ADVERTISEMENT

Crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Crest faithful would be as hard on a home grown coach as they were Eddins? You know he only ran “5” plays.

I wonder if the Crest faithful would be as hard on a home grown coach as they were Eddins? You know he only ran “5” plays.
The 5 plays wasn't near as bad as the kicking off and giving the ball to the other team on the 40 everytime, or calling a timeout and having to call another before you snap it again because you don't have enough players on the field or to many player on the field. Also don't for get the 150 yards in penalties a game.

Best of luck to Coach Eddins in his future endeavors. Any early names being dropped > Perhaps Matt Beam ???

Reactions: notashelbyfan
I think there are a few names ahead of ol Matty But, I’ve always contended that he was born to coach Crest.

Heck, I wish they’d just talk to him to piss Shelby off. ✌️
I totally agree with you and what fun that would be .....but ole Fisher would probably nip it. Im sure there will not be any shortage of candidates. This has to be one of the more coveted jobs in the state.

I hope Barnes has the itch yo get back to Cleveland county, but I doubt that's happening.
We’re a year to early for that. If it was next year we’d be in good shape. He’s coming back to Cleveland County. I’m pretty positive on that. He just had one more year to get done.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I think there are a few names ahead of ol Matty But, I’ve always contended that he was born to coach Crest.

Heck, I wish they’d just talk to him to piss Shelby off. ✌️
Why would Crest want him? He's won a few games and what four conference championships at Burns..What else has he done? Not much if were being honest....

Crest crowd wont stand for conference championships.... They want titles or the natives get restless and and threaten to put "For sale" signs in the coaches yard... Beam is a good coach yes.... I agree, but he dont want any part of those hayseeds over there... Yall crazy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Why would Crest want him? He's won a few games and what four conference championships at Burns..What else has he done? Not much if were being honest....

Crest crowd wont stand for conference championships.... They want titles or the natives get restless and and threaten to put "For sale" signs in the coaches yard... Beam is a good coach yes.... I agree, but he dont want any part of those hayseeds over there... Yall crazy ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
I don’t think we’re that bad. We do prefer more than 3 plays. Less than 49 penalties a game, And I just suggested putting those signs in his yard, I didn’t think they’d really do it. I really just meant that Beam's attitude was suited for Crest more than anything. We like giving Shelby the one fingered Earl salute too..

Last edited:
Very coveted job.Just think for the next 3 years the AC and Asheville are in 4A, and Weddington and Catholic are 4A also. In 3a a person would have to think Dudley, SP, And Crest would be contenders to represent the West.

Very coveted job.Just think for the next 3 years the AC and Asheville are in 4A, and Weddington and Catholic are 4A also. In 3a a person would have to think Dudley, SP, And Crest would be contenders to represent the West.
Knowing who the principal is and how he regards the football program. I'd be surprised if this wasn't handled very well..

Yes.... Eddins has taken another job..........
Sorry Eddins is choosing to leave. When i first heard this i assumed it was not his choice. I wonder why he chose to leave....more money, the pressue of CC football????

Sorry Eddins is choosing to leave. When i first heard this i assumed it was not his choice. I wonder why he chose to leave....more money, the pressue of CC football????
Bro, there is a lot behind all of this that I wont go into on here. He left - or He had to leave - either way a man needs to work. He's a nice man, did what he could do, This is a hard place for football - pooch kicking, and 3 plays isn't likely doing anyone any favors. Plus, Crest and us butthole fans probably expects a coach to make chicken salad out of chicken poop sometimes.

Anyone could have taken 14 and 15 to the ship. A straight up coach took 10 and 11 to the ship even if he lost. We've never recovered from Barnes leaving, that's just facts. He was different.. I wish he could come back tomorrow, but if not, I say go get someone who played here and can get kids excited. He's out there.

But I'm just a fan.. I don't know much..

Bro, there is a lot behind all of this that I wont go into on here. He left - or He had to leave - either way a man needs to work. He's a nice man, did what he could do, This is a hard place for football - pooch kicking, and 3 plays isn't likely doing anyone any favors. Plus, Crest and us butthole fans probably expects a coach to make chicken salad out of chicken poop sometimes.

Anyone could have taken 14 and 15 to the ship. A straight up coach took 10 and 11 to the ship even if he lost. We've never recovered from Barnes leaving, that's just facts. He was different.. I wish he could come back tomorrow, but if not, I say go get someone who played here and can get kids excited. He's out there.

But I'm just a fan.. I don't know much..
Cleveland County..... the easiest (talent) and hardest (expectations) place to coach in North Carolina.

Cleveland County..... the easiest (talent) and hardest (expectations) place to coach in North Carolina.
Put Richmond County in that class...Fans think U should win it every year, without getting Transfers like some other places....All Homegrown...

• Haha
Need some Crest/Cleveland County Blood back on those sidelines. All the other County schools Head Coaches with
ties to this community and it shows…need to get back to our roots and build the program and fan base back up..the time is near Crest has a good middle school group coming and a great group of rising JRs..

• Haha
Need some Crest/Cleveland County Blood back on those sidelines. All the other County schools Head Coaches with
ties to this community and it shows…need to get back to our roots and build the program and fan base back up..the time is near Crest has a good middle school group coming and a great group of rising JRs..
Coach Barnes has won his conference every year he has been at Sumter but can't get past the third round. He is usually 10-0 but at playoff time he is toast.

Maybe you all will hire based on Xs an Os this time, and not small town country charm like the last 2.

• Haha
Mark Barnes was a Richmond County clone from the 80’s. Coached with his brother Daryl Barnes at Richmond before head coaching jobs at Scotland and Brevard before he went to Crest and won a championship.
Best coach Crest ever had too. Including Stewart. Barnes was an X’s and O’s guru.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Mark Barnes was a Richmond County clone from the 80’s. Coached with his brother Daryl Barnes at Richmond before head coaching jobs at Scotland and Brevard before he went to Crest and won a championship.
You totally missed my point. He let Crest be Crest, Scotland be Scotland, and so on. He didn't try to use the same formula in the same place from what I noticed. He didn't try to make the other places look like RC. That was my point. Took what he had and won with it, had alot of ugly wins but won titles along with the ugly wins.. win is a win just saying.

Best coach Crest ever had too. Including Stewart. Barnes was an X’s and O’s guru.
No one got more out of a team than Barnes.

His teams weren't always better in all 3 aspects of the game but he maximized what they were good at and punished the other team.

He took a team to the state championship game with the safety running out of the wildcat.

Also we were better on special teams with him coaching than we have ever been. He used it as a tool when we were lacking on offense. We destroyed catholic with it the one year up there they had no answer.

Obviously, this job will draw alot of interest across the state. Who are some coaches that you Crest guys want to go after?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT