ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Burns

Crestuff

Oct 24, 2009
Will be Crest 1st game of the season! Burns rolls into the game with a 8-6 victory over Forestview! The young QB that has the best game Friday nite will win!!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I agree Qb with best game, Burns Qb showed in jambo with pressure he gets rattled.
Crest Qb has advantage cause he can run it too.
Both Defense will come to play
I'm saying Crest 21-17

Very disappointed in our showing against FV. Maybe FV wins out and that win looks better, but I seriously doubt it. Our run defense was fantastic. Our pass defense was terrible. Way too many mistakes and penalties. If that doesn't change, we will get mauled Friday. But listen, we have a sophomore QB trying to run the show. He will be very good, I firmly believe that. But it will take time. FV had some big ones on the defensive line that caused us problems. I know Crest will be at least, just as good. We're going to take some lumps early on with our tough schedule. Hopefully that will make us better and we should turn things around during conference season. But as far as this game goes, I haven't seen enough from this team that makes me believe we will win this game. I could be completely wrong. And I hope I am.

I agree Qb with best game, Burns Qb showed in jambo with pressure he gets rattled.
Crest Qb has advantage cause he can run it too.
Both Defense will come to play
I'm saying Crest 21-17
Who is the crest qb ? I know Fuller took a bad injury in the Spring

Lots of unknowns in this game. I was a little disappointed with the FV game. The o-line has to do a better job blocking in both running and passing. What’s crest going to be bringing to lawndale? I hear some high hopes for huskey

If Burns plays like they did against Forestview this game won't be close. Crests defense will be just as good if not better than Forestview so offensively Burns has to figure it out quick.

This year's Burns team reminds me of the 09 team that started out 0-5 then rattled of I think 5 straight wins before losing a close conference championship game to Shelby & winning a playoff game. That team was very young as this one is and got exponentially better by the time those sophomores were seniors.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Lots of unknowns in this game. I was a little disappointed with the FV game. The o-line has to do a better job blocking in both running and passing. What’s crest going to be bringing to lawndale? I hear some high hopes for huskey
We really don’t no what Crest is bringing because I don’t think Crest learned a lot from the Newton Conover and Hibriten scrimmages

Will be Crest 1st game of the season! Burns rolls into the game with a 8-6 victory over Forestview! The young QB that has the best game Friday nite will win!!
I think with the spring playoff the young Burns QB created huge expectations for this season. He was spot on that game and was probably running on pure adrenaline with the last minute start. He's going to be great.....We were exposed in area s Friday night which Coach Devine will address. Crest will come in loaded as always. Let's just hope the game can be played . Best of luck to both squads.

After watching the film from Friday I Think both coaches called a hell of a game. FV was physical up front on D and has great size. What hurt our running game in my opinion was missed assignments. LBs came through free and unblocked at times. We rebuilding in positions and even Devine said they have moved kids around. The good thing with that is it’s all coachable mistakes. Norris ankle was not 100% and that didn’t help either. I thought Ben did great staying in the pocket and throwing the ball. He’s young but he’s ahead of his age and learning fast. We definitely have a passing game to go with the run.
On defense I thought we did a great job against the run and basically shut it down. We let receivers get behind us at times and that hurt. Also coachable mistakes. I felt like we should have been up big at half but mistakes hurt you. The refs were awful and didn’t let the kids play on either team. It was a flag fest. Who knows what will happen Friday but I think if we can correct the mistakes we have a shot.

I think with the spring playoff the young Burns QB created huge expectations for this season. He was spot on that game and was probably running on pure adrenaline with the last minute start. He's going to be great.....We were exposed in area s Friday night which Coach Devine will address. Crest will come in loaded as always. Let's just hope the game can be played . Best of luck to both squads.
Definitely not loaded..just hoping to get better as the season goes on..

Definitely not loaded..just hoping to get better as the season goes on..
We have talent and looking at the roster we are still very young but with some experience. I think we graduate less seniors this year than last. Naturally we want to win Friday but I’m like you, I just want to see it progress. Bragging rights are all fun but putting it together in Conference and November is where it counts. Crest will be physical up front on defense and I’m sure they have athletes all over the secondary. It’s crazy but the teams almost mirror each other. Defense is a little ahead of the offense early and both teams have young qbs.

We have the personnel in place to be a really good team. We have some key players who will excel. We would love to beat Crest. I don’t think we are ready for such a big game yet. Having played a game already will help, being at home will too. Our running game is sporadic and that needs to change quickly. Our Qb is playing above his age and varsity experience. I am very impressed with him. There are so many variables in play here- throw in emotions and it will be interesting. I pick Burns in a close one. There will be lots of mistakes and miscues both ways.

Really liked what Burns did with the short passes to get Mauney involved and comfortable vs Forestview. Gotta believe you see more of that this week. They need Norris to at least keep Crest honest with the run. Crest is going to be tough to run on but force Crest to at last acknowledge the threat.

Burns had times, on defense, when they struggled with the combo of Reid and Aguilar getting getting the ball in space vs Forestview. Crest has a few more weapons they can throw out there so get it out of Huskeys hands and let athletes work.

Both teams have great athletes on special teams. Very interested in seeing how the coaches approach kickoffs.

Burns has a game under their belt and are at home which is big.

Should be a great game.

Just saw Simmons rankings. #5 3A Crest vs. #3 2A Burns. Add in that it’s a huge rivalry game and it doesn’t get much bigger than this. Both teams have Soph QB’s so you have to wonder if the stage will be too big for them. Gonna be a big crowd. Let’s line em up and see. Good luck to both teams.

Last edited:
Just saw Simmons rankings. #5 3A Crest vs. #3 2A Burns. Add in that it’s a huge rivalry game and it doesn’t get much bigger than this. Both teams have Soph QB’s so you have to wonder if the stage will be too big for them. Gonna be a big crowd. Let’s line em up and see. Good luck to both teams.
Hearing rumors of a covid last minute cancellation.....

Reactions: UNC91
Where are the Charger supporters? This has been a really hushed thread. I believe most of us are just plain unsure- on both sides. I for one/ am OK. I believe in the Dogs and Chargers will be as expected- they will give us all the have.
It has been quiet but as you said there is uncertainty between us all. We knew we were better than what we showed last week and Crest hasn’t been able to play a game yet. Considering the circumstances with a County matchup I feel like we will know a lot more tonight about both.

Reactions: Bluedog17
Really what do you expect from a team that hasn't even taken the field yet? Burns should be favorites with already a game win and it being at home.

Crest is always Burns biggest obstacle. Even in years we’re supposed to beat them, we seem to lose. I do feel like the Bulldogs will come out on top here if the O-Line will play ball. If they do 20-17 Burns.

Just confirmed with a reliable source game is still on as of this time.
My reliable source told me last night, last week, last month, last year and this morning that it was never off or in question. Nobody on Crest or Burns staff had any idea it was even in question. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Social media would have been all over it.

• Love
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT