ADVERTISEMENT

East Burke & Draughn

You guys act like these kids get to choose were they want to go. Its the parents decision if they have the option on where the child goes, I would start my bitching there. The problem with west has been administration issues and has been for some time. Chip English as good as he was still had issues with the way the kids handled themselves on the field. I am with ya on the middle school deal go to William Lenoir then go to hibriten , gamewell go to west. Should be that easy

Reactions: HHSgoodFAN
I personally believe you should be able to attend/play wherever you choose. Obviously parents have made provision for their children to get to the school. It doesn't burden the school district, it's not like a bus is going from one end of the county to another to pick up a player. If grades, behavior and transportation is there who really cares??

Reactions: BL1
Hey pats lets get a freedom, hibriten game going again!! miss those ass whoopins

I don’t see how Hibriten and West debates and discussions end up on a Burke county thread especially on the losing end of Burke county. It’s cool, Freedom of speech and the issue does relate to it some in that the good players tend to roll over to Freedom from the Valdese/Drexel area.

I can relate I guess with what Sally is saying in that when we look at history of Caldwell Co football, West had some killer athletes, killer speed, took the black n blue games by storm and would embarrass even some decent South Caldwell teams then over the course of time we start seeing Hibriten players looking like and playing like some kids of the old West Caldwell of the Biggerstaff years some of the 90s, and a little of early 2000s, cause people that know the old Hibriten how a lot of times they couldn’t buy a win and having a 3 to 4 win season was a moral victory. Earl Hood was a heck of a ball player for West, just one of the few I remember and makes ya wonder if he was born much much later, same house/parents etc if he would be in a Hibriten uniform LOL.

I don’t see how Hibriten and West debates and discussions end up on a Burke county thread especially on the losing end of Burke county. It’s cool, Freedom of speech and the issue does relate to it some in that the good players tend to roll over to Freedom from the Valdese/Drexel area.

I can relate I guess with what Sally is saying in that when we look at history of Caldwell Co football, West had some killer athletes, killer speed, took the black n blue games by storm and would embarrass even some decent South Caldwell teams then over the course of time we start seeing Hibriten players looking like and playing like some kids of the old West Caldwell of the Biggerstaff years some of the 90s, and a little of early 2000s, cause people that know the old Hibriten how a lot of times they couldn’t buy a win and having a 3 to 4 win season was a moral victory. Earl Hood was a heck of a ball player for West, just one of the few I remember and makes ya wonder if he was born much much later, same house/parents etc if he would be in a Hibriten uniform LOL.

If his house was in Hibriten district I’m sure he would of attended HHS.

It's hard to win games when so many athletes can jump ship and go to Patton or Freedom. From what I understand all four schools are open and all parents have to do is pay the transfer fees. So a kid can live in George Hildebrand and go to school in Morganton and play ball. It's the same thing that always used to happen in Caldwell County between West and Hibriten battling it out for basketball and football players. If these two counties want community schools, then make kids go to the schools where they live. The problem I see for both EB and Draughn is that the good 'ol boy system has run its course. Both seem to desperately need a shake-up from the top down.

The guy that started the thread brought it up.

Reactions: HHSgoodFAN
OHH how history changes, and eventually will repeat itself i am sure. These teams come and go, and with hibriten, this to shall pass. Shelby could only win four, reidsville has ups and downs, Independence, butler, its a cycle. Right now its in hibritens favor, looks to be the case for the next couple years where ever the kids live.

People can blame it on the kids going to hibriten all they want how can you blame them. It has to start at the bottom and work it's way up. Gamewell middle is a mess football team couldn't win a game basketball didn't win a game what's next baseball. Somebody in charge has to get it turned around at that level. The coaches at West shouldn't have to teach a kids basic ball skills u learn that at a early age or u should. Another problem is the kids at West don't know who the coach is going to be one year from the next so there's no stability like their is at HHS . Just like basketball this year they waited way to long to fire last year's coach so the kids didn't have any summer workouts and had no preseason at all and people want to blame Beane for the teams slow start, it's not his fault he was put in a bad situation.

Reactions: beamer24
That's easy to say when you are on the side of advantage. Leave west alone for 4 years and things will change. The dumpster fire you say there is a reason for that
Ok whats your excuse about last years team? Huh! Dont give me that line crap! Leave them alone, BS! Streak will be in the 20s then some. Tell WC to do something about there team making it better! Dont come on NC Preps crying. Nobodys gonna listen to this s%€!$.

People can blame it on the kids going to hibriten all they want how can you blame them. It has to start at the bottom and work it's way up. Gamewell middle is a mess football team couldn't win a game basketball didn't win a game what's next baseball. Somebody in charge has to get it turned around at that level. The coaches at West shouldn't have to teach a kids basic ball skills u learn that at a early age or u should. Another problem is the kids at West don't know who the coach is going to be one year from the next so there's no stability like their is at HHS . Just like basketball this year they waited way to long to fire last year's coach so the kids didn't have any summer workouts and had no preseason at all and people want to blame Beane for the teams slow start, it's not his fault he was put in a bad situation.

The mess you are referring to at GMS, you sugar coated it lol. Its terrible. Especially the football program. There needs to be huge changes to that coaching staff.
The HC at WC needs to take control of that position. Your right, gotta start before HS. Its not gonna get any better for WC imo. In a couple more years its gonna bottom out, bad!

Reactions: icardcav3
Time will tell. Changes are in the works. We will revisit this post in the future big dawg.

Ok whats your excuse about last years team? Huh! Dont give me that line crap! Leave them alone, BS! Streak will be in the 20s then some. Tell WC to do something about there team making it better! Dont come on NC Preps crying. Nobodys gonna listen to this s%€!$.
Last year's team was missing some players from tc. Streak will end soon. We are doing something now. Time will show. Not crying. Just stating facts. Not opinions. Leave players from West Caldwells district alone. You don't have to listen big dawg. Log off. I'm not going to read things not true and let people read lies.

And big dawg listen to this. Caldwell county has a 365 rule. If player leaves one school in county and goes to another school in county they have to sit out 365 correct? Well West Caldwell had a football player leave October 11. By rule they cannot start participating until October 12. Well the powers to be just waived this students 365. Bull crap. This is what I'm angry about. Either change the rule and just have open enrollment and let schools recruit or have some courage to stand up to parents and uphold the rule. Just makes no sense at all. Ridiculous. Why have rules if not enforced. Very weak. Has the 365 rule ever been enforced by a higher up or is this rule the Holy Grail?

Does anybody remember Shy Felder? What about Derek Hood or Kendal Jones or Stoney Polite. Timmy Harper there is multiple others I endured the 80’s when every football player in Caldwell Cty went to West! Do you really think we’re taking WC players? Now name all these players we’re taking!

I wasn't around then. That was wrong too. I'm talking about today. It's not right anywhere for anybody. This is what I want. Go to the school that you are districted for. If you leave your home school uphold the 365 ru!e. Be fair all the way around.

Hibritens faculty and coaches aren't taking anyone no. Parents are taking kids. I just want kids going to their home school. If not uphold 365. Or get rid of rule.

So you’ve only been around 1.5 yrs? In that span just how many players did HHS kidnap? Felder was at HHS got mad during b-ball quit mid season went to WCHS played football got trounced went back to HHS to graduate with friends

Reactions: beamer24
Yep. Go through your roster right now. Jv and varsity. See where kids live. Do some research. I'm not mentioning kids named on here.
Answer this question if you don't mind. What do you think of the player leaving West October 11 and having the 365 rule waived by higher ups so he can now play at end of this school year. Really good player. Difference maker. A freshmen. Do you think what higher ups did was right? Should rule be upheld? What's your opinion? Unbiased opinion.

If I'm wrong prove it to me. I'll shut up. The kid leaving West October 11 pissed me off. Quit with 3 games left. By rule he sits out 365. 365 was waived.
Hard to build a program when it's that easy to jump ship with no consequences.

Is he playing now? How can you go through a roster and get addresses? I think rule should be upheld but there is always a way around a rule! Let’s say your house in West district burns someone gives you house in HHS district you have no choice but to move should your kid have to miss a season or would you get waiver? HHS or any other school with a program doesn’t need someone who quits midsession that’s asking for trouble! I know a huge West fan who rants and raves about this that moved into HHS district this summer kid still goes to West???? Pot- Kettle??? They had to move but is that any different than someone just wanting to move

If I'm wrong prove it to me. I'll shut up. The kid leaving West October 11 pissed me off. Quit with 3 games left. By rule he sits out 365. 365 was waived.
Hard to build a program when it's that easy to jump ship with no consequences.
So you aren’t mad at Hibriten but the county school board??

Do you know all circumstances surrounding kid? What if he had to move family split or something! Felder was a huge help for our b-ball team we lost to eventual star champ by 6 that year his presence inside could have been huge in that game. Left HHS went to West next year played both sports left after b-ball went back to HH

I'm not mad at hibriten. Do not know anyone there personally. Upset with higher ups over West kid leaving and 365 rule being waived. West Caldwell has to get a community member on school board. That will help the politic game. Just want every kid in Caldwell county playing in their district. If leave uphold 365. Want same rules for all. Equality everywhere.

Do you know all circumstances surrounding kid? What if he had to move family split or something! Felder was a huge help for our b-ball team we lost to eventual star champ by 6 that year his presence inside could have been huge in that game. Left HHS went to West next year played both sports left after b-ball went back to HH
Kid left West because he was playing ol and his parent said he wanted to p!ay rb. Higher ups waived 365 so kid could realize his dream of playing rb.

Kid left West because he was playing ol and his parent said he wanted to p!ay rb. Higher ups waived 365 so kid could realize his dream of playing rb.
Maybe the parents gave higher ups another reason. Who knows what happens behind closed doors. I just know what parent told coaches.

You really don’t if you weren’t there you really don’t know what was said! I don’t blame you for being upset over your program, but if 1-2 players leaving ruin a program then you have no chance anyway! Kids at all 3 schools do this right or wrong! If West hadn’t benefited from this same issue I would post too but they have do you really shouldn’t post cause they aren’t innocent.

Sound like a Burns Crest thread. How about this who cares where a 16 year old kid goes to high school at? Once again straighten up your youth program keep a coach more than 3 years and it will straighten itself out otherwise folks will borrow addresses to keep from playing for a perennial loser.

Sally really needs a hug yall! I know exactly who the player is shes referring to. Honestly i dont see her point here. You can have him back. Your acting like he's a 5 star athlete, lmao no way no where close. Someones butt hurt. Just came along now and wanna start running her mouth about something really dont even know what your talking about. Typical WC whine a$$. Steak gonna end soon???? Lmao..do you really know what your talking about? Do you really know whats moving up??? Either you really dont, or your just plain stupid! I'll bet you a 100 bucs every year from now for the next 5.

Hey thats just we need, another running back!! That played ol at west? wtf?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT