ADVERTISEMENT

East Burke & Draughn

I really wish hibriten didnt even have to play west. I think hibriten would be better off to loose to shelby in week three than to beat west by 50?? You dont have to rip through the preseason to make a deep run in the playoffs, look at the hhs team that lost the regional finals to west rowan, if i remember correctly they lost to butler?

Did this forum change from EB and Draugnh over to “West Caldwell athletics nappin”? Just wondering LOL

I wish someone from The West Side would explain to me the Shy Felder deal a couple years ago. Or are they gonna continue to only blame HHS for breaking transfer rule!

I don't think they enforce it.
If you move the 365 rule doesn't apply and I do believe you can apply for a waiver. Let's be honest it wouldn't be that hard to use a family members address if you wanted to.
Truth is some kids don't gel with certain coaches, some are led to a different school because of family, some don't want to play for a loser and some may think playing at a better school would help with recruiting.

Regardless winning solves most of those problems.

I know all this just wanted to here their excuse about him changing schools then coming back to graduate

Reactions: beamer24
I don’t think they enforce the rule either. The way I see it- yeah you can be a West fan, an EB fan, Draughn fan etc and get sick and tired of seeing your school lose cause this talent went here, went there and yeah it’s frustrating...but the kid that leaves...he gets scouts, offers, and 3 to 4 years after and sometimes not even that long, that kid is an afterthought. The kid dont even think of the school and has moved on and the fans move on too. Circle of life I guess u could say.

On a different note, you can still play for a below avg school and get notices. Prime example- North Lincoln. 2 wins all season in a conference that’s not exactly conquerers. The running back Clayton Cribb has looks from Army, Navy, Wake Forest. Army kicked butt in the armed forces bowl so it’s not like these are bad football schools that get the leftover pickings. People can excel anywhere and get looks as long as there’s a connection and coaches willing to represent and send game film etc.

In a way it can help if your a running back and getting yards and catches behind a not so good line. Scouts notice that too. That’s what helped Deangelo Williams get in the draft from Memphis. Ran behind a crappy line and overcome adversity. It’s not like Memphis produces a lot of pros.

Reactions: DEER0526
I don’t think they enforce the rule either. The way I see it- yeah you can be a West fan, an EB fan, Draughn fan etc and get sick and tired of seeing your school lose cause this talent went here, went there and yeah it’s frustrating...but the kid that leaves...he gets scouts, offers, and 3 to 4 years after and sometimes not even that long, that kid is an afterthought. The kid dont even think of the school and has moved on and the fans move on too. Circle of life I guess u could say.

On a different note, you can still play for a below avg school and get notices. Prime example- North Lincoln. 2 wins all season in a conference that’s not exactly conquerers. The running back Clayton Cribb has looks from Army, Navy, Wake Forest. Army kicked butt in the armed forces bowl so it’s not like these are bad football schools that get the leftover pickings. People can excel anywhere and get looks as long as there’s a connection and coaches willing to represent and send game film etc.

In a way it can help if your a running back and getting yards and catches behind a not so good line. Scouts notice that too. That’s what helped Deangelo Williams get in the draft from Memphis. Ran behind a crappy line and overcome adversity. It’s not like Memphis produces a lot of pros.

I’m with you on that! My prob with this discussion is West fans always crying about takin there players! THEY had more starters returning this year than almost any school in WNC. 15 or 16, and still had a bad year. Better start blaming someone or somebody else if the program wants to turn around! There is gonna be transfers in every county every year, SUCK it up move on and work to get better. Do you think HHS had a player or 2 transfer when they were 0-100 yep probably so but they kept working til they got ship righted!

Does anybody remember Shy Felder? What about Derek Hood or Kendal Jones or Stoney Polite. Timmy Harper there is multiple others I endured the 80’s when every football player in Caldwell Cty went to West! Do you really think we’re taking WC players? Now name all these players we’re taking!
Shy fielder lived in West district the whole time so why is his name being brought up

I know all this just wanted to here their excuse about him changing schools then coming back to graduate
Shy lived in 8 mile the whole time he attended HHS he did get mad at HHS basketball and transfer to west but they couldn't hold him out at West cause he lived in West district the school came out and confirmed where he was living. And then yes he went back to HHS to graduate nothing was done wrong except for the first 3 years he played at HHS living in West district

The 365 rule isn't upheld a couple years ago HHS had a good pitcher who transferred to south his senior year without moving. I had a cousin a few years ago who lived in West district but he wanted to go play at HHS and that's what he did so to say there's a rule that's upheld is just ridiculous. But like I said before who can blame the kids for wanting to play football at HHS.

Coming from someone who said HHS would struggle this year ! Why would anyone believe what you say! So I’m assuming his brother is illegal also! I’m also assuming all these kids always tell the truth about where they live! So it’s really impossible to uphold any rule, that’s why I say suck it up work hard and get better!

Coming from someone who said HHS would struggle this year ! Why would anyone believe what you say! So I’m assuming his brother is illegal also! I’m also assuming all these kids always tell the truth about where they live! So it’s really impossible to uphold any rule, that’s why I say suck it up work hard and get better!
I could careless about the rule but being that shy lives about 2 miles from me in 8 mile I'm pretty sure I know where he lives i have took him home a few times from West and HHS so believe what u want

Not saying you don’t know just wondering how he could just do whatever
He went to William Lenoir middle which in titles him to go to HHS no one ever checked into it then. Then when he transfer to west they couldn't do anything cause he lived in West district. But like I said the 365 rule is bs. And like I also said I can't blame the kids for going to HHS if west wants the kids to stay do something to want to make them stay. HHS has done a great job building their program from where it was in the 90s

There are a lot of WCHS fans who make to many excuses, sugar coat or plain old whine about losing. If they would join in and support a football coach then just maybe this rivalry could mean something again! When I was in school West dominated but envy once in a while HHS could pull out a win! It was a good rivalry!!

There are a lot of WCHS fans who make to many excuses, sugar coat or plain old whine about losing. If they would join in and support a football coach then just maybe this rivalry could mean something again! When I was in school West dominated but envy once in a while HHS could pull out a win! It was a good rivalry!!
Your right there's not enough support out here at West and it want get better until someone takes control that really cares.

Well the forum is EB and Draughn and somehow it gets completely turned over to WC and Hibriten talent/border issues

Well the forum is EB and Draughn and somehow it gets completely turned over to WC and Hibriten talent/border issues
The guy who started the thread brought up the Hibriten West issue. Just like you have brought it up before. So let's get the thread back on track how does Draughn and East Burke look for 2018?

The guy who started the thread brought up the Hibriten West issue. Just like you have brought it up before. So let's get the thread back on track how does Draughn and East Burke look for 2018?

Well the forums about coaching, we’re the talent goes, and the coaching turnover speaks for itself. When WC beat down EB in the beginning of the season coach from West said they are a young team but we were the better team...just not much better apparently lol. EB may be young but if you look around at the other teams they’re young too so it’s all gonna even out. Don’t think EBs jv team did anything this year. Not sure what Draughn has at all at jv. Being low in numbers prob nothing.

Experts (whoever that might be) that do the whole overlook thing on if schools needed to be built or not said that Draughn didn’t need to be built. Both schools are low in number, Draughn being the fewest. If you ask me - they shoulda built just one more HS in Burke and put it somewere bout a mile or half mile or so out on 18 going toward Shelby past the Sagebrush and Waffle House. That way Freedom and EB coulda had some weight pulled off of them from Drexel, parts of George Hildebran and Salem areas but not sure what the name woulda been or the talent level or the level. Prob big 2A or small 3A

Last edited:
Too add to it, I don’t see EB doing anything in football cause the middle school don’t produce much and hasn’t in years from what I gather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT