ADVERTISEMENT

Davie and North Davidson

DC_PRIDE_2010

Aug 23, 2014
Looks to be a battle for what once was a prime time last game of season kinda of game. Don't like the fact it's not anymore but hey everything changes all the time. Hot topic for Friday night is good hotdogs on the menu lol.

Davie comes in I believe with its heads up high. Played the best they have all year friday night with lack of coaching plays and a few errors due to coaching mistakes*** I still thing Davie should be 2-1 in cpc. Anyways there 1-2 in cpc and 3-5 overall and North is 1-1in cpc and 6-1 overall. I believe if the Davie comes out and puts the effort they did this past Friday night then they can walk away 2-2 in cpc coming into the bye week. It want be easy as North is coming off the worst performance of all year for as what I have read and looking to rebound and rebound at home. Mark probably will have his squad working double time this week due to the performance as well. As for Davie it's just trying to salvage the season as the coaches have stated in local papers.

I've stated to others if Davie can beat 2 of the top teams in cpc out the 4 then they can be playoff bound. Well there 0-2 and ND and Tabor is left. So we need the win friday night and get some rest and regroup on the bye week and fire back up and finish the season winning against tabor and parkland to finish 6-5 and 4-2 in cpc and I feel that just might be good for 3rd in cpc. But hey that's my taughts and my looking but I have no control over it only over my taughts..

*** To define my coaching errors from Friday night as I could point out alot but the interception 3 threw I believe calling a time out down in red zone could had saved us. I mean down only 7 just drove the field and the poor boy is tired from running and scrambling the whole offensive was winded call a time let them regroup and kick it up one gear and see what happens. But I don't think the pick would have been thrown due to fact the boy was wore slap out. He wasn't the only one but you gotta think he touches the ball every play and make decisions every play. Keeping him fresh changes alot of outcomes and things. We drove the ball all night on the defense even when west was wore down and even when they were fresh so the statement well we had to keep going bc they were tired don't work bc the simple fact we drove the ball all night on that defensive. Any who I'm ready for Friday just wish I had that head set and head coaching title lol.

First of all, work on your words....you misspelled some of the words and some of the words are completely wrong. Anyway, it seems that you are a diehard Davie County fan and that is great. Support the team as much as you can and that is pretty much all you can do. I remember when I was in high school, we had very inept coach for couple of years and we suffered greatly. In fact, one of our player smashed his hand in order not to play for the that particular coach. We have a new coach following year and that guy came back to become all conference and all Piedmont player for that season. That happened more than 30 years ago and yes even now days, we do have some poor coaches out there. If you really want to coach, enroll into a college or university and get a degree. Just maybe you can come back to your old school and coach!

Last edited:
Lol using cell phone and typing fast mixes words up sorry. Autocorrection doesn't always work plus I have a college degree and english class is over.

The whole thing to this is we have talent out there and the fan base backing or it once was backing the football program and it's just like the fire and hype has left the program. It's hard to watch that happen because of certain reasons.

Yes we run the spread offense but we only have three plays when it comes to basics. Run right, Run left, hb or qb keeps it. Then we have a pass play. May be different routes but ball ends up in 9 hands 90 percent time. All is fine BUT there are other ways and formations out there to build a game plan and start hanging around with these 4a schools and winning cpc titles again.

Football is about how you adjust to the game play by play, min by min, and quarter by quarter. If you don't adjust and your playing a solid team 9 time out of 10 you will lose.

You are correct sir! You cannot be a coach from the stands and think you can somehow become a HS coach. Die hard fans at their best!

First of all, work on your words....you misspelled some of the words and some of the words are completely wrong. Anyway, it seems that you are a diehard Davie County fan and that is great. Support the team as much as you can and that is pretty much all you can do. I remember when I was in high school, we had very indept coach for couple of years and we suffered greatly. In fact, one of our player smashed his hand in order not to play for the that particular coach. We have a new coach following year and that guy came back to become all conference and all Piedmont player for that season. That happened more than 30 years ago and yes even now days, we do have some poor coaches out there. If you really want to coach, enroll into a college or university and get a degree. Just maybe you can come back to your old school and coach!

I'm assuming you meant to type "inept coach" instead of "idept coach"? Regardless it's good advice. :)

Thank you jmystery.....I spell that word incorrectly and I fixed it.

No excuses there and I think many of you guys that are die hard Davie fans will see good football again. Like I said somewhere on the board, all schools usually goes in cycle and maybe it is Davie's time to have down cycle. Of course, good coaches will bring out better football players than mediocre coaches for sure.

Well after that debacle last Friday night maybe the boys will wake up for the Davie rivalry.

I'm so sick and tired of people getting on here and trash talking about the coaching week in a week out. Its ridiculous. Get off your sorry butts and go volunteer. Be a part of the solution if you think there is such a problem. Bellyaching on a message board makes you look pathetic.

When will people wake up and realize that maybe, just maybe the problem is a lack of talent to execute. I mean after all, coaches don't throw interceptions or commit penalties or fumble the ball. These are kids that are trying their best and sometimes their best just isn't enough. We have given participation trophies for too long and now everyone feels that they are entitled to success. Thats not reality.

Agreed. The boys get to prove how much heart they have this week, because nothing says more about your character than being down, having your face rubbed in it, and then having to find the courage to get back up.

Reactions: NDAnnouncer
Cooper Wall is a Wide Receiver for the War Eagles of Davie County HS located in Mocksville, NC. He finished last Friday's game versus West Forsyth High School with 9 catches for 109 yards and one touchdown. Access Radio covered the game from the Davie County sideline. Although Davie County took a tough loss that night, I was amazed by this kid's never say die attitude. Cooper played 100% from whistle to whistle. When times got tough, he still continued to fight the good fight never giving up. I am very excited for this interview, and can't wait to hear what this young man has to say.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/access...davie-high-school-football-team-mocksville-nc

I'm so sick and tired of people getting on here and trash talking about the coaching week in a week out. Its ridiculous. Get off your sorry butts and go volunteer. Be a part of the solution if you think there is such a problem. Bellyaching on a message board makes you look pathetic.

When will people wake up and realize that maybe, just maybe the problem is a lack of talent to execute. I mean after all, coaches don't throw interceptions or commit penalties or fumble the ball. These are kids that are trying their best and sometimes their best just isn't enough. We have given participation trophies for too long and now everyone feels that they are entitled to success. Thats not reality.
I'm sorry that you don't like to read bout the coaches doing an awful job but get over it. I've been told that the opposing coaches don't even game plan for DC anymore just for the simple fact that they ALWAYS run the same stuff . If you go to the games you'd have to see it because every body else sure as hell does. As for the talent level you obviously don't know what you are talking bout it might not be as good as it has been but there is a lot more talent on the field for DC to only have 3 wins and they were to awful competition by the way. So if I know what DC is going to do while I'm sitting in the stands don't you have to think that all the other coaches for the opposing teams know as well. Plain and simple it's time for a complete change.

DC1995 it appears must these guys don't go ball games week in week out like some do. Plus guys that are saying it's players faylt obviously must be close with the coaches..

I'm guessing to that it's players fault we take home 3 time outs all the time and it's the players fault they don't adjust to the defense when the same play gets ran 10 times on us. Oh yeah must be the players fault we take 22 of the 25 play clock to get a call in on both sides of ball. Oh yeah about forgot it's players fault for the play calling..

About forgot must be players fault the whole town and surrending town is talking about how easy Davie is to read since 2012 after Cades 1st year..

Talent= 3 9 5 24 26 8 17 7 33 81 2 52 and etc.. your telling me these kids talent couldn't get you more then 3 wins? Come on man!

DC1995 it appears must these guys don't go ball games week in week out like some do. Plus guys that are saying it's players faylt obviously must be close with the coaches..

I'm guessing to that it's players fault we take home 3 time outs all the time and it's the players fault they don't adjust to the defense when the same play gets ran 10 times on us. Oh yeah must be the players fault we take 22 of the 25 play clock to get a call in on both sides of ball. Oh yeah about forgot it's players fault for the play calling..

About forgot must be players fault the whole town and surrending town is talking about how easy Davie is to read since 2012 after Cades 1st year..

Talent= 3 9 5 24 26 8 17 7 33 81 2 52 and etc.. your telling me these kids talent couldn't get you more then 3 wins? Come on man!

Do you have a high school education? I usually do not judge on grammar but damn!!

I hope to see a different ND team on the field Friday night......the one last week struggled in every phase of the game. A previous post on this chain referenced Davie having too much talent on the field to not do better. That's how it felt vs Reagan last week. Not foolish enough to say we are a better team, but smart enough to know we should have played much better! Too much talent to get 0 offensive points in that match, we couldn't even get an extra point off!! Oh well, back to the present. Good luck Knights, redemption time!!

I hope to see a different ND team on the field Friday night......the one last week struggled in every phase of the game. A previous post on this chain referenced Davie having too much talent on the field to not do better. That's how it felt vs Reagan last week. Not foolish enough to say we are a better team, but smart enough to know we should have played much better! Too much talent to get 0 offensive points in that match, we couldn't even get an extra point off!! Oh well, back to the present. Good luck Knights, redemption time!!
+1

Two things.

First, the "be a part of the solution!!!" Statements I keep seeing are so dumb. Notice ideas of how to do this isn't ever suggested, just " be part of the solution!!!" These guys are going to the games every Friday and paying their hard earned money to support the program. That is being a part of the solution and it's also being a good fan even when your team stinks. Go to a PArkland home game if you wanna see what a poor fanbase looks like. So what do you think they can do? Give the coach tips about the other team ( like they'd listen)? Become a positional coach ( because that would be allowed, especially mid season). Get involved in the players lives ( because somebody who these kids do not know, does not work for the school should clearly do this). The way this works is the coach has the guys he knows or works for the school, people he does not know are encouraged to support the team at the game and their help is appreciated but not needed. It's a public forum and those guys have put themselves in the public eye. They should be prepared to be publicly and constructively criticized in relaxed such as this especially by those who pay money to attend the games.

As for ND, I hope Mark has these boys fired up with something to prove. Would love to see the boys start really strong in the first quarter to make a statement. go knights!!

Last edited:
I'm being selfish....would love to see us (ND) hold Davie to 10 or fewer points and tally at least 4 TDs and 3 FGS (I am biased here too!). I think all ND fans want to see the offense get back on track!

Got to watch practice a few days this week and the coaches definitely seem to have the boy's attention! I will not make any predictions outside of my "wish list" above, did that last week and it really DID NOT WORK!!

Last but not least.....Thank you Lord for this beautiful weather, should be perfect for the game tomorrow night.

I'm being selfish....would love to see us (ND) hold Davie to 10 or fewer points and tally at least 4 TDs and 3 FGS (I am biased here too!). I think all ND fans want to see the offense get back on track!

Got to watch practice a few days this week and the coaches definitely seem to have the boy's attention! I will not make any predictions outside of my "wish list" above, did that last week and it really DID NOT WORK!!

Last but not least.....Thank you Lord for this beautiful weather, should be perfect for the game tomorrow night.
Were you by chance a former kicker for the Knights?

I'm sorry that you don't like to read bout the coaches doing an awful job but get over it. I've been told that the opposing coaches don't even game plan for DC anymore just for the simple fact that they ALWAYS run the same stuff . If you go to the games you'd have to see it because every body else sure as hell does. As for the talent level you obviously don't know what you are talking bout it might not be as good as it has been but there is a lot more talent on the field for DC to only have 3 wins and they were to awful competition by the way. So if I know what DC is going to do while I'm sitting in the stands don't you have to think that all the other coaches for the opposing teams know as well. Plain and simple it's time for a complete change.

DC1995, so it's ok for them to blame the losses on talent, but it's not Ok to attribute them to coaching. Instead of making compelling counter arguments that talent is the root cause or something else, they resort to making insults. That you should apply or volunteer to coach if you don't like the play calling or shut up. They classify your opinions of the coaching as complaining. Then they themselves complain about the complaining, which is absurd, and they do it with insults. No one should be insulted because they have an opinion that disagrees with theirs.

This is a football forum and you have a right to your opinion without the insults. So please keep doing what your doing and ignore the trolls.

All of us who've commented on the coaching situation have pointed out the problems since last season. If Davie were to attempt something completely different tonight versus ND, and still lose by 30 points, I'd be the first to admit I was wrong. That's all we've asked for is that the coaching staff do the same. To acknowledge that changes need to be made and try whatever they possibly can to win. There hasn't been a plan B. Just march out the same thing that didn't work last time. This is probably the worst possible time to face ND, because they're going to be hungry after what happened last week. If Davie comes out with the same tired game plan as usual, this game will be over quickly. However, if they took the approach they did in the first round of the playoffs in 2010, where they implemented a brand new offense against a team that crushed them the week before, it could be an interesting game. Either way, I'm sure fans of both teams will have plenty to talk about tomorrow.

As a coach myself for four years until I joined the military, I can honestly say that as a coach you expect to get lit up by the fans when things go wrong. Heck, even when your team plays well some fans think you do everything wrong. That's just part of the position, even if you get paid very little for it considering the hours you put in or don't get paid at all...

With that said, paying $6 to get into a game doesn't make you an expert all of a sudden. I cannot tell you how annoying it is to go to my nephew's Little League games these days and listen to all these arm-chair QBs and coaches in the stands saying how they would run things and how much they know. Then they invariably prove how little they actually know whenever penalties are called and they don't even know what the call is or why it was made.

Congrats on being a good fan and supporting your school. Keep it up, and hopefully your former glory will return at some point. Just as long as it's not against my team... lol

Reactions: mactazheels
Tell me coaches ain't at fault??

It's said when other team calls timeouts for you.

Looks to me ND watch reagan film

Special teams and penalties were the difference tonight. And I'm not blaming the penalties on the refs.ND came out mad like I figured they would, but Davie never stopped fighting. Proud of the effort, and I liked some of the new looks on offense. There were a few slight changes in there. ND made the plays to win. This one could have been much uglier than it was.

I was on the Davie side tonight, couldn't find a spot on the home side I liked. Great effort by the team, we still have to work out some kinks with the pass defense but overall it was a great game on our part. Pressuring the QB was key, and had a lot to do with the defense's success. They couldn't run on us, except for a few runs by the QB on option.

Gotta clean up the fumbles, but focus was great and War Chicken Stew always tastes great. Dunn is one heck of a kicker, can't wait to see where he goes.

Davie played with great effort as well, they just aren't as good as us this year. 9 is one heck of a player, loved watching him. The place was crowded, as per the ush when it comes to North and Davie.

BlackKnightNut, I can add an ounce of info to your thought (thanks for the kind words) about Christopher Dunn. While I don't know where he will ultimately decide to go, I can tell you at this point there are 7 D-1 schools that have had some form of contact/recruitment at this point, ACC (2), AAC (2), SEC (2) and Big10(1). There is a certain in state university who has made a great impression so far and they happen to have a strong program in his degree of choice. It will be a big off season for him, a lot of college camps and competitions, kickers usually get recruited a little later than other positions. We'll cross that bridge at the right time, just trying to enjoy the ride at this point and not take anything for granted. Hopefully a lot of football left to play this season!!

Reactions: bkknights93
BlackKnightNut, I can add an ounce of info to your thought (thanks for the kind words) about Christopher Dunn. While I don't know where he will ultimately decide to go, I can tell you at this point there are 7 D-1 schools that have had some form of contact/recruitment at this point, ACC (2), AAC (2), SEC (2) and Big10(1). There is a certain in state university who has made a great impression so far and they happen to have a strong program in his degree of choice. It will be a big off season for him, a lot of college camps and competitions, kickers usually get recruited a little later than other positions. We'll cross that bridge at the right time, just trying to enjoy the ride at this point and not take anything for granted. Hopefully a lot of football left to play this season!!

U of Florida is desperate for kickers right now!

What's your thoughts thus far on your boys?

I'd say they've done pretty well. The offense, except for the game against Reagan, has been clicking on all cylinders. The defense is tough against the run but weak against the pass, and we have one of the best kickers in the state who's still just a youngin.

If West beats Reagan we can still finish in a three-way tie for first in the conference, but you never know how it's going to shake out. Overall I expect us to get to the second round of the playoffs, possibly third. Depends on seeding, but I don't think we have the overall defense to make a very deep run in the playoffs this year.

Oak Grove High School is being built soon. Who knows how much longer North Davidson will even be in 4A... we will slip down to 3A and possibly even 2A in 3-4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT