ADVERTISEMENT

2025-2029 NCHSAA Realignment Timeline

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
Late Oct/Early Nov '24: Receive ADM numbers from NCDPI

Date TBA (probably late 1st semester): Draft of initial plan distributed to member schools

Jan 'Jan'25: Deadline for schools to submit concerns or adjustments to initial draft

Jan: Realignment Committee reviews submissions from schools

Jan: Initial in-person appeals heard by Committee (Chapel Hill)

Feb: Revised draft distributed to schools

Late-Feb: Realignment Committee holds final meeting before submitting plan to #NCHSAA Board of Directors

March:NCHSAA Board of Directors call meeting to approve a Realignment Plan; new conferences confirmed with 8-classifications using ADM numbers only.

August: New alignment begins

Note: All appeals will be open to all member schools via live-streaming

Reactions: shutdownD24
are they supposed to be voting to have the realignment every two years
I believe that would be a huge mistake. Granted, there are new schools and some with increased or decreased numbers in a four year period. But comparatively that is very much a minority. Don’t punish the majority because of some outliers.

Reactions: Hon Dines
There were thoughts the NCHSAA would discuss possible realignment every 2 years vs every 4 years. Board was going to have a discussion about it with the new alignment

I’m interested on # of teams per conference bc Ik they want do a similar model to SC n Ik some conferences In SC have 4 teams to 8 teams

I’m also interested what’s the criteria for conferences like travel , geography, former to current conferences models and are there going be more split conferences

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT