ADVERTISEMENT

East Rowan @ South Point

Awesome win for your Raiders. KTCbroadcasting.com pregame show said they thought South Point could win.

Thx, ICF. Congrats to your Chargers. It's developing as it should be.

I was tickled to see you guys win.

Paved the way for us to return to the championship game.
smokin.r191677.gif

Could we be headed for a South Point/Crest 3A Western Finals?? I know, I know...a week too early to talk about that.

This post was edited on 11/21 10:51 PM by Golden_Lion_007

Way to go South Point!!!! Proud of you guys! (Just wish our defense was as organized as it is now back in week 3.)

Congrats South Point.

Nothing better than seeing the underdog fight their way up the ladder. You guys were supposed to be down for the count weeks ago and ya'll just keep plugging away. Nice job.
wink.r191677.gif

to be able to hold rocky reid and concord to that few points at concord is damn impressive.

And to overcome the homer refs there was even more impressive. The worse I have seen. Even the clock operator was on the take. I sure hope the higher ups review the performance of this crooked crew. Pitiful, all night long.

73, the spotting of the ball tonight was amazing. They consistently missed critical spots by 1-2 yards. Flagrant holding penalties also went uncalled. Clock operator was asleep at the wheel. Play ran at least three times without the clock starting.

Practically every SP spot was set back 1 - 2 yards while nearly every Spider spot was placed correctly or even a little ahead of where it should be. And what was the call early in the game about the SP sidelines? And the "personal foul" call in the middle of the breakaway score in the 1st by Muse. And the clock operator, OMG. Amazing that the refs couldn't even fudge enough to keep the Spiders in the game. What an inept bunch of stripes.

East Rowan will present a certain challenge for South Point - they are predominantly a passing team. (I hate playing passing teams.) The upside is they have struggled against defending the run, our strength. I get the feeling this game could look like the Erwin/SP game from a few years ago.

Congrats to South Point. Sounds like your officials came from the same batch as ours tonight. Good Luck next week.

seadog, sasha, coondog, Ralph

Congrats. You've been here all year, much respect for that. Seriously. Before the rest of them come crawling back, I just wanted to tell you, I hope both our teams can find a way to win next week, to set up the EPIC showdown it would be.

You're are rivals, and we poke fun because of it, but those Raiders are as hard nosed and tough as any bunch we ever play. Good luck.

Thanks, Rulz. I haven't spent as much time on the boards this season between being busy with other things and just not excited about some of our conference opponents. Just not the same with the Chargers being the first game of the season instead of the last - too blasted hot, for one thing but miss the season long trading of barbs that made our game so much fun. The playoffs at least offer some competition and reason to post. We will do our best to get to the West finals but East Rowan may be feeling that 'team of destiny' thing. Make sure that your boys make it.

Thx rulz, we want you bad. Unfinished business bugs us. Let us both take care of our part in making this happen. THE RIVALRY, Crest vs SP!!!

The irony of a crest/sp rematch..... How improbable this seemed 3 months ago.....

Congrats.. Hope to see you next week if we both take care of business

O.K. with 12 games in stats, ER has nearly twice the passing yards as rushing yards and pass attempts and rushes are almost equal. That's interesting. So, you know they're going to pass it.

East Rowan's SMU style helmets are worth 3 points by themselves.

This post was edited on 11/22 8:14 PM by No Dog in the Fight

East Rowan has been up and down all year, ive saw them 4 times this year, twice they looked as good as anybody, the other two times a good YFL team would have played them close. If there on, this game will be very interesting, if there not the red raiders will roll

Originally posted by Frinitehero:
East Rowan has been up and down all year, ive saw them 4 times this year, twice they looked as good as anybody, the other two times a good YFL team would have played them close. If there on, this game will be very interesting, if there not the red raiders will roll
How is ER's run defense? Have they played any triple option teams?

The Mustangs have scored 402 points this year, but given up 391. If we take care of the ball, we should be okay. Our defense can get it done.

Originally posted by Frinitehero:
It has been up and down too, and yes they played a triple option team last night

It is safe to say, ER is going to see how a real triple is run Friday night. Speed, speed, speed.

Oh yes, seen SP in action last Friday, impressive, i think it comes down to how SP will defend the pass, cause I believe SP will get the yards on ER defense, but will they sell out to stop the pass, or play base, and can ER running game take advantage?

I saw East Rowan play once this season. Talent wise they are not spectacular, even the brothers Wyrick. But apparently they can be dangerous. I saw them play early in the season. Defensively they are blitzing all over the place on just about every play out of a 3-3 defense.

The Wyricks look like a couple of very good HS players and expect SP to have to tighten up pass defense. The question is whether we get the team that beat WR 59-14 or the team that lost to South Rowan 28-14. Not sure how that WR game went but ER total yardage was only about 360 and the 1st quarter score was 38-0. Sounds like turnovers and/or return game.

Wyrick is by far the top receiver, but after that there are some others with some decent reception yardage and mulltiple guys have td receptions.

Originally posted by raidertime:
The Wyricks look like a couple of very good HS players and expect SP to have to tighten up pass defense. The question is whether we get the team that beat WR 59-14 or the team that lost to South Rowan 28-14. Not sure how that WR game went but ER total yardage was only about 360 and the 1st quarter score was 38-0. Sounds like turnovers and/or return game.
raidertime................we had 3 snaps over the punter's head for 12 points. 2 safeties and 1st & goal from the 0ne that resulted in a TD and a 2 point conversion. Imagine every type of TO in a game and we had it.
eek.r191677.gif

That West game was 45-0 with 8 min to go in the 2nd qtr, turnovers had there part but almost all of there yardage was achieved before that point, and the running clock started and the dogs were called off, same as Salisbury game, 2 min before half they had a 50 burger, thats what makes this matchup interesting, a grind it out offense vs a home run offense, I honestly feel this game will be a blowout (by SP) or a shootout that goes down to the wire

I just looked at the SP/Concord box score and was impressed that SP rang up 428 yards on the ground against them. Concord had a quality defense. With that said, I think its obvious that East Rowan will not be able to keep up with SP. ER will probably get 2-3 scores but eventually SP will keep pounding and pull away in the 2nd half.

Be sure to check out the Witherspoon Insurance pregame show on KTCBroadcasting.com 5:30 - 7 this Friday. They will cover all the area games with in depth analysis.

Originally posted by frifalcon:
Originally posted by raidertime:
raidertime................we had 3 snaps over the punter's head for 12 points. 2 safeties and 1st & goal from the 0ne that resulted in a TD and a 2 point conversion. Imagine every type of TO in a game and we had it.
eek.r191677.gif
Sounds like the kind of game we had with WR a few years back. WR was good and we couldn't get anything going that night.

I think this should be a good game, but nothing would surprise me. I had no
idea SP would whip Concord like they did! It just goes to show that playoffs
are for a reason. I'm pulling for East Rowan so it won't make our loss look
so bad :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT