ADVERTISEMENT

East Duplin vs. Reidsville story

ok story altho mostly from a ED perspective which is fine...you are the area newspaper....but how can you state that Reidsville hasn't faced any opposition when during their current 13 game win streak they defeated Eastern Alamance (ranked in top 5 of 3A at the time)...not to mention in playoffs in consecutive weeks beating Chase, Maiden and Burns all 1 loss teams and all ranked in top 5 of 2A when they fell to Reidsville...In fact Burns was #1 before losing to Reidsville in regional finals last week....I guess you are stating that Reidsville won those games by a pretty good margin...But it came across that Reidsville had not faced the wringer like East Duplin had....I disagree, and state that both teams overcame tough foes............................both teams are 14-1 and deserve to be playing in the title game..........................

ok story altho mostly from a ED perspective which is fine...you are the area newspaper....but how can you state that Reidsville hasn't faced any opposition when during their current 13 game win streak they defeated Eastern Alamance (ranked in top 5 of 3A at the time)...not to mention in playoffs in consecutive weeks beating Chase, Maiden and Burns all 1 loss teams and all ranked in top 5 of 2A when they fell to Reidsville...In fact Burns was #1 before losing to Reidsville in regional finals last week....I guess you are stating that Reidsville won those games by a pretty good margin...But it came across that Reidsville had not faced the wringer like East Duplin had....I disagree, and state that both teams overcame tough foes............................both teams are 14-1 and deserve to be playing in the title game..........................
Could that not be taken as, Reidsville was just so dominant, and didn’t face any real resistance, as opposed to questioning the quality of your competition? That was my interpretation of it.

Last edited:
I am confused my friend. Where in the story do I say anything negative at all about Reidsville? But yes, I write from East Duplin's perspective since it is my local team.

Reactions: Friday Night1
I am confused my friend. Where in the story do I say anything negative at all about Reidsville? But yes, I write from East Duplin's perspective since it is my local team.
He stated exactly what you said. That Reidsville had not faced any opposition. He never said anything about the article being negative. I've read it 3 times to be sure. Wes is a great guy.

Reactions: dogs79
All I said is that East Duplin played a tough schedule and I get the players to talk about that and how it makes them battle-tested. It does not imply that Reidsville didn't. Good luck to the Rams on Saturday for a well-played game and safe travels.

Reactions: EDPanther99
Sheesh! Talking about living rent free in someone’s head. You, too! A couple of you guys have given that stuff more attention than the actual game this week.
I just wanted him to become as enlightened as the rest of us. Champions knowledge should be spread throughout the world. Lol

Reactions: Lion Attack
Slick reporter said : " Reidsville has 19 NCHSAA Championships but claims 22 " Lol !................Shot fired ?Hummmm 🤔🤨🤣🤣🤣
🫢😱
NCHSAA says there were no state champions some years because Eastern champ didn't play Western Champ ... that was the situation for Reidsville in 1963, 1969 and 1970, thus the 22 minus 3 = 19.

Maybe NCHSAA will now say that there were no state champs in the split division era because AA champ didn't play A champ.

I've always said that if you win the final game the governing body allows, you are state champs.

Last edited:
He stated exactly what you said. That Reidsville had not faced any opposition. He never said anything about the article being negative. I've read it 3 times to be sure. Wes is a great guy.
I read the article. He did not say that they did not face any opposition. He said they have not faced much opposition. I think they way he is using opposition in the article is in reference to how close the Reidsville games have been and not in reference to who they have played.

I seen.the article and just looked at Reidsvilles schedule and I agree that Reidsville has faced some tough teams in the later rounds this year... I just expect it to be a good game and expect the Rams to come out throwing the ball

I knew that already TGT, but thanks anyway
NCHSAA says there were no state champions some years because Eastern champ didn't play Western Champ ... that was the situation for Reidsville in 1963, 1969 and 1970, thus the 22 minus 3 = 19.

Maybe NCHSAA will now say that there were no state champs in the split division era because AA champ didn't play A champ.

I've always said that if you win the final game the governing body allows, you are state champs.

Sheesh! Talking about living rent free in someone’s head. You, too! A couple of you guys have given that stuff more attention than the actual game this week.

I done read so much about that mess I'm starting to hate both Reidsville and Shelby equally. I'm gone start pulling for pasquotonk, soon as I figure out how to spell it and where it is.

All I said is that East Duplin played a tough schedule and I get the players to talk about that and how it makes them battle-tested. It does not imply that Reidsville didn't. Good luck to the Rams on Saturday for a well-played game and safe travels.
Simmons rates the Reidsville schedule as the 8th toughest of the 101 2A teams. East Duplin schedule rated #17 toughest.

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747 and TGT
I done read so much about that mess I'm starting to hate both Reidsville and Shelby equally. I'm gone start pulling for pasquotonk, soon as I figure out how to spell it and where it is.
seinfeld-cigar.gif

Reactions: whitedynamite
I read the article. He did not say that they did not face any opposition. He said they have not faced much opposition. I think they way he is using opposition in the article is in reference to how close the Reidsville games have been and not in reference to who they have played.
I understand all that. But Rambbq didn't say anything about the article being negative either which is all I commented on. I understood what Chris meant. Read my first post cause I commented on the lack of opposition.

Two main points.

At least I can read his preview for free. I can’t read the Greensboro preview.

This guy will never mention if reidsville or Shelby ever won a game again.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville has contended with some of the state's best skill athletes during the playoffs and East Duplin's senior running back Avery Gaby is near the top of the list. He has run for more than 2000 yards this season while scoring 40 TDs. Not only he tough to bring down, he has excellent speed. Check out the track & field results from spring 2022: Gaby won the state 100-meter hurdles in 15.02 seconds.

Last edited:
Simmons rates the Reidsville schedule as the 8th toughest of the 101 2A teams. East Duplin schedule rated #17 toughest.
Giving the media a hard time with stats
Reidsville has contended with some of the state's best skill athletes during the playoffs and East Duplin's senior running back Avery Gaby is near the top of the list. He has run for more than 2000 yards this season while scoring 40 TDs. Not only he tough to bring down, he has excellent speed. Check out the track & field results from spring 2022: Gaby won the state 100-meter hurdles in 15.02 seconds.
I thought y'all said one man teams were easy

• Haha
Gaby is the real deal. I think he would look great in NC State Red!!!

Hearing E Duplin may have a couple of guys playing hurt. Hope everyone for both teams are healthy - no flu or otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT