ADVERTISEMENT

East Rowan @ South Point

Well I for one am concerned about this game for one reason and that's the consistency that SP has displayed all season. The Concord game was the only game all season with the Shelby game being ok that they played as a team all game. If they have reached that point than we'll give those chargers hell in a couple of weeks and if not we'll get embarrassed. They've had the talent all year to play good ball they just hadn't put it all together.

Originally posted by seadog28:

Originally posted by Frinitehero:
It has been up and down too, and yes they played a triple option team last night

It is safe to say, ER is going to see how a real triple is run Friday night. Speed, speed, speed.
Seadog it so good to you excited again.Best of luck this Friday night.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by Frinitehero:
It has been up and down too, and yes they played a triple option team last night

It is safe to say, ER is going to see how a real triple is run Friday night. Speed, speed, speed.
Seadog it so good to you excited again.Best of luck this Friday night.

Thx, bro. I'm always excited about the mighty Red Raiders. Some times you have to be quiet to surprise the exhalers. Go Lions!!!

who cares? winner of this game gets the pleasure of a having their teeth kicked in the following Friday

trendkill99. when we win friday. we are coming for those crest crampers. yall dont want to see us again. bc it will be a different team then yall seen the first time promise you that. LETS GO BIG RED!!!!

Originally posted by coondog8585:

trendkill99. when we win friday. we are coming for those crest crampers. yall dont want to see us again. bc it will be a different team then yall seen the first time promise you that. LETS GO BIG RED!!!!
no Crest fan, just keeping it 100!

Originally posted by trendkill99:
who cares? winner of this game gets the pleasure of a having their teeth kicked in the following Friday

Another clown? I thought Cleveland County had already met their qouta. Tick, tick, tick.

Oh, my bad, Cleveland County has no quota on clowns.

Originally posted by trendkill99:

Another clown? I thought Cleveland County had already met their qouta. Tick, tick, tick.

Oh, my bad, Cleveland County has no quota on clowns.
laugh.r191677.gif

Thx, bro. I'm always excited about the mighty Red Raiders. Some times you have to be quiet to surprise the exhalers. Go Lions!!!
Now there is a perfect example of an oxymoron.

a quiet Seadog.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I have a feeling that this South Point and East Rowan game will be a lot like the South Point and Erwin shootout back in 2010. Except South Point will come out on top.

South Point- 42
East Rowan-35

East Rowan conference has been exposed as highly overrated with 4 teams losing last week. ER was fortunate to catch an even more highly overrated Freedom in the 1st round and an average West Henderson in the 2nd Round.

With that being said, South Point is nowhere near as good as years past but East Rowan does not have the defense necessary to stop the Red Bone. The only chance ER has is if SP turns the ball over 2-3 times and ER scores every time they have the ball.

Looking forward to Midget Thumping at the Ranch part Deux.

Nobody and I mean nobody in GQ thinks for one minute East Rowan's defense is gonna shut down the redbone, thats not our game and we dont chestbump our way into believing that. We do however think we have a chance to outscore it. As far as the overrated part, I havent heard anybody pumping up the SPC or any other conference for that matter, the only ones i hear pumping up are the Boiling Springs 85 Bears

How many yards have you thrown for or how many receiving yards do you have or did you have when you played? To put up the numbers they have with this team is one remarkable feat! East will play their game and see what happens. All you SP, fans just keep looking toward a game with Crest and get the players to do the same and you will be driving over to Crest to watch East and Crest play!

Originally posted by Mustanglifer:
How many yards have you thrown for or how many receiving yards do you have or did you have when you played? To put up the numbers they have with this team is one remarkable feat! East will play their game and see what happens. All you SP, fans just keep looking toward a game with Crest and get the players to do the same and you will be driving over to Crest to watch East and Crest play!
Gawd, I hope so.

Originally posted by Mustanglifer:
Mustanglifer,

Since this is your first post, I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you may or may not know who are the South Point fans and who are the regulars from other schools. Nor may you know the particular dynamics of this board. Until last year, Crest and South Point were conference foes with their game the last one of the season and usually determined the conference championship. Our banter would start in April - well before football season started. Now the game is a non-conference game and played the first week of the season. Crest won this year's regular season match-up, the first time in 8 years. As for looking toward a game with Crest - the fans have that option, especially since it is a true love/late relationship between our fan bases. Glad to see some ER fans on these boards but you need to learn who is who, especially those who love to stir the crap pot.

No one from South Point is overlooking you. As I stated in an earlier post, the East Rowan passing offense does pose a challenge for the Raider defense - we suck against the pass. We do think that our offense may be able to exploit your defense. Knowing that Crest or Forestview (who beat us by 3 for their 2 win against us in 16 years) awaits in the 4th round could be an incentive to our players to play all 4 quarters and tighten up their defense, both in tackling and against the pass. However, we have been in this position before - the previously referenced 2010 game against Erwin. Erwin came in with a great QB who could throw and run and he passed on us all evening. Early turnovers by SP allowed Erwin to get a good lead. However, their run D wasn't worth a cow pattie and we chewed it up. Game went into OT. We lost by 1. The next week Crest did to Erwin what we failed to do. They are much better on pass D than SP.

This post was edited on 11/24 3:43 PM by sasha_nc

Exactly, I think this game may come down to who can make the best adjustments, And who can do some things there not use to doing

We have not been able to shut down the run all year so I highly doubt we will be able to do so Friday night. Our defensive scheme is crap for the athletes we have. Our only hope is to get them to punt 3 or 4 times and score when they do. But, that has been our deal all year so this is nothing new. Good luck to both teams and a safe game to all the athletes.

Nobody is sleeping on east rowan. This Raider team is on a mission to prove the haters wrong and some of there fans. Seadog and me couple other fans have stuck with them all year no matter win or lose. That been said. LET'S GO RED RAIDERS!!!!

You are a true fan Coondog. That is for sure. You and Seadog have pulled the team thru the season. Hopefully your boys will live to fight another Friday. East Rowan will not be laying down, its week three. They deserve to be here as well.

Whoever exploits the others weakness the most will win this game. I look for ball control from the Red Raiders in a game that is close early and we pull away late. Red Raiders 42-28 in this one!

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
East Rowan conference has been exposed as highly overrated with 4 teams losing last week. ER was fortunate to catch an even more highly overrated Freedom in the 1st round and an average West Henderson in the 2nd Round.

With that being said, South Point is nowhere near as good as years past but East Rowan does not have the defense necessary to stop the Red Bone. The only chance ER has is if SP turns the ball over 2-3 times and ER scores every time they have the ball.

Looking forward to Midget Thumping at the Ranch part Deux.
Surprisingly accurate post from a *Crest fan. I agree with this. Conference W/L playoff records aren't 100% telling, as some matchups are just tougher (or not as tough) than others for that conference. But, it has to be acknowledged. Nobody is looking past the ER team. SP isn't as good as previous years.....but they are good enough this year which is all that matters. If you will harken back to posts in Aug/Sept I believed the front lines were solid and not the major issue. Even during a couple of switches on either side- the reason we've been able to get better and gain steam is because the backs have gotten better from where they started from.

That doesn't mean I think we have a chance vs. *Crest. If SP wins this Friday, and then goes onto play *Crest, I think it'll be closer, but I'm pretty sure we will fall in that game. Playoffs are all about matchups, and we've been fortunate in our bracket/matchups this year so I'm grateful to the NCHSAA gods. The downside is the prospect of playing *Crest should we win this Friday. Either way, I'm surprised we're in this round, happy to be here- but surprised. I thought Concord had a whole lot more than that. Part of playing good is whether or not your opponent brings the fight or not. Don't know about anyone else but it looked like Concord was ready for basketball season in my opinion. I don't think ER will be that way. I know *Crest isn't. So, hopefully now we will see 2 teams fighting for their lives and some good football on both sides.

PS Concord fans (esp the loud mouths the last two years from that other board)- a series record of 1 - 4 is considered bad. Glad last year's win was the best in school history, because most times those 2 programs meet the Spiders have proven easily mashed.

Originally posted by Crestuff:

They all think they want it
laugh.r191677.gif
Yeah, we all want to see our team have a crack at the big game. Just means that we have to go through Crest and their blowhard fans. We know you want it too, especially since you've been stymied in your last 3 attempts. If you want to get there again, you have to put up with us (FV, and SP or ER) because we aren't going to lie down and give it to you. I know that you Crusty Nags find it galling that the Gods of the Football Universe have to play us worthless peons, but deal with it.

Funny thing is South Point and Crest are in the same boat. Great playoff runs but short on rings.

Crest is a bit better though. Yout cant win titles running the triple option...maybe in 2A(and rarely), but nothing above that.

Originally posted by Chopper747:
Funny thing is South Point and Crest are in the same boat. Great playoff runs but short on rings.

Crest is a bit better though. Yout cant win titles running the triple option...maybe in 2A(and rarely), but nothing above that.
That's the dumbest post I have ever read.

Originally posted by Chopper747:

Tell that to our 2003 (3A - same year we beat 3AA Crest) and 2009 (3AA) teams. Getting to the big game is hard, but when SP has made it, they have brought back a ring. How many rings does Concord have in the last 15 years - 2 - the same as SP.

I would say the triple option works pretty good against Concord in the playoffs, 4 - 1 as a matter of fact. If that "antiquated offense" is so bad, why can't Concord stop it? (and many others too). As a matter of fact SP is undefeated in title games running that "weak" offense. You can look it up and verify it.

Richmond Senior has won 4A state titles running the triple option. Mainly depends on the skill set of your players and how well you can execute regardless of what offense you run.

Same to you, ramhard. I'm impressed with your ability to make the Crest posters sweat. We deal with them all the time, but you swooped in like a veteran from the get go.

Pedal to the metal, boot to the throat and total focused assassin-like execution, Red Raiders. Time for ER to be proud of their shortened run.

I see our db's having a few picks in this one as well, maybe a pick 6, anyway I wish safe travels to everybody this Friday and Go Big Red!!

This is one of those games that folks drool about. Neither team was expected to be playing at Thanksgiving and bot teams have peaked at the proper time. I look forward to picking the game up on the radio as I will miss yet another wonderful playoff game. We cannot overlook those horses as they have won their games on the road. This team is focused and hopefully we will be as well on both sides of the ball. Someone, please tell Charlie M. to give the score more frequently on the radio.

I'm thankful for Red Raider football at Thanksgiving, being with my family in New Orleans, the Big Red Booster club for their hard work, including feeding the visiting team after every game, and WCGC 1270 being on the internet so I can follow the game.

Go Big Red!

There is nothing and nobody for us to talk about regarding ER. They're like the elusive Yeti.... HH fans on here. Only heard about, never seen. Nothing we can talk about on here. So, *crest gets the attention.

Watched with pride and admiration the mighty Red Raider Thanksgiving day practice yesterday. Our Red Raiders are ready!! Today is about one thing, survive and advance. Time to focus in and strike. Go Raiders!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT