ADVERTISEMENT

East Gaston at South Point

I know y'all East Gaston cats are tired of discussing this, but did Washington get cleared? I understand he was to find out today.

Reactions: coondog8585
Me, too. He has to get 8 practices in before suiting up, but hopefully, the young man gets to play, period.

This should start out as a great game. If EG defense keeps it together the entire duration of the game, I could see an upset here. I know that's not likely, but EG obviously has some weapons, are able to put up points quickly and should not be overlooked by anyone. Wish I could see this one, but I'll be at the KM vs Shelby game. Good Luck to both teams.

Washington is cleared to play for EG but will not play against SP Friday because of lack of practice time. Will be available for next week. SP may have dodged a bullet on this one.

Washington is cleared to play for EG but will not play against SP Friday because of lack of practice time. Will be available for next week. SP may have dodged a bullet on this one.
Maybe...I just wonder what kind of football shape he is in? I saw him last week up close last week, he is pretty ripped (probably about 200 lbs all muscle).

He's been at all of our games. I hope he's been going through normal workouts on his own doings. Would suck to go out there and get injured after all this time of being ineligible.

I'd just like to see if he can play or not. He has never played a legitimate HS football game to this point. Given who is left on EGs schedule....he may only play ONE actual HS defense (if EG can make the second round of playoffs vs. an actual .500 or better team). I'm sure he will help EG though. I guess they're second best in the GACO conference.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Ralph, Why don't you meet us at halftime if your not scared i like to know who you are. I'm been a Raider fan since i could walk and played. My dad played. my cousins played Tim Postell and Brian Pate. You do know alot about Sp football. i think you might have been a coach.​

EG will throw for about 300 yards or so and put up maybe 21, but SP will run for 500 and score 42. SP will get a couple picks to slow down the Warrior passing attack. The EG offense seems capable, but the defense hasn't proven itself this year. Honestly I'm glad to see EG be much improved this year, the rivalry gets boring when it's one sided!

SP has seen some amazingly tough competition this year. The offense has had it's moments but lacked the consistency of previous years. It will be interesting to see how the offense develops as the year progresses. Believe that we will have Davis back for the first time this year and that will be big for the D Line. Should also have most of the kids who were out during the West Charlotte game. Believe Washam is still a couple of weeks away, but I am not sure.

I heard shelby likes to poke players in the eyes and kick too that's from a offense linemen that's pretty honest too. I known the kid since he was little.

I heard shelby likes to poke players in the eyes and kick too that's from a offense linemen that's pretty honest too. I known the kid since he was little.

Well then that settles it... Since Coondog knew this kid since he was little, no way in the world could he be wrong... The thug in me says we are sorry....

Sheesh.....

Reactions: Lion Attack
We don't care what SP does....our guys will hit and hit back, we are not thugs, we are more the Redneck type

shelby lion, the kid don't lie and doesn't say bad stuff about any team or anybody but after the Shelby game he was pretty mad about how dirty shelby played.

So Shelby likes to poke out eyes and kick and South Point likes to chop block with their offensive linemen. Don't you guys know that this is illegal and unsportsmanlike? We don't do any of that kind of stuff at East Gaston. Good grief.

Last edited:
You know me LA.... South Shelby born and raised... Ive got Thug written all over my dip stained tee shirt and crocs.... YES SIR!!!! lol....

So Shelby likes to poke out eyes and kick and South Point likes to cut block with their offensive linemen. Don't you guys know that this is illegal and unsportsmanlike? We don't do any of that kind of stuff at East Gaston. Good grief.
We get flagged every now and then for "giving an opponent the business". Come to think of it, it's pretty frequent.

Reactions: sasha_nc
cut blocks aren't illegal. Chop blocks are. Two different things.
You are correct. I misspoke. I stand corrected. I will edit my post to properly represent that the chop blocking that South Point does is illegal.

they don't chop block either. They don't have the ability or numbers that allow themselves to do that, nor do they need to because there are rarely any 300 lb. D1 DTs that they encounter. What you speak of is a cut block, and it is a basic block in football. Over the years EG plays with very bad fundamentals, no doubt partly due to the things NOT learned at the pop warner level. Maybe less recruiting in Stanley and more focus on fundamentals and they will have some guys who know how to take, shed and defeat a cut block along the DL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT