ADVERTISEMENT

Crest/Shelby half and half

Steve Roderick is the mastermind behind the raffle. Brilliant idea. I expect that $21,000 to reach $75,000 total pot by halftime of Shelby Crest game.

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
Cash Money GIF

They are not going to bring in the Hendersonville refs are they?

Y’all been talking to Pisgah/Tuscola people on how to do a 50/50? They do 40-50k pots every year for that rivalry.

Crest has just decided to do what P/T has done for several years. Sell tickets way ahead of the game (and even online for P/T) and winner not have to be present to win.

P/T has used their half and half to make a case for being the best rivalry in the state but this is in no way indicative of the crowd that is actually at the game. This is just a lottery. P/T will more than likely lose their claim to the largest half and half in the state as the actual best rivalry in the state of NC takes the "half and half" trophy as well.

This year's Shelby/Crest game may have one of the largest crowds in the state for a game this season.

Crest has just decided to do what P/T has done for several years. Sell tickets way ahead of the game (and even online for P/T) and winner not have to be present to win.

P/T has used their half and half to make a case for being the best rivalry in the state but this is in no way indicative of the crowd that is actually at the game. This is just a lottery. P/T will more than likely lose their claim to the largest half and half in the state as the actual best rivalry in the state of NC takes the "half and half" trophy as well.

This year's Shelby/Crest game may have one of the largest crowds in the state for a game this season.

So I know P/T usually draws 10-13k for their games. Does Shelby/Crest usually draw that much? I’ve got to get out west to catch some of these type atmospheres. Nothing like that here in the east. I know WRH/JK used to draw big crowds. Clinton/ED has as well. But nothing in the 10k+ plus range. It’s usually 4-5k at most if I had to guess. With the stadiums being somewhat smaller, unless its at Clinton, it feels like more people than it actually is.

So I know P/T usually draws 10-13k for their games. Does Shelby/Crest usually draw that much? I’ve got to get out west to catch some of these type atmospheres. Nothing like that here in the east. I know WRH/JK used to draw big crowds. Clinton/ED has as well. But nothing in the 10k+ plus range. It’s usually 4-5k at most if I had to guess. With the stadiums being somewhat smaller, unless its at Clinton, it feels like more people than it actually is.

Yes

And you had to go nationwide to do it. Congrats on the money but we have had those pots at times before the early sell. Now start doing it on a yearly basis. Thank us later

Good luck to Crest, but Pisgah has never sold tickets online. We start selling in-person tickets on the Saturday before the game, and throughout out the week. It builds excitement with the fans, when they know the winning ticket is inside the stadium. Only time the winning ticket was not in the stadium, was the COVID 30% limited capacity game. Last two games at PHS with full capacity, the 50/50 was over $40k. We’re shooting for $50k this year.

Last edited:

Winner doesn’t have to be there. So, essentially, it’s a lottery. That’s a dope concept.

And you had to go nationwide to do it. Congrats on the money but we have had those pots at times before the early sell. Now start doing it on a yearly basis. Thank us later

Never forget, I bleed black and gold. My kids go to Crest and are selling the tickets. I am not exactly sure where they are coming from with the nationwide thing as to my knowledge they are not being sold online. Maybe smashmouth can let us know how that works?!?!

Good luck to Crest, but Pisgah has never sold tickets online. We start selling in-person tickets on the Saturday before the game, and throughout out the week. It builds excitement with the fans, when they know the winning ticket is inside the stadium. Only time the winning ticket was not in the stadium, was the COVID 30% limited capacity game. Last two games at PHS with full capacity, the 50/50 was over $40k. We’re shooting for $50k this year.

I guess Tuscola sold online then? I remember seeing a link and going to it and seeing that a ticket could be purchased online.

$40k total or $80k total with $40k take home?

I guess Tuscola sold online then? I remember seeing a link and going to it and seeing that a ticket could be purchased online.

$40k total or $80k total with $40k take home?
Yes, THS sold online once. Could be wrong, but I don’t think they hit the $40k mark. I know at Pisgah, we had $40k+ gross (twice) without online sales, and the winners took home $20k+.

Last edited:
Please. Y'all don't do anything like this...

They play fantastic football in Cleveland county. The best in the state if you ask me. Why a team like Shelby that wins state championship after state championship doesn't get the support that Pisgah gets is beyond me. Maybe they take it for granted down there. The fact is, the rivalry with Crest isn't bigger than Pisgah/Tuscola because they just don't care about it like we do up here. They never have and they never will. The question is why in the world don't they?!

Help me out Cleveland county folks! Why don't those fantastic teams draw the big crowds that Pisgah/Tuscola get year after year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT