ADVERTISEMENT

Early CPC 4A Conference Predictions!!!

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
Last season was a great year for the City of Winston, Forsyth County & the CPC Conference with East Forsyth finally getting over the hump and claiming the 4A State Championship. With teams starting up Spring Ball I figured I would get the conversation started back up. As of right now (subject to change) this is how I see the Conference stacking up as we prepare for Spring Ball.

#1. Reagan
The Raiders are absolutely LOADED on offense. This could be the best offensive team Coach McGee has had since their last CPC Conference Crown. They also have some big time pieces on defense. Their offense will be as Fast as anyone in the State. This could be the year the Raiders get back on top in the Conference.

#2. East Forsyth/West Forsyth
There is no doubt East Forsyth was the best team last year. The question is can they replace all the players they lost to graduation. I have them here because they are the defending champ and they return some weapons on offense.

West Forsyth will have an incredible Oline and one of the best RBs in the area. Their game at East Forsyth will be must see!

#3. Davie County
another team with a ton of fire power on offense. Their QB is HUGE and with Carney at RB they will upset someone in the top and wouldn't be shocked if they finished here

#4. RJ REYNOLDS
I dont know enough on this team to really speak. They do run a tricky offense that will upset someone in the conf this year.

#5. Glenn
Can they replace all the offense they lost last year. Defense will be really good but the Oline is a HUGE question mark.

Before I chimed in on this subject I asked around the city on who everybody had coming back & transfers (of course) In no particular order or ranking yet, but CPC should have another solid season. Until otherwise proven East and West should be the teams to beat again in conference play, as they finished 1-2 in conference last year. I know (Reagan) has the 3 star QB Hollingsworth and RB Moyer but I think graduated both receivers and the entire O-line. Maybe they have some other kids we haven't heard of to make them loaded but not sure.

(East Forsyth) Offense - They have 3-star RB Marshall 1750 yards rushing 20 Td's, WR Crowell Big D-1 offers, QB Lyles 2000 yards passing, RB Smith whose a hard runner. I think they loss the entire O-line but has a young lineman they are high on. Defense - pretty much loss everyone except linebacker #11 who was a monster on D for them. Word around town is East has 5 or 6 transfers coming in on D so they should be right back in contention if this is true.
(West Forsyth) Offense - They will have the most offensive starters returning based on numbers. 9 or 10 starters return including 2-star RB Wilson 1650 yards rushing 16 Td's, QB Ferguson 1600 yards passing 17 Td's, WR's Graham & McMillian, two 3- star tackles and a kid RB Dillard whose a speedy back that tore his ACL in first game or preseason last year. Defense Big man in the middle DT Smith is another 3-star that may cause problems in the run game.
(REAGAN) See above comment. They also have speedy slot #2 , DE Willard and the JV team was real good last year.
(Davie) Offense QB Hampton 1800 yards 11 Td's passing also have RB's Carney & #7 whom both run extremely hard. I think they graduated most of the O-Line. Didn't see them play last year but they normally have solid teams.
(Glenn) Offense heard they have transfer QB Flowers from SW Guilford also have D-1 DE prospect Ritzie and some young talent on the defensive side of the ball.
(Reynolds) I'm hearing the coaching staff has completely turned over with coaches leaving to go with assistant coach to North Forsyth, if so, this may be another down year for the Demons.

Until Ronald Reagan beats EF they should never be picked over us. EF has come back with less in previous years and Reagan had as much with the same result.

Even with some early questions in some areas the issue for Ronald Reagan is we should have those answers by the time they see us.

I see the same result this year as in the past.

I'm putting tougher teams in the conference that didn't belong. Little rust. Davie County could be considered the Grimsley of our conference this year.

They were game for about a half when we (EF) travelled there last season. I understand they played a lot of young kids too.

I expect a EF and WF dogfight based on safe betting but DC and maybe the athleticism Reagan appears to have could unseat either of the Forsyth Co. directional schools who are usually at the top of the conference.

I'm with you veejay. I'm not sure why the feeling is Reagan is tops in the CPC. I know they have a couple of skill guys but loss most of there O-line/D-line and wide-outs. Again as I stated earlier, maybe he knows about transfers coming in or kids from the JV team that will put them over the top. I see East Forsyth (18' conf. champs) and West Forsyth (17' conf. champs) being the teams to beat in conference play again. They finished 1st and 2nd last year, but that's why you play the game. A lot can happen from now until conference play begins... Should be some good football.

I'm with you veejay. I'm not sure why the feeling is Reagan is tops in the CPC. I know they have a couple of skill guys but loss most of there O-line/D-line and wide-outs. Again as I stated earlier, maybe he knows about transfers coming in or kids from the JV team that will put them over the top. I see East Forsyth (18' conf. champs) and West Forsyth (17' conf. champs) being the teams to beat in conference play again. They finished 1st and 2nd last year, but that's why you play the game. A lot can happen from now until conference play begins... Should be some good football.

I agree. I'm EF all the way but I will be honest at this point in their program (Reagan) I believe it's between the ears when they play East.

Like I mentioned there were a couple years where Reagan had better personnel yet somehow we got the W.

It may be closer in personnel this year than we know but we've seen this movie before when everyone is "puttin the cables on Reagan". We'll see.

I hope every team is having a great summer so far. I was able to get out to some 7on7s and after what I saw I'm changing up my "preseason" CPC predictions. This is just based on what I've seen so far. Every team in the CPC has multiple D1 players. This will be one of the toughest conferences in the State.

1. West Forsyth
West Forsyth is absolutely loaded on offense and defense especially on their Lines. Their Oline may be the best in the 336 and their RB is a game changer. The Titans have a new OC and from what I've seen they are way ahead of every other team in this Conference. I think they will be able to run the ball on every team in the CPC. Their QB had looked sharp. I think West is the team to beat everyone else is battling for 2nd after watching them. They have 2 big time power 5 OLineme and will lean on every team in the conference. Their RB may go for 2K yards easily this season. Everyone was saying 2017 was their year and they fell short. I'm saying this 2019 team is ahead of that team by far. It's time for West Forsyth to make a run at an state Championship. If they can't do it with this squad I'm not sure if they will ever do it. Only problem is do they have a passing game that can keep up with Charlotte 4AA teams when they come across a team that can slow their running game down.

2. Reagan
I'm putting them just a bit over East right now but that could change come game 1.
The Reagan offense is loaded with athletes and the Raiders return the best QB in the CPC. Reagan has more speed on offense than any other team and that's not close. You better have an offense that can score because McGee will have that Offense putting up 40+ a game. Moyer is lighting in a bottle. The Reagan Defense will be much improved this year too.

3. East Forsyth
The Eagles are going to be stack on the offensive side this year. They will be right the there with Reagan but I think they lost too much especially defensive secondary and Linebacker. This East team could prove me wrong but I think West is in the position East was in last year. When they play West should win but it will be a 1 score game that could go either way.

4. Davie
They are another loaded team on offense! I think Davie is 1 year away from being a Conference Championship type team. Their QB and RB are 2 of the best in the area. I wouldn't be shocked if they upset an East Forsyth, or Reagan.

5. RJR/Glenn

Glenn will have a defense that can keep them in every game. Will they have an offense that can score. Reynolds maybe alot better than Glenn but I need more time to evaluate them. They lost alot but have been showing alot of promise is 7on7s.

Not trying to change the thread and talk about the Metro conf in a CPC thread but I think Page is going to really struggle with that schedule.

I'm not really trying to change topics either, as the young men are playing 3 CPC teams this year, and had Reagan on the schedule in the recent past.

Anything can happen.. I would rather play a tough schedule and possibly take lumps over winning by 40+ every week against cuppycakes,

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7
I hope every team is having a great summer so far. I was able to get out to some 7on7s and after what I saw I'm changing up my "preseason" CPC predictions. This is just based on what I've seen so far. Every team in the CPC has multiple D1 players. This will be one of the toughest conferences in the State.

1. West Forsyth
West Forsyth is absolutely loaded on offense and defense especially on their Lines. Their Oline may be the best in the 336 and their RB is a game changer. The Titans have a new OC and from what I've seen they are way ahead of every other team in this Conference. I think they will be able to run the ball on every team in the CPC. Their QB had looked sharp. I think West is the team to beat everyone else is battling for 2nd after watching them. They have 2 big time power 5 OLineme and will lean on every team in the conference. Their RB may go for 2K yards easily this season. Everyone was saying 2017 was their year and they fell short. I'm saying this 2019 team is ahead of that team by far. It's time for West Forsyth to make a run at an state Championship. If they can't do it with this squad I'm not sure if they will ever do it. Only problem is do they have a passing game that can keep up with Charlotte 4AA teams when they come across a team that can slow their running game down.

2. Reagan
I'm putting them just a bit over East right now but that could change come game 1.
The Reagan offense is loaded with athletes and the Raiders return the best QB in the CPC. Reagan has more speed on offense than any other team and that's not close. You better have an offense that can score because McGee will have that Offense putting up 40+ a game. Moyer is lighting in a bottle. The Reagan Defense will be much improved this year too.

3. East Forsyth
The Eagles are going to be stack on the offensive side this year. They will be right the there with Reagan but I think they lost too much especially defensive secondary and Linebacker. This East team could prove me wrong but I think West is in the position East was in last year. When they play West should win but it will be a 1 score game that could go either way.

4. Davie
They are another loaded team on offense! I think Davie is 1 year away from being a Conference Championship type team. Their QB and RB are 2 of the best in the area. I wouldn't be shocked if they upset an East Forsyth, or Reagan.

5. RJR/Glenn

Glenn will have a defense that can keep them in every game. Will they have an offense that can score. Reynolds maybe alot better than Glenn but I need more time to evaluate them. They lost alot but have been showing alot of promise is 7on7s.

7 on 7 means absolutely nothing. Hard to predict how ahead of schedule an "O" can be with no line play.

Teams such as EF experiment during 7 on 7 like many teams do and use these to establish depth at the skills.

If you're gonna use 7 on 7 as a measuring stick then you gotta at least put us 2nd. We wore Reagan out last week in 7 on 7.

I understand West had 1 maybe 2 QB's transfer. No matter what's good everywhere else this is a QB driven sport right now.

Unless they have a "dude" and they wildcat everyone to death they will have problems with a lack of a signal caller.

7 on 7 has become the over glorified beast of high school football much like AAU basketball did to high school basketball.

It's even trickled down to Pop Warner. If we aren't careful we'll ruin high school football just the same if it isn't already happening.

1. West Forsyth

2. Reagan

3. East Forsyth

4. Davie

5. RJR/Glenn

Last edited:
Reactions: Warhead1
1. East Forsyth(back to back StateChamps)
2. West Forsyth
3. Reagan
4. Davie
5. Glenn
6. RJR

Reactions: Veejay4
How did East look against the scrimmage with Middle Creek? Actually how is East looking in general?

Did well in Raleigh. Did well against Reidsville as well this past Tuesday. Last tune up against Mallard Creek before the season begins next Friday.

EF will be in the running for another title barring injuries. That was one of the biggest keys for us last year we stayed relatively healthy.

Reactions: ForsythCo
1. West Forsyth: most talented team. If they could find a consistent passing game they would be scary.

2. East Forsyth: best coached team, they have the system down pat once kids get to varsity.

3. Reagan: talented, can they get over the hump against East? Time will tell...

4. Davie: disappointing year last year, will they bounce back?

5. Glenn

6. RJR

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
1. West Forsyth: most talented team. If they could find a consistent passing game they would be scary.

2. East Forsyth: best coached team, they have the system down pat once kids get to varsity.

3. Reagan: talented, can they get over the hump against East? Time will tell...

4. Davie: disappointing year last year, will they bounce back?

5. Glenn

6. RJR

West maybe bigger at best but they're NOT more talented. Not u understanding how people keep shoving a team to the 1 spot without a QB.

That Oline size and rumored means nothing without a signal caller. They gotta come to Kville that's all until then. We want the #1 at the end of the season.

Quarterback is important but I've seen teams win conference without one before. More about returning starters than anything... West could win the conference and still get stomped in 4AA.

East could also win, I'm just going off what I've heard and read. Opinion might change later when I see teams in action.

Quarterback is important but I've seen teams win conference without one before. More about returning starters than anything... West could win the conference and still get stomped in 4AA.

East could also win, I'm just going off what I've heard and read. Opinion might change later when I see teams in action.

East looked good to me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT