ADVERTISEMENT

Crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is that time. I’m just gonna say it. I know Gentry just took a job but if they don’t even talk to him then clowns abound.
Remember when that Miami Coach took a job one day then took the Miami job the next…it can happen..

Reactions: crestrulz
You totally missed my point. He let Crest be Crest, Scotland be Scotland, and so on. He didn't try to use the same formula in the same place from what I noticed. He didn't try to make the other places look like RC. That was my point. Took what he had and won with it, had alot of ugly wins but won titles along with the ugly wins.. win is a win just saying.
He NEVER beat the Raiders , that I can remember.....

Crestuff & Crestruzl how many state titles has Barns won before he got to crest and after he left? Talent runs in cycles at a lot of places, is all I’m saying Barns had probably the best defensive coordinator in the state while he was at Crest and he’s gone down south with him too. He’s also a Richmond Raider Mark Author. Barns has also been known to blow of few games that he should had won too. But the talent pool was probably at an all time when Barns was there. So give credit when it’s due not when you getting laid!!!! 😉😉😉

Good old Barnes was my HS coach at NE Guilford before they hit the motherload at Rockingham County. He was a very young 1st/2nd/3rd year coach with his brother Daryl.
They built NE into a school with a foundation (which was set back after they left) but recaptured with Pursley.

Anyway, Barnes’ knew (just like someone said) how to maximize talent and played to the strengths of their guys!! I spoke To him in 2020 but got no indication he wanted to bounce.

Crestuff & Crestruzl how many state titles has Barns won before he got to crest and after he left? Talent runs in cycles at a lot of places, is all I’m saying Barns had probably the best defensive coordinator in the state while he was at Crest and he’s gone down south with him too. He’s also a Richmond Raider Mark Author. Barns has also been known to blow of few games that he should had won too. But the talent pool was probably at an all time when Barns was there. So give credit when it’s due not when you getting laid!!!! 😉😉😉
I appreciate your unsolicited testimonial.

I said anyone could have coached the 14 and 15 teams to a title. Those exact words go back and read.
We also saw him coach two teams to the ship with no QB and a safety running the ball out of the wildcat.

I personally don’t care what he did before he got here. Screw Richmond County. We got cheated down there years ago.

I said what I said. He’s the best coach to walk the sidelines at Crest. That’s my personal opinion. If anyone disagrees. I’m fine with it.

Speaking of getting laid. I hope it happens for you soon. You’re wound up tighter than Dick’s hat band.

I'd love to have Barnes back! He was the G.O.A.T! But if not? Gentry, Radford seems to be doing well, I like what Cogdill is doing at Chase

Top 4 in no order
Barnes
Gentry
Radford
Lloyd
1 wildcard that you find out about after someone is hired 😂

I'd like to see Carlos Wray be the HC (Call the defense) and Bowman be the OC.

Two younger guys with tons of experience and both local products.

Top 4 in no order
Barnes
Gentry
Radford
Lloyd

^^^^^^^ And it won't make any sense

Also, I doubt Lloyd would leave KM. They're a chevette parked in a mansion with a 6 car garage.

Crest is a Corvette parked in what amounts to a dilapidated parking deck in that game Grand Theft Auto.

Pressure makes diamonds out of coal................ Some flourish under it and some just want to eat, drink and be merry where they're at..

^^^^^^^ And it won't make any sense

Also, I doubt Lloyd would leave KM. They're a chevette parked in a mansion with a 6 car garage.

Crest is a Corvette parked in what amounts to a dilapidated parking deck in that game Grand Theft Auto.

Pressure makes diamonds out of coal................ Some flourish under it and some just want to eat, drink and be merry where they're at..

You might be surprised. Lloyd lives in the Crest district. He might be ready to come back home.

I’ve heard a lot of rumblings about the Crest program since the end of the season. Eddins leaving may alleviate some of those concerns. Personally I hate the Eddins is leaving as KM was pretty successful against him😪.

I’ve heard a lot of rumblings about the Crest program since the end of the season. Eddins leaving may alleviate some of those concerns. Personally I hate the Eddins is leaving as KM was pretty successful against him😪.
I forgot about KM. I noticed Shelby started racking up back to back wins against Crest past 5 seasons.

Best coach Crest ever had too. Including Stewart. Barnes was an X’s and O’s guru.
Barnes relied on Tre and Jalin and the wildcat. Same thing he did when he coached the Shrine Bowl team...wildcat. He didn't appear to be an x and o kinda guy. Seemed like a good guy though. I'll miss Eddins...super nice guy.

Barnes relied on Tre and Jalin and the wildcat. Same thing he did when he coached the Shrine Bowl team...wildcat. He didn't appear to be an x and o kinda guy. Seemed like a good guy though. I'll miss Eddins...super nice guy.
I would have gave the ball to Jalin and Tre also😂 that Shrine bowl I also think I would have handed that ball to Todd Gurley also..NC don’t win shrine bowls often

Why did you delete your post Rulz?

Things are more fun at Shelby when Crest is heavily in the state championship conversations too so I am hoping they will be back at it. Especially since my kids are there. I want them to experience that.

I always pull for the county....unless they are playing Shelby....or it's one of my kids sports at Crest.

Why did you delete your post Rulz?

Things are more fun at Shelby when Crest is heavily in the state championship conversations too so I am hoping they will be back at it. Especially since my kids are there. I want them to experience that.

I always pull for the county....unless they are playing Shelby....or it's one of my kids sports at Crest.
I deleted it because it's not worth it.

I'd never pull for Shelby even if my kids were there and they were playing for Shelby. I'd sit on the other side and hope they got the piss beat out of them and then I'd take the belt to them for going to Shelby and not complaining about it, and then I'd off myself for allowing them to go to Shelby and then I'd come back as a ghost and haunt them for playing one minute in any sport for Shelby.

I'd join Isis and the Taliban before I'd pull for Shelby.

I'd eat a fresh turd sandwich on TV without mayonnaise before I'd pull for Shelby.

Last edited:

I'd never pull for Shelby even if my kids were there and they were playing for Shelby. I'd sit on the other side and hope they got the piss beat out of them and then I'd take the belt to them for going to Shelby and not complaining about it, and then I'd off myself for allowing them to go to Shelby and then I'd come back as a ghost and haunt them for playing one minute in any sport for Shelby.

I'd eat a fresh turd sandwich on TV without mayonnaise before I'd pull for Shelby.
😂 So are you saying you wouldn’t pull for Shelby?

Haha....I have a really hot wife (who went to Crest).....so that's how I am ok with it.

I'd love to have Barnes back! He was the G.O.A.T! But if not? Gentry, Radford seems to be doing well, I like what Cogdill is doing at Chase
Randy Birch DC at Gaffeny coming off a ship would be a great hire....not a crest guy but born and raised and still lives in Cleveland County.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I have been waiting on this moment for 3 years. I'm as giddy as a fat kid in a candy store. My self imposed hiatus is over. I swore when I left Hunter huss 3 years ago. I would not attend another game until Eddins was gone. I will be at Sid Bryson in August. I just hope the new coach brings an OC with an imagination.

No clue who the next Coach is at Crest but here are some of the numbers while Barnes was coach.

Brooks 790 passing
Roseboro 850 rushing
Brooks 750 rushing
Moore 1297 rushing

Brooks 792 passing
Brooks 776 rushing
Harbison 1554 rushing
Moore 1456 rushing

Green 2285 passing
Harbison 1843 rushing

I know Brandon Gentry got the Hopewell Job but if I’m crest I’m calling him anyway - He is a Crest Alum and he is overall a good coach - Only issue I have heard from fans is He doesn’t know how to develop players from year to year but Who knows if that 100% accurate but He knows how to win game and if he has Talent he can be dangerous

Reactions: Crestuff
I have been waiting on this moment for 3 years. I'm as giddy as a fat kid in a candy store. My self imposed hiatus is over. I swore when I left Hunter huss 3 years ago. I would not attend another game until Eddins was gone. I will be at Sid Bryson in August. I just hope the new coach brings an OC with an imagination.
I think that was Eddins problem, he didn't bring an OC. He brought in a DC. Hopefully that guy goes with Eddins on the way out :)

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT