Jun 5, 2001
Hickory, NC
Crest 13 South Point 7

This post was edited on 12/5 8:34 PM by CHEERDUCK

This post was edited on 12/5 9:14 PM by CHEERDUCK

This post was edited on 12/5 9:16 PM by CHEERDUCK

This post was edited on 12/5 9:52 PM by CHEERDUCK

Re: Crest 13 / South Point 0 updates

listening on KTC, are the refs as bad as the Crest radio guys making it out to be? they are slamming them every other play. Heaven forbid Crest has a penalty against them...
This post was edited on 12/5 8:57 PM by The_Rev921

No very fair called game so far. If anything 1 bad call against SP. They are slow if that is all. I have no dog in this battle.

Rev, I am listening to the Belmont broadcast and they have mentioned the refs putting the ball back beyond where they thought it should be, even for the Crest guys. Not there so I don't know.

This post was edited on 12/5 8:43 PM by sasha_nc

I figured, we all know refs make a bad calls but these guys have b*tched about every flag and balls being spotted "incorrectly" bout cant listen to it anymore because they are obnoxious.

Did that other announcer just say he was "takin' a piss" as SP ran in for a td?
roll.r191677.gif

Re: Crest 13 / South Point 7 updates

nm

This post was edited on 12/5 9:52 PM by GATA 88

It's over. Crest 13 - SP 7.

Great game to listen to. Congrats Crest, I think South Point played a lot tougher than anyone thought they would. Nothing to hang your heads over guys.

Hats off to Crest, congrats go get that State Title.

SP you played with great heart tonight, you made this Red Raider proud!!! Great strides made from the first game this season.

sasha_nc posted on 12/5/2014...
Thanks, Cougar. But I doubt the Crest fans will see it that way.

I dunno bout that. I think behind all the talk there is a lot of respect going both ways. Ya'll both have great programs. I've enjoyed watching SP on youtube this year. A bunch of little scrappy kids with big hearts and huge ba**s.

South Point coaches were perfect in this one. Tough to watch a player with jitters cost Raiders their biggest win ever!

That dropped pass on 4th down was huge. He had it and when he hit the ground it flew out. Was that Muse? SP would have had the ball on the 17 I believe. Close game in the second half.

Just got home and I have to say that was a great football game. Going into the game it was obvious that SP needed a couple of big breaks to pull this out but never really got them. That Crest defense is the real deal. Really run to the ball and makes you earn every yard. SP's D matched them blow for blow and did a great job on Harbison after the one big run in the first half. Really proud of my Raiders.

Congrats to the Chargers. The best team won tonight but SP gave them a fight, especially the defense. Red Raider pride lives on. The Crest defense is truly great and made our offense look hapless at times. There were two great defenses on the field tonight but the Crest version was the game clincher. Overall a great game played by both teams. That is the true spirit of high school football.

Originally posted by BurnsBullDog02:
That dropped pass on 4th down was huge. He had it and when he hit the ground it flew out. Was that Muse? SP would have had the ball on the 17 I believe. Close game in the second half.
Yeah it was. Give credit where credit due though- the Crest kid that laid the hit on him either jarred it loose or as it was bobbled made sure it wasn't caught. He obviously wasn't scared of 220 lbs. That was a big play. Our pass game is horrendous. Unfortunately our coaches have no understanding of space or bodying up a ball in the pass game when you HAVE TO HAVE 10-12 yards. We have four 6'2 or taller guys on the roster this year that can catch and run. We should have had no problems in the pass game getting 3rd and 9s all year. This is one of those situations where being unwilling to adapt hurt us when it counted.

But you can't pass when you don't have a QB that can routinely throw accurately. The out pass he threw to Tanner was three feet over his head and could have gotten Muse hurt badly on that play. Sever other passes were well off target also. Sometimes he can hit the mark but not at a high enough percentage to gamble on the passing offense. I am not slamming the QB at all, just stating his strength and weaknesses. If we had the QB from East Rowan on our team, we could be an unstoppable offense with all the options available to us. Oh well, it is what it is. A hell of a great season considering 4 early losses. Congratulations to Crest again, a superb defense no doubt.

I agree with most of that....but it comes down to personnel choice and coaching of that position. Since 06....the pass game has been impossible. I fully understand it's not the staff's first priority, but I also believe they understand that we will be put in positions against good defenses that dare us to pass. We can't complete anything for roughly a decade in the pass game even as teams leave 9 up close to the line of scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT