ADVERTISEMENT

Creek vs Tommy and DF

Doesn't mean they were not recruits. Scandal began to unfold in about 2007 when Independence had to sit 4 or 5 illegal players in championship game against Bears which NB won. Richmond takes crown next year after beating Indy at Charlotte. Win at all cost Tommy loses to Butler in 2009 and leaves town for DF, where I'm sure he recruits. Not a coach out there that can make biscuits from dirt........just saying

Let’s take this one at a time.

It was his first season at Indy in 2000. Every player but one was at Indy the previous year. Did he recruit them the year before to Indy while he was at West Charlotte?

Set two players in title game. One was screwed over. Started day one freshman year at Indy and had lived in numerous school districts and homes due to family issues. Per CMS rule at the time he should have been eligible to play. The other was plain stupid and he had been removed from the team during the regular season.

Knotts retired at the end of 2009-2010 school year with thirty years. Newly married with first child. Stay at Indy and make $70k or get $40k in retirement and make $104,800 plus bonus at DF for a guaranteed total of nearly $145k. He made more than double his first year in SC than he would have with 31 in NC. What would you have done?

Thank you fir bringing up Dutch Fork. Not only are you not well versed on the Indy subject but you obviously know nothing about SC. The joke in Columbia area is that Knotts was always accused of recruiting. He goes to a district with open enrollment and he cannot get anyone to come there. He is at good size school with a good demographic mix and unreal support which has developed since he got there.

Last edited:
Money enticed DB to go there, I believe in the 100 grand range. SB just didn't have the talent and he left after I think 2 years.

He was paid a little more than half that which was good money in the early 1990’s. The boosters helped buy a house fir him and his then wife expecting him to stay.

They didn’t have talent? Great coaches develop talent? Dutch Fork won eight eight games the three years before Knotts arrived. SC people laughed when he took the job. Said it was big boy football and he would never win there.

Let’s take this one at a time.

It was his first season at Indy in 2000. Every player but one was at Indy the previous year. Did he recruit them the year before to Indy while he was at West Charlotte?

Set two players in title game. One was screwed over. Started day one freshman year at Indy and had lived in numerous school districts and homes due to family issues. Per CMS rule at the time he should have been eligible to play. The other was plain stupid and he had been removed from the team during the regular season.

Knotts retired at the end of 2009-2010 school year with thirty years. Newly married with first child. Stay at Indy and make $70k or get $40k in retirement and make $104,800 plus bonus at DF for a guaranteed total of nearly $145k. He made more than double his first year in SC than he would have with 31 in NC. What would you have done?

Thank you fir bringing up Dutch Fork. Not only are you not well versed on the Indy subject but you obviously know nothing about SC. The joke in Columbia area is that Knotts was always accused of recruiting. He goes to a district with open enrollment and he cannot get anyone to come there. He is at good size school with a good demographic mix and unreal support which has developed since he got there.
OK, first of all we are just having a grown up conversation about nchsfb, agree friend? Knotts did recruit while at Indy, maybe not to begin with but he did later. Do you really think it's possible to go undefeated in Meck county for 6 years? Why after having to sit ineligible players in 2007 title game did the title run come to a halt? Why did he not win state at WC? I know more about SC that you might think, our #1 rival. Trust me Bailey recruits or attempts to recruit out of Fay, his old stomping grounds. One player that comes to mind is qb. Trust me Knotts would not make it in an area with only one high school within a 100 mile radius.

He was paid a little more than half that which was good money in the early 1990’s. The boosters helped buy a house fir him and his then wife expecting him to stay.

They didn’t have talent? Great coaches develop talent? Dutch Fork won eight eight games the three years before Knotts arrived. SC people laughed when he took the job. Said it was big boy football and he would never win there.
Recruit great players = winning!

Reactions: Mopar forever
If Knotts recruited at Independence he didnt do a great job. I felt the 2002 Butler team was more talented than Independence that year. In 2006 Butler started to have more overall talent than Independence but they still would beat Butler. Independence’s most talented team was 2004 and Knotts didn’t coach that team it was Gieler. I count four maybe five years where Indy had the best overall talent.

Butler and Independence are separated by three miles and between 2000-2012 they owner NC high school football with 9 championships. Knotts didnt have to recruit with so much talent in the area.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Sorry, I thought SC in you post was Scotland. So you're saying a player in SC can choose his school regardless of residency? I'm not too old to learn, and love talking FB.

No. In some areas of the state and within some districts open enrollment is allowed.

You do know the NCHSAA allows transfer to immediately play sports without moving into the new district now?

Last edited:
OK, first of all we are just having a grown up conversation about nchsfb, agree friend? Knotts did recruit while at Indy, maybe not to begin with but he did later. Do you really think it's possible to go undefeated in Meck county for 6 years? Why after having to sit ineligible players in 2007 title game did the title run come to a halt? Why did he not win state at WC? I know more about SC that you might think, our #1 rival. Trust me Bailey recruits or attempts to recruit out of Fay, his old stomping grounds. One player that comes to mind is qb. Trust me Knotts would not make it in an area with only one high school within a 100 mile radius.

CMS hired a third party law firm which brought in a private investigative firm. Spent $106,000 on the Indy investigation alone. The final conclusion was Knotts did not recruit players. There were numerous emails found from parents contacting Knotts directly with replies that they would need to communicate with the AD and principal.

One player in particular was noted as being an issue was communication with a rising freshman's family. Knotts had conversations with the player's father, a former college player (may have had some NFL camp experience). The funny thing about it was that Knotts was not coaching anywhere at the time (had left Duke) and the family lived in the Indy school district. The father stated in the investigative report he reached out to Knotts and also a couple of CMS head coaches. The player went on to start three years in the SEC, was drafted and started some games in the NFL before an injury ended his career. He left Indy the day before practice started his senior season (2008) for another school.

2008 had the potential to be one of their better teams during the streak after being down a bit from 2005-2007. From the day before the first practice they would lose six starters by the Richmond semifinal game. One future NFL (see above), one future FCS two time All American that was on NFL practice squads, another FCS player, and a D2 player. Before 2007 Indy was not put in negative situations due to injury but that changed in 2007.

Anyone that watched or covered Indy and Meck County football saw that Indy was coming down from their peak starting with the 2005 season. 2005 and 2006 were undefeated seasons with close games that could have went either way with a few different bounces of the ball. It did not start with 2007 or 2008, it was just more noticeable due to the losses.

The CMS redistricting that happened from 2000-2007 shrunk the districts with the openings of three new schools. An example, as of 2006 the neighborhood of Hakeem Nicks was no longer part of the Indy district. Indy still had the skill players 2007-2009. They were loaded with them but they did not have the linemen which was really the big difference between Indy and Butler.

Indy's 2007 season changed drastically in the Catholic scrimmage when they lost future NC State TE to a knee injury. He was the only really big target for a 5'7" sophomore QB. They lost in the state title game in 2007 with their two Shrine Bowl players out with injury after losing the season finale to Butler. Indy probably should have lost to West Charlotte in the regional final. Losing the the d tackle on the first defensive play was the New Bern game changer but Indy's coaching staff, including Knotts were not up to their A level. Missed a few chances. 2008 they lost in the regional final to a Richmond club that had transformed itself and gotten healthy and hot at the end of the season. 2009 lost in the regular season final in a nail biter to Butler and again in the regional final. BUtler was better and controled the trenches. The next year Rocky River opened splitting the school.

If Knotts recruited at Independence he didnt do a great job. I felt the 2002 Butler team was more talented than Independence that year. In 2006 Butler started to have more overall talent than Independence but they still would beat Butler. Independence’s most talented team was 2004 and Knotts didn’t coach that team it was Gieler. I count four maybe five years where Indy had the best overall talent.

Butler and Independence are separated by three miles and between 2000-2012 they owner NC high school football with 9 championships. Knotts didnt have to recruit with so much talent in the area.

You know as good as anyone that some of the Butler teams were very close to equal with Indy although Indy usually won the game in the trenches or a big game changing play which they seemed to have a knack for.

2000 Butler lost by six to Knotts first team that was loaded with underclassmen.

2002 Butler was a good team and probably had better skill players (two future NFLers) but Indy had senior QB Leak.

2005 Butler appeared to be in a great position to win the regular season finale and a big play by Nicks changed the game from inside the Butler ten on a third down with Indy up by three. A big play by Nicks in the playoff game on a fake punt up by 7 allowed Indy to score late to seal the two TD win.

2006 Butler was up by three TDs and Indy pulled out a six point win.

2007 Butler with three future NFL skill position players pulled out the regular season win by a point. Indy controled a tight playoff game for a two TD win.

2008 Butler was in it until the end losing by about ten but fell apart when sophomore Lemay was pressure in the playoff game. That Indy team was loaded until the personel losses decimated them especially the D.

2009 Buter was much better and I thought Indy did a great job nearly pulling out the regular season game while the last series of the first half doomed Indy in the regional final.

Any of those seasons Butler could have gotten a W over Indy and did in 2007 and twice in 2009.

Do you really think it's possible to go undefeated in Meck county for 6 years? Trust me Knotts would not make it in an area with only one high school within a 100 mile radius.

Today, probably not but Mallard Creek and Butler have both had good runs since the Indy run.

Do I believe it prior to recently? Absolutely yes. Knotts did not lose to a Meck County team in a regular season from 1990-1999 while at West Charlotte. WC lost to one Meck County team during that span (1992 playoffs to South Meck by one after winning the regular season game). They lost one conference game (Ashbrook) during that span. Lost to AL Brown (1996) and twice to Richmond (1997 and 1998) for their only other regular season losses. Their playoff losses were all super tight games. He had a good run there getting to three state title games. Lost one they should not have, lost to one of the better teams I have ever seen play in this state, and won one the year no one expected them to. Thought the 1996 and 1997 teams were possibly his two best at WC. Lost by one point to both Page and Richmond in the third round.

I am about to head to the airport. Went to Shelby for the Freedom game and did not want to fall asleep so this kept me busy.

joey, if you have a question about Meck County football from the 2000's and some of the prior ones and even some of the current decade I can probably answer it although the memory is getting a bit foggy. Let me know.

Ask anyone that knows Knotts well, whether through coaching with or against him, following his program, covering him, or knowing him. He is not going to ask a player to come play for him. He could not handle feeling that a player or parent had one up on him or that he did not have control of the situation. I honestly believe this and have had many tell me the same. Believe what you want.

From here on it is about Mallard Creek and Dutch Fork and I will make it back in time for kickoff.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I can think of maybe Butler 2012 as one team that had more talent or maybe a couple of the South Carolina teams that could’ve had more talent than Mallard Creek when they met on the field.

2012 Butler for sure. 2017 Wake and possibly 2015 Wake despite beating them. I think 2016 Southpointe was unreal in spots. I dont know if they were very good on Oline but Kendrick made up for it.

2016 Vance was very close.

Reactions: btango
2012 Butler for sure. 2017 Wake and possibly 2015 Wake despite beating them. I think 2016 Southpointe was unreal in spots. I dont know if they were very good on Oline but Kendrick made up for it.

2016 Vance was very close.
I'm new 2 charlotte (2010-2018) so I've only heard of the prior teams....if we had Aldridge coaching that defense(2016) no disrespect to the previous def coach but during the playoff run he was over his head smh.

@btango thanks for once again educating folks on what actually transpired with Indy. I arrived in 2000 to Charlotte and saw the whole thing play out. I still believe to this day that TK was just miles above the Coaching in NC during that time had nothing to do with recruiting. You watch Palmieri, Brand & others drastically change culture and win even now and the recruiting thing is just bogus.

DF and Creek game will be a dogfight. Two great staffs who will play Chess and not Checkers.

TK will have to pull a few TRICKS out of the hat to win this one!..This Creek team is loaded top to bottom!..More depth than ever before!... One of the fastest Creek teams ever!...Creek will have to beat themselves to lose! I don’t care if Saban was coaching DF!

Dutch Fork is going to abuse MC and I am a MC fan. Knotts with even talent wins about 90% of the time. Knotts with great talent wins 95% of the time. As Btango mentioned Knotts is a very seasoned coach and will take this game personally. The Knotts of Harding/WC morphed into something totally different at Indy. It was like he took those mistakes and corrected them for great success at Indy.

Remember WC should have won states in 91. 93 Northern Durham may have been the best NC high school team I have ever seen. If WC plays any other team in the state he wins that ship. They win in 95 with only loss to AL Brown. WC 96,97 were absolutely the best teams he had at WC. Took a fluke play at home vs. Page, and RC magic in 97 to beat him. Realistically he should have had 4 ships at WC IMHO.

At Indy Knotts got the benefit of split classes, talent increase over WC, and enrollment policies. Even with these benefits no other coach would have gotten what he got out of Indy as evidenced now. IN 1999 he beat Indy what 56-7, and the next year he beat WC 55-6? Thats all the evidence needed to show he was a great coach. Indy 07 should have lost to WC, Indy 08,09 were similar to WC 98,99. Good teams but missing the special player. Hollomon leaving was big as he was a big time QB, but Indy had great QB already. Butler had more talent. Really think Knotts was looking for an exit plan even before he came back to Indy.

Now at DF Knotts has great resources, excellent pay, great assistants, and a community committed to winning. He is a coach running at his best right now. NO way he will lose this statement game against MC. He has played the best SC has to offer. This is his twilight. DF 35 MC-14

He did win a title at WC in ‘95 vs Douglas Byrd

Last edited:
Winning is recruiting...case closed. If ur moving 2 north Charlotte n ur kid plays football r u going 2 hopewell or creek? Are u going 2 garinger or Vance? I think these coaches recruiting claims r ridiculous.if you win...they will come!!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
The Knotts of Harding/WC morphed into something totally different at Indy. It was like he took those mistakes and corrected them for great success at Indy.

Remember WC should have won states in 91. 93 Northern Durham may have been the best NC high school team I have ever seen. If WC plays any other team in the state he wins that ship. They win in 95 with only loss to AL Brown. WC 96,97 were absolutely the best teams he had at WC. Took a fluke play at home vs. Page, and RC magic in 97 to beat him. Realistically he should have had 4 ships at WC IMHO.

At Indy Knotts got the benefit of split classes, talent increase over WC, and enrollment policies. Even with these benefits no other coach would have gotten what he got out of Indy as evidenced now. In 1999 he beat Indy what 56-7, and the next year he beat WC 55-6? Thats all the evidence needed to show he was a great coach. Indy 07 should have lost to WC, Indy 08,09 were similar to WC 98,99. Good teams but missing the special player. Hollomon leaving was big as he was a big time QB, but Indy had great QB already. Butler had more talent. Really think Knotts was looking for an exit plan even before he came back to Indy.

Now at DF Knotts has great resources, excellent pay, great assistants, and a community committed to winning. He is a coach running at his best right now. NO way he will lose this statement game against MC. He has played the best SC has to offer. This is his twilight. DF 35 MC-14

Indy won their first two titles before the classes were split. Do not see them losing 2002-2004if subdividing had not happened. Rose would have been a good matchup in 2006 but thought Indy would have handled them in 2005. Indy was strong on the front seven even in the later years and Rose was somewhat one dimensional with the run. Not sure they matched up well with Indy. Thought WC QB going down in 2006 title game kept that game from being a nailbiter. Injured at the goal line and did not score with him out before the half was crippling. He would be the NC Preps Offensive Player of the Year the following season.

The enrollment policies were not a change from prior years. I set in on numerous meetings downtown in 2008 that reviewed the policies in place. It opened my eyes to how crazy districting is in a big school system as admin from other districts came in. The craziest thing was that during the investigation it was found that Indy had several players leave the program over the years and those players caused their new schools to forfeit games. Others, like two future NFLers, left Indy using the proper protocol. Those were not the only future NFL players that lived in the Indy district that moved out while in high school.

The influx of people into the 485 corridor as it opened north past Highway 74 provided huge growth enough to force the opening of Rocky River. All one had to do to see what was coming at Indy was go to the Mint Hill youth league and see the talent there from the late 1990's until a few years after 2000. An all star list that ended up mostly at Indy and Butler.

Losing Holloman's experience and leadership was crippling in 2008 especially considering it happened the day before preseason practice started.

Reactions: joeys416
I hope some of the Mallard Creek and Indy guys in here were at this game but the GREATEST FOOTBALL game I have EVER watched live was in 2009 opening game between Tommy Knotts coached Indy team and Marquise Williams led Mallard creek team. That game was a back and forth game. TK outcoached Palmieri in that game. MC led the game at one point 35-21 they could not start dual threat Marquise who rushed for over 200 yards that game and then came TK and Anthony Carrothers scoring drive after drive and took the lead 42-35. Creek on the final drive drive the ball I believe 90 yards and scored went for two and fumbled the ball on the two point conversion and Indy wins 42-41. 9 years later they meet again. This time at OC for Mallard Creek is one of the last QB to play for Tommy Knotts in NC DJ McFadden. This game has a lot of bragging rights and respect between the two teams and I’m more excited about this game than the NFL or College season.

There is a very small group of uninformed fans and sadly some coaches who couldn't beat Tommy Knotts if they had
I hope some of the Mallard Creek and Indy guys in here were at this game but the GREATEST FOOTBALL game I have EVER watched live was in 2009 opening game between Tommy Knotts coached Indy team and Marquise Williams led Mallard creek team. That game was a back and forth game. TK outcoached Palmieri in that game. MC led the game at one point 35-21 they could not start dual threat Marquise who rushed for over 200 yards that game and then came TK and Anthony Carrothers scoring drive after drive and took the lead 42-35. Creek on the final drive drive the ball I believe 90 yards and scored went for two and fumbled the ball on the two point conversion and Indy wins 42-41. 9 years later they meet again. This time at OC for Mallard Creek is one of the last QB to play for Tommy Knotts in NC DJ McFadden. This game has a lot of bragging rights and respect between the two teams and I’m more excited about this game than the NFL or College season.

Marquise Williams started that game. HE did not fumble going for the 2 point conversion, he just didn't make it. I don't know about out coached with a score of 42-41? It was Coach Palmieri's 3rd season as a head coach, going up against a guy who had already won 8 State Championships. It was also, not the last game they played. They met again in the playoffs the same year. Indy won 49-20 and the following week Indy was spank by Butler when Christian Lemay lit them up like Christmas lights at McAdenville, throwing for 415 yards, score was 38-14.

There is a very small group of uninformed fans and sadly some coaches who couldn't beat Tommy Knotts if they had

Marquise Williams started that game. HE did not fumble going for the 2 point conversion, he just didn't make it. I don't know about out coached with a score of 42-41? It was Coach Palmieri's 3rd season as a head coach, going up against a guy who had already won 8 State Championships. It was also, not the last game they played. They met again in the playoffs the same year. Indy won 49-20 and the following week Indy was spank by Butler when Christian Lemay lit them up like Christmas lights at McAdenville, throwing for 415 yards, score was 38-14.

Funny how people recall things. " Outcoached" . To me that was Palmieri and his staffs coming out party. Bunch of kids who had never played in a big game in their lives go toe to toe with one of the biggest prep football dynasties in the country. As Nepsy knows the program is significantly different in all phases now.

If anything I think it was the playoff game where Knotts really did some teaching that year. Made some adjustments and exploited Marquise's tendency to hold the ball very loosely when he ran with it. Think he fumbled twice if I remember correctly. Creek not quite ready for primetime then but it was because of that loss the Vance debacle and ultimately the big one at Page that really drove the program forward. Gotta go through that kind of progression.

Funny how people recall things. " Outcoached" . To me that was Palmieri and his staffs coming out party. Bunch of kids who had never played in a big game in their lives go toe to toe with one of the biggest prep football dynasties in the country. As Nepsy knows the program is significantly different in all phases now.

If anything I think it was the playoff game where Knotts really did some teaching that year. Made some adjustments and exploited Marquise's tendency to hold the ball very loosely when he ran with it. Think he fumbled twice if I remember correctly. Creek not quite ready for primetime then but it was because of that loss the Vance debacle and ultimately the big one at Page that really drove the program forward. Gotta go through that kind of progression.
Were going thru that now.... ugh painful losses...smh

Let’s remember the big story for the 2009 season opener. Aaron Brand came back to Indy as the OC. TK was going to be the DC. We all know TK was always both any way. Before the game Brand was removed from his teaching / coaching position by CMS. Knotts handled play calling on both sides of the ball. He stated after the game it was as tough as it gets because he did not prepare for it.

That game was a complete sell out and was something special. People questioned Palmeiri going fir two. He had Indy on their heels. It was the right call. Super defensive read and play won it for Indy. Indy pretty much controlled the second round playoff game back at MC.

Reactions: joeys416
Were going thru that now.... ugh painful losses...smh

Yup...Its a process but like most things in life its more special when you fail first. I always have thought that the turn around moment for MC was the opener in Dillon in 2013. I didnt have super high expectations for the 2013 team in the preseason. They had come off two pretty big whippings from Butler in 2012 but had a decent amount coming back especially on defense. Thought Brand was excellent in that game.......got down in 2nd half, crazy crowd and environment and he stayed patient with the run game and eventually just wore Dillon out. Thought they grew up that night.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Yup...Its a process but like most things in life its more special when you fail first. I always have thought that the turn around moment for MC was the opener in Dillon in 2013. I didnt have super high expectations for the 2013 team in the preseason. They had come off two pretty big whippings from Butler in 2012 but had a decent amount coming back especially on defense. Thought Brand was excellent in that game.......got down in 2nd half, crazy crowd and environment and he stayed patient with the run game and eventually just wore Dillon out. Thought they grew up that night.
That atmosphere was crazy that night!! Both games against Mallard Creek was some of the hardest hitting,momentum changes, and electric crowds I have experienced.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
That atmosphere was crazy that night!! Both games against Mallard Creek was some of the hardest hitting,momentum changes, and electric crowds I have experienced.

It was a special place and a huge advantage for them. I hope those Dillon kids recognize how fortunate they are to play in front of that kind of passion. I was in a playoff game at Charlotte last year and there might have been 150 people there.

It's a shame but Charlotte is an international transient city now...with that some stuff is gonna suffer like hs football. With all the money hs football is getting n how good charlotte football is it's a shame it has 2 b a known "name" for people 2 show up. And even then their heart isn't in it.

No. In some areas of the state and within some districts open enrollment is allowed.

You do know the NCHSAA allows transfer to immediately play sports without moving into the new district now?
No, I didn't, very interesting. Does player ever have to move to district?

It was a special place and a huge advantage for them. I hope those Dillon kids recognize how fortunate they are to play in front of that kind of passion. I was in a playoff game at Charlotte last year and there might have been 150 people there.
Our home games have not been as full and I think our fans have gotten spoiled. We still travel really well though. I wish we could play y'all in Charlotte at least once.

So that would make recruiting legal right?

I think you are confusing recruiting with a families right to choose where they will send their kid to learn math, play the trumpet or play football. You " They Recruit" guys absolutely crack me up . You think Knotts or any one of the dozens of coaches that get accused of this recruiting you speak of are traveling all over the state or country for that matter offering cars, boats and cash?? What exactly do they use to entice these kids?

In the end this silly little commentary always comes down to the same thing. My team couldnt beat their team.............they must cheat or game the system. They couldn't possibly be just better . Its just jealous fandom, nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: Crest9496
Our home games have not been as full and I think our fans have gotten spoiled. We still travel really well though. I wish we could play y'all in Charlotte at least once.

What I dont get is why you guys arent playing RH SP or Byrnes or Dutch Fork. That match up would make more sense to me.

I think you are confusing recruiting with a families right to choose where they will send their kid to learn math, play the trumpet or play football. You " They Recruit" guys absolutely crack me up . You think Knotts or any one of the dozens of coaches that get accused of this recruiting you speak of are traveling all over the state or country for that matter offering cars, boats and cash?? What exactly do they use to entice these kids?

In the end this silly little commentary always comes down to the same thing. My team couldnt beat their team.............they must cheat or game the system. They couldn't possibly be just better . Its just jealous fandom, nothing more nothing less.

^ what he said....jealously is a powerful thing

What I dont get is why you guys arent playing RH SP or Byrnes or Dutch Fork. That match up would make more sense to me.
In the past it was because the points system. You had too much to lose by playing the really good smaller schools but I don’t know if it’s still like that. I wish we did play those schools.

Dutch Fork is going to abuse MC and I am a MC fan. Knotts with even talent wins about 90% of the time. Knotts with great talent wins 95% of the time. As Btango mentioned Knotts is a very seasoned coach and will take this game personally. The Knotts of Harding/WC morphed into something totally different at Indy. It was like he took those mistakes and corrected them for great success at Indy.

At Indy Knotts got the benefit of split classes, talent increase over WC, and enrollment policies. Even with these benefits no other coach would have gotten what he got out of Indy as evidenced now. IN 1999 he beat Indy what 56-7, and the next year he beat WC 55-6? Thats all the evidence needed to show he was a great coach. Indy 07 should have lost to WC, Indy 08,09 were similar to WC 98,99. Good teams but missing the special player. Hollomon leaving was big as he was a big time QB, but Indy had great QB already. Butler had more talent. Really think Knotts was looking for an exit plan even before he came back to Indy.

If the game was decided on the history of TK then you might be right!... This is a different day and time ... the players have to play the game. TK can only do so much, he can’t get out there and execute what he coaches!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT