ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - State Playoffs Round 2

I have no idea. Sorry about your loss tonight brother, I was really rooting for yall.
Yes sir it was a tough loss but tbh I didn’t think we’d win without our #5 Spencer (rb). He was having an incredible year and we lost him to injury during the FC game. It was a devastating loss for us and we still almost won. Please let me know if your game is on NFHS because I would like to watch it. Hey at least Hertford County is still playing. I get to see that qb of theirs play some more. Go Blue Devils!!

Anyone know if Maiden has a way to cover the field. It never has drained well
They fixed the drainage this summer and it's supposed to be better...I think that had some weight on our decision to wait as well. My dad and I were just talking about a tarp the other day.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Since 1960, Maiden and Mount Pleasant (MTP) have met 4 total times. All 4 times in the playoffs.

Maiden leads the series 3-1, outscoring MTP 127-65 (avg 31-16)
1971 under Tom Brown, Maiden 6-2
1996 under Tom Brown, Maiden 63-21
2016 under Will Byrne, MTP 35-21
2021 under Will Byrne, Maiden 37-7

Maiden and MTP come into their 5th meeting with conflicting styles...Pass vs Run.

Maiden averages scores of 42-20 (+22 Margin) with the 26th hardest 2A SOS according to Simmons - our 1 loss was to 10-1 4A Watauga 23-19

MTP averages scores of 32-16 (+16 Margin) with the 60th hardest 2A SOS according to Simmons - their 3 losses are to 3-7 2A West Stanly 21-20, 10-2 3A NW Cabarrus 24-17, and 10-2 2A Robinson 21-14

I believe we take the same approach as last week. MTP runs more than Polk, passes less, looks big up front. Blue Devils load the box and make them pass. Man coverage may give up a few...but we'll need to get them off their game and get ahead quick, make them pass from behind then adjust our coverage.

My prediction says MTP keeps our offense off the field as much as possible - Maiden by 16, my gut says Maiden's defense steps up tonight and forces MTP into several 3 and outs and prevents long drives - Maiden by 28.

Play violent through the whistle, keep your head on a swivel, and LET THE SMOKE ROOOOLLLLLLL!!!!

Thank you, I will be listening
Heckuva game last night….Goob. I was pulling for the eagles with all I got. Tough! tough loss.

Y’all will be right in the thick of it again….I have no doubts. Congrats to Northeastern on another fine season and conference championship.

Congrats to the WRH Rosebuds as well! That was a great come back road win….tells me alot about those dawgs!

Reactions: Lincolnton
Congrats to Bunker Hill. Kids played hard. That RB is legit. I would love to play BH in dry conditions with our starting WR and RB but overall, we missed two XP’s and a FG and it proved to be enough to lose us the game. We are young and returning just about everyone next year - we will be back. 💪🏼
Just wanted you to know…..I had some crow already in a frying pan….preparing to eat it.😂

Great game last night versus the Bears. So impressed!….the Bears are tough sledding and your boys went toe to toe with them. I’d say all of us in the CVAC will think differently about those Spartans from Davidson from now on. I know I will.

Congrats on a fine season and I’ll be watching for y’all next year! Go get ‘em!😉

Just wanted you to know…..I had some crow already in a frying pan….preparing to eat it.😂

Great game last night versus the Bears. So impressed!….the Bears are tough sledding and your boys went toe to toe with them. I’d say all of us in the CVAC will think differently about those Spartans from Davidson from now on. I know I will.

Congrats on a fine season and I’ll be watching for y’all next year! Go get ‘em!😉
Appreciate it! Missing extra points is still giving me heartburn as we speak.. haha

see you guys next year!

Looks like we are in the thick of the rain right now
AMD, according to The Weather Channel, the chance of rain really goes down here around 8 PM. Sometimes I think they give themselves a little leeway. meaning it might slack up sooner. Maiden is the only high school I know or have heard of with a tarpaulin. The field should be in good shape for the game.

TheMule, if you happen to see this, I'm not prognosticating on the weather. I look at the TWC website a lot.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
AMD, according to The Weather Channel, the chance of rain really goes down here around 8 PM. Sometimes I think they give themselves a little leeway. meaning it might slack up sooner. Maiden is the only high school I know or have heard of with a tarpaulin. The field should be in good shape for the game.

TheMule, if you happen to see this, I'm not prognosticating on the weather. I look at the TWC website a lot.
I guess we're going to start a new trend LOL watch other schools buy tarps for their fields next year 🤣🤣

Appreciate it! Missing extra points is still giving me heartburn as we speak.. haha

see you guys next year!
If you're such a pass dependent football team why wouldn't y'all move y'all's games till Saturday yall have turf so ground wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
I guess we're going to start a new trend LOL watch other schools buy tarps for their fields next year 🤣🤣
A long time ago, think it was 2002, it was time for the semifinals. Pisgah was scheduled to play Bandys and a storm hit this are. There was maybe six inches of snow and sleet during the week and the game was rescheduled for Saturday at Bandys. The sky had cleared off and it was cold. I was thinking the field would be a mess but when I got there the field was in really good shape considering the weather. Seems like a tarpaulin or enough of one to cover parts of the field had been used but not sure. Whomever kept the field had done a good job and fans got to see a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT