ADVERTISEMENT

East Gaston at South Point

SP 21 - EG 13 2nd qtr 4:10 left
Shocker: QB King threw on 3rd and 8 to Nick Muse for a 43-yd TD pass. King has passed more than 5 times in just the first half. Who would have thunk it?

I haven't listened to every play, so who has the most passing yardage so far? I know who has total yards and the score. That would certainly be a major EG ego deflater if SP had more passing yards.

SP definitely doesn't have more passing yards at the half but have thrown the ball more than we or SP fan's themselves expected. The SP QB's legs has been every bit of the thorn in our side as I expected.

Reactions: sasha_nc
EG fans thought they had a chance not this year.

East Gaston plays to one of our glaring weakness - lack of a legitimate pass D. Had Nick Muse not intercepted on the SP 1, we could have been looking at at 21-20 game. That interception seemed to take something out of the Warriors. But up to that point, the game was mainly each offense getting its way.

Is the game over? WCGC streaming got hung in a loop and all I have been hearing is a Chicken King commercial for the last 15 minutes. I like chicken but not that good.

Reactions: KM2ASU
Is the game over? WCGC streaming got hung in a loop and all I have been hearing is a Chicken King commercial for the last 15 minutes. I like chicken but not that good.

No, still about a minute left in the game. East Gaston with the ball but the score is SP 45 - EG13.

South Point has a legitimate pass defense! How would anyone attack the Raiders? On the ground? Our pass defense is above average and smarter than most! Our glaring weakness turned the game around! Have faith and hold your breath.

South Point has a legitimate pass defense! How would anyone attack the Raiders? On the ground? Our pass defense is above average and smarter than most! Our glaring weakness turned the game around! Have faith and hold your breath.

I hope that you are being sarcastic. Granted we had three picks tonight but that is the exception rather than the rule. Even RR73 would have to shake his head at your comment.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. SP and pass defense in the same sentence. We have proven this year already that we can have four defenders completely surrounding a receiver downfield and he can still openly catch the pass and prance on, progress not even slowed down. Our guys look like bowling pins just falling around the receiver. I sure hope that criteria was not even considered in making the decision to postpone the game.

Reactions: redraider73
Congrats to SP. We got out butts beat after that pick we threw down near the goal line early in the 3rd quarter. Like sasha may have said, that took something out of us and we didn't play nearly at the same intensity after that.

Four major issues led to this drubbing:

1. Absolutely the inability to stop SP's QB on the ground.

2. EG's refusal to run or pass north-south instead of east-west.

3. EG lost the field position battle in a landslide.

4. Continuing random confusion on offense getting in a play called from the sidelines. Too many used timeouts or taking delay of game penalties. This is not just tonight, but all season and last season too. There's got to be a better way. How can you take a delay of game before your first offensive play of the first offensive series of the game?

East Gaston plays to one of our glaring weakness - lack of a legitimate pass D. Had Nick Muse not intercepted on the SP 1, we could have been looking at at 21-20 game. That interception seemed to take something out of the Warriors. But up to that point, the game was mainly each offense getting its way.

Sasha, I'm tempted to give 73 crap about not being there and being a wanna be fan, but I'll stay classy. Just got back from Sammy's and will say this. Nick Muse must look like a swinging tire, every QB hits him right in the hole. Nothing against him, but QBs are throwing it right to him. No agility test needed. The boy has great hands ready to accept gifts! Fine with me! Before we get too excited, EG sux.

Magic, why don't you and Ralphie set up a meet and greet for tonight with each other inside that door that's just to the left of the concessions down from the field house exit?
TW thanks for the invite but didn't see this until this morning. Did Ralphy make his grand entrance?

What was up with the insanely disrespectful onsides kicks Warriors?
That was our way of being respectful seadog. To give SP the shortest field possible to score touchdowns to keep our defense off the field. That game plan was thwarted when we were intercepted on the SP 1 yard line causing us to have to sprint 99 yards backwards which in turn wore us down.

It is pretty simple, Mickey is concerned about two things. SP backs tearing the field up as they break away on all of those long runs. Concerned that our LB's and DB's will have trouble hanging on to interceptions in the wet conditions.

Nostradamus?

Reactions: sasha_nc
That was our way of being respectful seadog. To give SP the shortest field possible to score touchdowns to keep our defense off the field. That game plan was thwarted when we were intercepted on the SP 1 yard line causing us to have to sprint 99 yards backwards which in turn wore us down.

Lol TW....your explanation is as good as inexplicable can be.

Reactions: redraider73
Sasha, I'm tempted to give 73 crap about not being there and being a wanna be fan, but I'll stay classy. Just got back from Sammy's and will say this. Nick Muse must look like a swinging tire, every QB hits him right in the hole. Nothing against him, but QBs are throwing it right to him. No agility test needed. The boy has great hands ready to accept gifts! Fine with me! Before we get too excited, EG sux.

First game I missed all year and would not have missed that one except the wussies can't stand to play in the rain and so moved it to Monday night. Commitments from a long time ago had us out of town this Monday. Contrary to popular beliefs by some folks, there is a life other than Red Raider football (especially on nights other than Friday where it has been played since 1969.) So Seadog, Give me a break! ;)

First game I missed all year and would not have missed that one except the wussies can't stand to play in the rain and so moved it to Monday night. Commitments from a long time ago had us out of town this Monday. Contrary to popular beliefs by some folks, there is a life other than Red Raider football (especially on nights other than Friday where it has been played since 1969.) So Seadog, Give me a break! ;)

:) The opening was too tempting! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT