ADVERTISEMENT

Creek vs Tommy and DF

Crest9496

Gold Member
Jul 2, 2003
Did I miss a thread posted earlier for this big game? If so sorry for the repost. Who’s favored and who has the most talent and what’s the line on this one????? I mean can MC beat Tommy.....I don’t think so

Did I miss a thread posted earlier for this big game? If so sorry for the repost. Who’s favored and who has the most talent and what’s the line on this one????? I mean can MC beat Tommy.....I don’t think so
Creek has the talent and the O line... not to mention a swarming defense!...We’ll see if DF can match up!!...”I don’t think so”

The good news is I dont think Tommy is playing.

Well, I don't want to split hairs but he said one of his best teams not one of his most talented teams. Across the board MC is probably more talented but we all know that doesn't always win games. Should be a great game.

Reactions: nepsy7
The most talented team is not always the best team.
Well, I don't want to split hairs but he said one of his best teams not one of his most talented teams. Across the board MC is probably more talented but we all know that doesn't always win games. Should be a great game.

I concur with Porter City, I would give Creek the nod on more talent, which it really doesn't matter when playing Knotts. He has a long history of beating teams with more talent. I've seen them live in one scrimmage and on film the other 2. They are like a machine that makes very few mistakes.

Last edited:
The best thing about this game is that it is being played. Two great programs in each state going at it and it should be a great match-up. Both will be better served for playing it and fans will get to see what should be a great game.

Reactions: btango
Mallard Creek verse Tommy BUT who is the DF....why would you team up with a DF? I have to work with a lot of DFs and it can be really frustrating. You constantly have to repeat yourself and occasionally you have to draw pictures for them to understand. :)

I hope Mallard Creek can give them a great game. Im actually more excited about that game than my team playing Scotland. I always enjoyed watching a Knotts offense when they weren’t playing Butler

I think over the past 8 years that when MC has taken the field they have been the most talented team 1-30 in every game except 2 maybe 3. I am not convinced that MC has more talent than DF. I think its a toss.

My money’s on Tommy and from what I’ve been told Tommy would agree MC has more talent but Tommy will have the better team. He’s the greatest HS coach in the history of N.C. He has taken doormat teams and turned them into state championship contenders immediately not counting all the rings he’s won. Tommy is way ahead of all the other coaches and always has been dating back to his days at Harding. He’s that good!!!!

My money’s on Tommy and from what I’ve been told Tommy would agree MC has more talent but Tommy will have the better team. He’s the greatest HS coach in the history of N.C. He has taken doormat teams and turned them into state championship contenders immediately not counting all the rings he’s won. Tommy is way ahead of all the other coaches and always has been dating back to his days at Harding. He’s that good!!!!

I think he is great as well but lets not kid ourselves. Great coaches are made by great players. He has had more than a handful......Saban isnt playing with Alabama Birmingham,s roster.

likes HSFB man say's leave D's South Carolina teams alone. C's We's got Great connection < Dillon d's Nasty Cat's> South Pointe- Dutch Fork wells U's know D's rest of D's story...… We's C's U ons Saturday.

I think he is great as well but lets not kid ourselves. Great coaches are made by great players. He has had more than a handful......Saban isnt playing with Alabama Birmingham,s roster.

Agree about Saban- he only has 5 stars backing up 5 stars lol

Tommy on the other hand has spanked a lot of butts with less talent....but he’s definitely had his share. Just based on what I’ve been told TK has less talent in this one as well. I’m sure he has an experienced team and some studs like MC. But MC is absolutely loaded. Should be a good one

I think over the past 8 years that when MC has taken the field they have been the most talented team 1-30 in every game except 2 maybe 3. I am not convinced that MC has more talent than DF. I think its a toss.

I can think of maybe Butler 2012 as one team that had more talent or maybe a couple of the South Carolina teams that could’ve had more talent than Mallard Creek when they met on the field.

I can think of maybe Butler 2012 as one team that had more talent or maybe a couple of the South Carolina teams that could’ve had more talent than Mallard Creek when they met on the field.
Can't stand Knotts but hope he beats the crap out of Mallard Creek!

He's a good recruiter! Never could beat Richmond while at WC, so he moved on to Independence and began the biggest recruiting scandal in the history of nc high school sports. No where near being best ever coach in nc. Barnes much better.

He's a good recruiter! Never could beat Richmond while at WC, so he moved on to Independence and began the biggest recruiting scandal in the history of nc high school sports. No where near being best ever coach in nc. Barnes much better.
Complete homer! You sound like those DF guys mentioned earlier by diddydontplay.

So say the folks at South Brunswick. The staffs that DB had at Richmond were off the charts. Anyone who knows who did what on the staffs knows the deal.

Reactions: bigdadd11103

2000. Indy starts eight sophmores and three seniors at Richmond in the third round. One player on the varsity was not at Indy the previous season. 36-10.

Yes he did beat RC while he was at WC....I was there and stood on the 50 ydl with him after the game while he interviewed with WBTV

2000. Indy starts eight sophmores and three seniors at Richmond in the third round. One player on the varsity was not at Indy the previous season. 36-10.
Doesn't mean they were not recruits. Scandal began to unfold in about 2007 when Independence had to sit 4 or 5 illegal players in championship game against Bears which NB won. Richmond takes crown next year after beating Indy at Charlotte. Win at all cost Tommy loses to Butler in 2009 and leaves town for DF, where I'm sure he recruits. Not a coach out there that can make biscuits from dirt........just saying!!!!

So say the folks at South Brunswick. The staffs that DB had at Richmond were off the charts. Anyone who knows who did what on the staffs knows the deal.
Money enticed DB to go there, I believe in the 100 grand range. SB just didn't have the talent and he left after I think 2 years.

Money enticed DB to go there, I believe in the 100 grand range. SB just didn't have the talent and he left after I think 2 years.

I worked with Barnes' uncle during this time, and it sounded like the kids at S. Brunswick just didn't want to put in the work like the Richmond kids. Too many distractions and not enough 'want to'.

I worked with Barnes' uncle during this time, and it sounded like the kids at S. Brunswick just didn't want to put in the work like the Richmond kids. Too many distractions and not enough 'want to'.

Yup...coaching requires more than just one club in the bag sometimes.

Doesn't mean they were not recruits. Scandal began to unfold in about 2007 when Independence had to sit 4 or 5 illegal players in championship game against Bears which NB won. Richmond takes crown next year after beating Indy at Charlotte. Win at all cost Tommy loses to Butler in 2009 and leaves town for DF, where I'm sure he recruits. Not a coach out there that can make biscuits from dirt........just saying!!!!
Please answer this one question for me. If he isn’t and wasn’t a good coach then why would all those players that you say he recruited come play for him?

Living in Wilmington I heard many things but that is the story that seems to be the most accurate. I don’t think DB knew just how bad it was at SB when he took the job. Also, I know all schools deal with distractions but having the beach in your backyard is a whole different level. There has been a many great athletes in Wilmington to never step foot on a field or a court. Smell his feet and they will smell of coconut wax and his hair will be blonde or on its way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT