ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2021 - Round 4 (11/26) Maiden at East Surry

First down ES. That will be the ball game. Congrats ES!! Excellent football team. Your defense keeps you in the game for sure. It was obvious we missed Culliver.

Reactions: beamer24
Ball on the money to the receiver...he tips it straight back to the safety...INT ES. The kid who dropped the pass in his hands has been dropping the ball all playoffs. Tough tough for the rest of the team.
Really hope the kid you're referring too doesn't read this. He's a kid.

I took my comment down. However, it is football. It will stick with you and really it will probably never go away. Football is a great teacher for preparation for life’s hard lessons. It is also why people like me who don’t have a dog in the fight stick around to follow this thread.

I really hated Maiden lost. They had a tremendous season. If Culliver hadn’t got hurt I believe they could of won. I had Maiden to win by 7 but didn’t happen. Best of luck to Maiden in the future. Also best of luck to East Surry as they move on.

I took my comment down. However, it is football. It will stick with you and really it will probably never go away. Football is a great teacher for preparation for life’s hard lessons. It is also why people like me who don’t have a dog in the fight stick around to follow this thread.
You're absolutely right, he'll always remember that play. And football is absolutely great teacher, especially at the high school level. But he didn't need to be called out like that.

Not a knock on him, everybody on our sideline, and team, and staff, and fans know He's an excellent excellent defensive player .... it's a Knock on the play call. It is what it is. Coaches have to know better when the game is on the line.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Not a knock on him, everybody on our sideline, and team, and staff, and fans know He's an excellent excellent defensive player .... it's a Knock on the play call. It is what it is. Coaches have to know better when the game is on the line.
I love the kid to death, he lives in my neighborhood, we always jaw it up when I see him out. He and all the other players who know me know that I love em and would do anything for em...they also know I'll never baby them and I'll always shoot straight.

I love the kid to death, he lives in my neighborhood, we always jaw it up when I see him out. He and all the other players who know me know that I love em and would do anything for em...they also know I'll never baby them and I'll always shoot straight.
Understand that. Just didn't feel like he needed to be publicly called out like that, like the game and lose was all on him. But I'll grant you I don't know the situation and your relationship with him. Maybe I spoke to quick. It just seemed like that really didn't need to be said to me. Just the part about dropping balls all post-season.. That's all.

Absolutely no disrespect meant towards you.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Understand that. Just didn't feel like he needed to be publicly called out like that, like the game and lose was all on him. But I'll grant you I don't know the situation and your relationship with him. Maybe I spoke to quick. It just seemed like that really didn't need to be said to me. Just the part about dropping balls all post-season.. That's all.

Absolutely no disrespect meant towards you.
In no way was that game all on him. He played lights out. He's been a staple for us for 3 years. Started as a sophomore!! Had a pick 6 at Shelby his sophomore year too...we'll definitely miss him.

Glad to be home! DAAYUUM!!

Great game…East Surry never quit…down 2 scores and we had the ball…the strip fumble return was a game changer! Kept them believing!

Hats off to Lowman…that was excellent!

Well boys…that hurt…but I’m bulletproof!

Y’all’s asses is ours!..next year!😂

Thank you! Blue Devils! That was an extra special season! Felt good to play on Thanksgiving…didn’t it! Tough, tough loss!
Congrats to Coach Byrne and his staff! Let’s do it again!

Go get ‘em! Cards!😉

Last edited:
Glad to be home! DAAYUUM!!

Great game…East Surry never quit…down 2 scores and we had the ball…the strip fumble return was a game changer! Kept them believing!

Hats off to Lownan…that was excellent!

Well boys…that hurt…but I’m bulletproof!

Y’all’s asses is ours!..next year!😂

Thank you! Blue Devils! That was an extra special season! Felt good to play on Thanksgiving…didn’t it! Tough, tough loss!
Congrats to Coach Byrne and his staff! Let’s do it again!

Go get ‘em! Cards!😉
Exactly how I feel Creek...took the words outta my mouth. My nephew ran into one of them East Surry linemen coming out of the bathroom and he heard him say, "don't know how we won this game, we stole from the Devil". Hahaha...great game and hats off to those pilot mountain boys.

Tough loss for the Blue Devils and I know how you feel. At least you didn’t get embarrassed like our Eagles did. We got curb stomped in our own stadium. I was hoping to at least go watch y’all play next Friday night but I guess it isn’t happening. Thanks for everything and I’ll hopefully see you guys next season.

Tough loss for the Blue Devils and I know how you feel. At least you didn’t get embarrassed like our Eagles did. We got curb stomped in our own stadium. I was hoping to at least go watch y’all play next Friday night but I guess it isn’t happening. Thanks for everything and I’ll hopefully see you guys next season.

Go watch Shelby/East Surry. You might enjoy that one

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It’s all good! Goob. Hope to see you as well! We’ll both be back next season…..Strutting and Crowing!!😉

Here’s a refreshing break from….the Shelby thread!😜

Updated Max Preps rankings

1. Shelby
2. East Surry
3. Maiden
4. Reidsville
5. Wallace Rose Hill
6. Salisbury
7. Hendersonville
8. Monroe
9. Princeton
10. East Duplin
11. Northeastern
12. Whiteville
13. Burns
14. St. Paul’s
15. CHASE
16. Bunker Hill
17. West Lincoln
18. Polk county
19. West Craven
20. Forbush

Last edited:
With the players coming back for Maiden and East Surry, I wouldn’t be surprised of a possible rematch in the State Playoffs if everything works out right.
And hopefully we don't have 4 turnovers and nearly 100 yds in penalties this time 🤣. Like I said in another post, none of those computer models accounted for how good East Surry is at making people pay for their mistakes...and let me say from first hand knowledge, they WILL MAKE YOU PAY for every mistake. That is a well coached and opportunistic team and a great group of yungins.

We'll see you again and we owe you one. The Devil always collects his dues!

Last edited:
That would be a great game as would Monroe , both those games went either way . Cardinal fans feel fortunate but also proud of the team to come away with those victories .I myself didn’t see us getting this far in 2a , especially this year , the 19 team definitely but not this year . This card team is not big play explosive , but they are better defensively for sure and young Boaz definitely ahead of his brother as a junior . Lowman has got these kids mentally ready , never saw any arguing or finger pointing when they were down two scores . The strip 6 was the change in that maiden game ,saw the adms numbers and to be almost half the size of those schools sure makes us proud .Props our to the robbinsville crowd , u guys are bad asses to keep fielding those great teams with such low numbers .

He's having surgery today to repair. It was broken in two spots.

He hasn't decided yet...being just a junior I'm sure he's going to see what all other offers he can get. Especially since there are some coaching and QB transfers happening.

If I had to guess I would say Ohio State is a favorite due to the Kevin Wilson connection but I haven't asked Chris yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT