ADVERTISEMENT

Creek

2Grine

Dec 20, 2021
A problem exists. Exactly what is going on right now, does anyone know?

Is this regarding Mallard Creek? If so did something happen or is this a question about their season?

Mallard Creek has played a rough schedule. Buford (nationally ranked), Gaffney (state ranked) and Independence for non conference. Add in West Charlotte, Hough and Chambers this week they had a rough schedule. I think if you swap out those non conference games with South Meck and Myers Park, MC would have a much better record, probably only have two losses.

They don’t have the sheer talent and size as they did several years ago. Meaning they can run on you behind that massive offensive line and you can’t stop them. Offensively I never found them really innovative from a schematic standpoint in the previous years. They were just bigger and more talented and they imposed their will. Now with the size and talent not being what it was they are easier to defend because the talent gap is close. That’s where coaching comes into play. They can overwhelm a Hopewell but struggle to move the ball against West Charlotte or Hough.

Defensively they have been between really good and elite so I think they are good there.

I expect them to at least get to round 2 and depending on the matchup they can go to the third round.

I think they should maybe remove Buford or Gaffney from the schedule and maybe get another NC team. That conference is brutal at least give the kids some momentum with a manageable non conference schedule.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Given the performance of the offensive, I'll predict round one, maybe two at most. What started out as one of the season's most anticipated shows ended "with their history" being a below-average production. Nothing is being spoken, which is the best thing since bread.

I think Mallard Creek beats Marvin Ridge and “ upsets” Watauga. If they meet Indy again I like their chances. East Forsyth could be a tough matchup if they meet.

You won’t face an offense that could give you fits until East Forsyth or Indy. I think East would be more of a challenge in my opinion. After that you get Mooresville or Butler. The defense will keep MC in most games.

East Forsyth is going to supply Creek with everything they need to load the bus. But Watauga takes precedence. Creek does not have the necessary confidence nor talent to proceed.

East Forsyth is going to supply Creek with everything they need to load the bus. But Watauga takes precedence. Creek does not have the necessary confidence nor talent to proceed.
You don’t think they can beat Watauga?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT