ADVERTISEMENT

East Duplin vs West Stokes 2nd Rd.

You guys will cruise. West Stokes has played a weak schedule, lost to every good team they played until last week. Bunn was overrated too, looking at their schedule as well.

Reactions: 96panther
West will be a big underdog but 2 of their losses were some mistakes late in the games. They have good athletes and probably the best defensive player to play at West in Walker. He set a lot of records.

ED should cruise until they play ND.
Good Luck!
Thanks for having a Red Raider in the stadium last night!
did you stay for the whole game? i saw you post a 41-7 halftime score but we must have played a lot of subs in 2nd half because we didnt score much more.

@cagle89, what did you think of my Panthers? how do they match up with the best in the west? i know you cant really tell a whole lot from one game but what were your intital impressions?

@cagle89, what did you think of my Panthers? how do they match up with the best in the west? i know you cant really tell a whole lot from one game but what were your intital impressions?

I seen a lot of speed!
Defense is pretty good for the Panthers.
The team they were playing wasn't that great tho so it's hard to tell.
The backs on offense are very quick....
ED didn't complete a pass while I was there maybe they did afterward.

If they are just gonna run run run not really pass it may hurt em in the deep playoffs.
I've seen many SP teams that can run run run when it's time to pass they can't and they lose.
To beat a SP team you'll have to pass on them too.
Hopefully they both win and we meet in Chapel Hill!

96 panthers did not display their best last night weather could have been a little but they didn't have the execution and focus that they are capable of St Paul'swas not good . They did however play very chippy. We had very uncharacteristic personal penalties . I really believe this was the biggest problem with the focus. I know some will say that the score says otherwise but it could have been closer to 70. Cagle 89 saw talent but not the team playing at a level we have seen against others . You have said many times we play down sometimes . I think last night st pauls brought us down.

So 96, after dining on all these cupcakes, are you going to be ready for ND?

To be fair, we've done so as well. I believe Ledford is overrated, even with 3A varsity numbers, but outside of them we haven't played anyone since Tabor, Davie and Asheville. That was the beginning of the season and we've feasted on average teams ever since. I hope the boys stay focused and don't get overconfident.

To be fair, we've done so as well. I believe Ledford is overrated, even with 3A varsity numbers, but outside of them we haven't played anyone since Tabor, Davie and Asheville. That was the beginning of the season and we've feasted on average teams ever since. I hope the boys stay focused and don't get overconfident.
You are right, BKNut. Simmons shows ED's SOS at 15 and ours at 31. I have major concerns about how our kids will react when the lights get real bright in the next couple of weeks. Their composure has not been the best the last few weeks, as you noted in your other thread. I'm not sure the teams we have feasted on could even be considered average, and I say that with all respect to some programs that have great histories but are just down right now.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
96 panthers did not display their best last night weather could have been a little but they didn't have the execution and focus that they are capable of St Paul'swas not good . They did however play very chippy. We had very uncharacteristic personal penalties . I really believe this was the biggest problem with the focus. I know some will say that the score says otherwise but it could have been closer to 70. Cagle 89 saw talent but not the team playing at a level we have seen against others . You have said many times we play down sometimes . I think last night st pauls brought us down.
yeah we do "play down" a lot. but the most promising thing about this year is we usually win in a huge blowout anyway. in years past if we played down to inferior competition, it would be a lot closer than it should have been. we will be more than ready when we play the big boys. we proved that in every big game this year.

We didn't! :)
maybe there werent enough to go around. when the time comes our boys will be ready like they have all year. you dont have to worry about that. Coach Holley and company will make sure of that. will our opponent be ready for us???

Reactions: EDPanther99
I was at game and thought ED played pretty well. Running game looked good, defense looked good, not many penalties

I would still be concerned about the pass defense as St Paul did hit a long one for their first score but outside of that I thought tackling was crisp. St Paul did add another against the backups at end of game for final score.

I do agree ED will need to improve on their passing game. Outside of that I thought it was a typical #1vs#16 workmanlike performance.

When the competition is weak, you can still be up 40-50 points in the first half and still “play down”. Games like that are sometimes hard to really tell how good/great you played. We’ve had that same problem. Blowouts never really help the winning team in my opinion (outside of resting players/avoiding injuries). You guys are obviously one of the best teams in 2AA this year, good luck to you.

When the competition is weak, you can still be up 40-50 points in the first half and still “play down”. Games like that are sometimes hard to really tell how good/great you played. We’ve had that same problem. Blowouts never really help the winning team in my opinion (outside of resting players/avoiding injuries). You guys are obviously one of the best teams in 2AA this year, good luck to you.
like i said, in every big game this year we were ready to go! we will be ready every game of the playoffs! you can bank on that! and oh yeah, thanks!!!

Everyone wants to see 70-0... and if it doesn't happen everyone asks whats wrong.

Those are 17 and 18 year old kids. Not pro athletes. They have tests/school/their girlfriend/practice/parents/coach/college/and everything else you could possibly stack on their mind.

Sometimes they don't play their best. That's okay. Those other kids play hard too.

Everyone wants to see 70-0... and if it doesn't happen everyone asks whats wrong.

Those are 17 and 18 year old kids. Not pro athletes. They have tests/school/their girlfriend/practice/parents/coach/college/and everything else you could possibly stack on their mind.

Sometimes they don't play their best. That's okay. Those other kids play hard too.

Love what you said a lot of time people lose sight that they are kids

I do not wish to see 70 0 and I understand that they are kids . It's just a football game.
The sp fan did not see the best ed team .
And was very respectable with his opinion I was merely offering my opion as to why the sp fan was not as impressed as we are. win or loose the sun comes up tomorrow

all i can say is when ED is on top of their game like we were against Clinton we will be very hard to beat. athleticism and speed all over the field!

Reactions: Friday Night1
question : are all playoff games at 7:30? i couldnt make last week's game.

Make no mistake about those ED Panthers....they will be ready to play in every game they play. Like I said from the time that they beat us. They will be a tough draw for anyone in the state in 2AA. Team is very well coached and kids are legit. Remember folks speed kills and they got plenty of it on both sides of the ball. Allot of athletes. Panthers should make it to Eastern finals and will not be surprised at all if they don't make it to the championship game and bring Duplin county a championship.

Reactions: 96panther
Make no mistake about those ED Panthers....they will be ready to play in every game they play. Like I said from the time that they beat us. They will be a tough draw for anyone in the state in 2AA. Team is very well coached and kids are legit. Remember folks speed kills and they got plenty of it on both sides of the ball. Allot of athletes. Panthers should make it to Eastern finals and will not be surprised at all if they don't make it to the championship game and bring Duplin county a championship.
thx for the kind words Footballoholic32! good luck to the Cards!

They'll get their first test next week when randleman rolls into beulaville

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT