ADVERTISEMENT

Bonnie Cone Leadership Academy

Does anyone know what conference or classification Bonnie Cone is in? Thanks.
Kinda got curious, too, after you posted this. I couldn't find anything on the NCHSAA or NCISAA websites, but on MaxPreps Basketball, under the schools' Home and Schedule tabs, it gives their conference name and record. Under BCLA it noted "Freelance", so if this is correct they must not be in a conference, yet.

On their schedule, most but not all of the teams they play are private schools in and around Mecklenburg County. I did notice they've been playing some public school teams namely East Gaston and Anson County, along with East and West Stanly.

Here is a link to their MaxPreps basketball page.

Last edited:
Kinda got curious, too, after you posted this. I couldn't find anything on the NCHSAA or NCISAA websites, but on MaxPreps Basketball, under the schools' Home and Schedule tabs, it gives their conference name and record. Under BCLA it noted "Freelance", so if this is correct they must not be in a conference, yet.

On their schedule, most but not all of the teams they play are private schools in and around Mecklenburg County. I did notice they've been playing some public school teams namely East Gaston and Anson County, along with East and West Stanly.

Here is a link to their MaxPreps basketball page.

Thank you very much for the info I appreciate it.

We are not sure what classification we will be. We have applied to be in the NCHSAA and are still waiting for final approval from the organization.

Our numbers are at a 1A level right now. By the time we do the realignment in 2025, we could be 3A or 4A according to the new standards

As for conference, I am not sure where we will be placed. I have a feeling we will be independent this year and placed in a conference during realignment

Reactions: Bburg_Wildcat 22
So is this gonna be a new charter school that can basically recruit athletes to play at their school

We are a charter school. And no we are not allowed to recruit. If you think other wise, come see my phone and know I am not going to obtain anything illegally. Check my emails and cell phone. My charter school guys are the same. Everyone is blinded by the reality

Here is an opinion may not be popular or people may not agree with me. But charter schools are mostly created for educational purposes, to give kids choices and access to better educational opportunities. But honestly their is no reason charter schools should even have athletics. Kids could still participate in athletics at the school district they reside in. I've had teammates in the past that were homeschooled but played football at assigned school district. This would be a great solution. Leave charters as educational institutes and leave athletics for the students home district.

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
Here is an opinion may not be popular or people may not agree with me. But charter schools are mostly created for educational purposes, to give kids choices and access to better educational opportunities. But honestly their is no reason charter schools should even have athletics. Kids could still participate in athletics at the school district they reside in. I've had teammates in the past that were homeschooled but played football at assigned school district. This would be a great solution. Leave charters as educational institutes and leave athletics for the students home district.
Well said.

What a noble post. Don't suppose you'd have any suggestions about which district should get the lions share, would you ? I've learned that anytime you use "honestly" in a post, you have either an ulterior motive or you're getting ready to insult somebody.

Us older and more civil posters have taught you the language of gentlemen. Every damned one of us should be put on trial. When you first began posting you'd simply tell everybody to go to the infernal region (in other words), but at least you weren't so dangerous, and what's doubly bad is you've become good at it.

Consider the above post, even ocdavis31 a man if moral fiber, high character and sacrifice (I know him personally) for at least a fleeting second must have thought, "What a swell guy." Forgive me Lord.

What a noble post. Don't suppose you'd have any suggestions about which district should get the lions share, would you ? I've learned that anytime you use "honestly" in a post, you have either an ulterior motive or you're getting ready to insult somebody.

Us older and more civil posters have taught you the language of gentlemen. Every damned one of us should be put on trial. When you first began posting you'd simply tell everybody to go to the infernal region (in other words), but at least you weren't so dangerous, and what's doubly bad is you've become good at it.

Consider the above post, even ocdavis31 a man if moral fiber, high character and sacrifice (I know him personally) for at least a fleeting second must have thought, "What a swell guy." Forgive me Lord.
Not sure of the distance students travel to attend this charter but if I made rough guesses I would be lead to believe that these kids would attend christ the king high school or cox mill or hough.

We are not sure what classification we will be. We have applied to be in the NCHSAA and are still waiting for final approval from the organization.

Our numbers are at a 1A level right now. By the time we do the realignment in 2025, we could be 3A or 4A according to the new standards

As for conference, I am not sure where we will be placed. I have a feeling we will be independent this year and placed in a conference during realignment
We were trying to get a J.V. game with ya'll last year, but we couldn't make it work. We were able to get ya'll on the schedule for varsity football this year, and look forward to the trip to Huntersville.

@Lincolnton good to see u back around lol I was getting bored and had to go play with the MT Airy guys 🤣🤣. They didn't like me much and now some hate me know , but I grew on some of them 🤣🤣

Thank you for the kind words, sir. Your Benjamin is in the mail. Hope you’re well😊

• Haha
@Lincolnton good to see u back around lol I was getting bored and had to go play with the MT Airy guys 🤣🤣. They didn't like me much and now some hate me know , but I grew on some of them 🤣🤣
AMD, I read something about that on another thread. From now on I don't think many of us will be too quick to write off what you say as just a rumor.
You'd mentioned that some of them hate you, hey, there are a lot of poster that really like you, plenty of them, let's see now, there's me and uh there's me LOL, just joking. Like you or not, next time you make a prediction we'll all take notice.

Postscript: I'm not sure if you'd be a better coach or a better sports reporter, maybe both. :)

Thank you for the kind words, sir. Your Benjamin is in the mail. Hope you’re well😊
Thanks OC, I know you have a sense of modesty but I'll stand by it all.
By the way, wish you could meet amaidendevil. You'd probably call him a diamond in the rough, the rough part being that he's what used to be called a hell driver, you know, demolition driver.

AMD, I read something about that on another thread. From now on I don't think many of us will be too quick to write off what you say as just a rumor.
You'd mentioned that some of them hate you, hey, there are a lot of poster that really like you, plenty of them, let's see now, there's me and uh there's me LOL, just joking. Like you or not, next time you make a prediction we'll all take notice.

Postscript: I'm not sure if you'd be a better coach or a better sports reporter, maybe both. :)
I know how u like to go back and look at posts. If you go back to work coach pack quit Newton Conover I think you will find a Post that I made that said Matt Wilson will be the first one to put in for the job 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also Bunker Hill Reid interviewed for freedom job also just didn't get it.

I know how u like to go back and look at posts. If you go back to work coach pack quit Newton Conover I think you will find a Post that I made that said Matt Wilson will be the first one to put in for the job 🤷🏼‍♂️
AMD, you are indeed the man ! 👇

"You want to throw out an early name for their next coach I bet you Matt Wilson puts in for it"
  • amaidendevil
  • Post #43
  • Oct 30, 2023
  • Forum: 2A Football: See Link below from The Statesville Record & Landmark

• Love
Reactions: amaidendevil
Thanks OC, I know you have a sense of modesty but I'll stand by it all.
By the way, wish you could meet amaidendevil. You'd probably call him a diamond in the rough, the rough part being that he's what used to be called a hell driver, you know, demolition driver.
The next time you guys get together, let me know. Love to see you and Cheerduck again.

This where I disagree with you - Most of these kids go to said place like Pine Lake or Boonie cone would never sniff the field at their home direct bc they are backups or just fillers

Like ex: PLP had a Hough QB transfer in a yr or 2 ago - He did great at PLP but if he would stayed at Hough no chance he see the field until maybe maybe his senior yr so that 2-3 year he don’t get to play - That does nothing for a student athlete who has the potential to play elsewhere and able to possibly live their dream to the next level

This where I disagree with you - Most of these kids go to said place like Pine Lake or Boonie cone would never sniff the field at their home direct bc they are backups or just fillers

Like ex: PLP had a Hough QB transfer in a yr or 2 ago - He did great at PLP but if he would stayed at Hough no chance he see the field until maybe maybe his senior yr so that 2-3 year he don’t get to play - That does nothing for a student athlete who has the potential to play elsewhere and able to possibly live their dream to the next level
So instead of teaching a kid to face obstacles in life and put in extra effort and work to succeed. We teach them to run away to an easier pathway to their goal.

So instead of teaching a kid to face obstacles in life and put in extra effort and work to succeed. We teach them to run away to an easier pathway to their goal.
Wouldn't this be the same reasoning for someone who left his school to go play for a better team. Why shouldn't he stay at the school with the lesser team and try to help them improve. I'll not mention any school names, yet, or until you try and gaslight Lincolnton again... Course the one exception would be if it's "A nice community".

Wouldn't this be the same reasoning for someone who left his school to go play for a better team. Why shouldn't he stay at the school with the lesser team and try to help them improve. I'll not mention any school names, yet, or until you try and gaslight Lincolnton again... Course the one exception would be if it's "A nice community".
The only reasoning I could see is the kids future. Maybe a kid or family can't afford college and only way is for him to get an athletic scholarship 🤷🏼‍♂️ maybe for example a kid stays at his school and gets no offers or one to a small no name school, when if he had moved to another area he could of at least got a scholarship to Lenoir rhyne. Based on a lifetime true story 🤣🤣. But none of that really covers be biggest reply to your statement which is... The kid being a minor has no control over where his parents move to since they wanna live "in a nice community" he just has to go with them 🤣🤣

And secondly remember what ya elders told ya growing up.... Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house 🤣🤣🤣 #55 #50 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
AMD said: "But none of that really covers be biggest reply to your statement which is... The kid being a minor has no control over where his parents move to since they wanna live "in a nice community" he just has to go with them" 🤣🤣

LOL, that's as sound as you and someone else claiming that you're not associated with the team. I try to forget what I learned in my past life but I can't seem to shake it, so I worry.

AMD said: "But none of that really covers be biggest reply to your statement which is... The kid being a minor has no control over where his parents move to since they wanna live "in a nice community" he just has to go with them" 🤣🤣

LOL, that's as sound as you and someone else claiming that you're not associated with the team. I try to forget what I learned in my past life but I can't seem to shake it, so I worry.
Lol I have no association with the team besides being a fan 😂

LOL we see grown men leave programs to go to better jobs so It’s a 2 way street. Also I ain’t fault a kid who get sit on the bench n prob won’t play why not go else n play? We ain’t in 80s,90s anymore the landscape of ALL athletics have changed weather we like it or not

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT