I’ve heard that Shelby’s defense is serious & beefed up on that dline! And appreciate it. Pender actually have me worried
The thing is Pender play teams that run the wing t wrh east duplin James Kenan !! So it won’t be like that haven’t seen it before now the triple option offense is different it’s a confusing offense it will give u headaches all night with all the misdirection stuff if u never played against it gonna be tough but u can still beat it u need good linebackers and DE if not u won’t stop it I pick tarboro 21-17!!

ES looks slow and small and lost. The potbelly coach is terrible. Someone needs to help him to the stairmaster and not the buffet geez. Terrible example for the kids......

ES looks slow and small and lost. The potbelly coach is terrible. Someone needs to help him to the stairmaster and not the buffet geez. Terrible example for the kids......
they ever play SWO before?

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2021] Shelby (NC) 35, [2021] East Surry (Pilot Mountain, NC) 31

Outside of Rock Hill South Pointe (who is playing for the South Carolina 4A state championship this Saturday) and maybe Crest (just eliminated from the 3A playoffs last Friday) no other offense has scored more than 14 against our first team defense.

Reidsville was putting up 500-600 yards of offense per game and 50+ points.
40 of 42 plays went for 40 yards. The other 2 plays 150 yards. Better get us on a big play or your aren't going anywhere.

I don't see East Surry scoring 31 points.

Outside of Rock Hill South Pointe (who is playing for the South Carolina 4A state championship this Saturday) and maybe Crest (just eliminated from the 3A playoffs last Friday) no other offense has scored more than 14 against our first team defense.

Reidsville was putting up 500-600 yards of offense per game and 50+ points.
40 of 42 plays went for 40 yards. The other 2 plays 150 yards. Better get us on a big play or your aren't going anywhere.

I don't see East Surry scoring 31 points.

They can easily win off your penalties. Your team is always infected with more penalties than the viral load of a covid patient. Must be a county thing.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
They can easily win off your penalties. Your team is always infected with more penalties than the viral load of a covid patient. Must be a county thing.

Shelbyville looked like they was coaching themselves out there. Zero coaches disciplining all these penalties. Shelbyville looked undisciplined and terrible. They won't beat wrh playing that backwoods style football.

That's your comeback? You said we have no rushing game and we would lose because of it. Can I get those stats please?

Clown boy do your own research. Get off Chopper747 nuts, I know you Shelbyville boys are kinda weird but damn.......

Still waiting on you to get me those rushing statistics for this past Friday.
They will do good to score 14 points, and they will be blown out. The underlying narrative this week, “East Surry is smart and disciplined, won’t beat themselves”. “Shelby is more athletic, but commits a lot of penalties, undisciplined”. A blowout is imminent, hating lurkers will stop listening and following by mid 3rd quarter.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT