ADVERTISEMENT

CPC4LIFE

I honestly felt like West this year had the "players" and this year was a chance to do real damage!! Then this summer the KFC fiasco hurt the talent level of West. Now KFC needed an attitude adjustment and sometimes if you think a kid is going to be a cancer then you have to do some addition by subtraction. I personally think he could've been brought back into the fold but oh well. I also think the West offense plays things to close to the vest and they lack a good offensive scheme. Not many middle screens to Dukes (17) and not many two tight end packages using KJ(5) and number 1. With the emergence of Wilson and Jaquan they had the weapons. The question all year to me was at qb and I'm from the school of if you have two that means you don't have a qb!! I felt that (11) was a better passer and should've been the guy. Now please know that I'm not complaining cause they did go undefeated for maybe the first to win 20 years so they had a heckuva season!!! I just thought this was the year to get to the regional finals and get mauled by Mallard Creek.

Same story every year. They play average to good competition and win alot playing defense and running the ball. Now....you can win a title doing that. MC in 2013..Wake in 2016 but it better be elite on both sides.

Problem is how do you know if its elite if you dont play outside of that area?? The answer is you dont and when you find it out its to late. Gotta upgrade the non- Conf schedule.

Same story every year. They play average to good competition and win alot playing defense and running the ball. Now....you can win a title doing that. MC in 2013..Wake in 2016 but it better be elite on both sides.

Problem is how do you know if its elite if you dont play outside of that area?? The answer is you dont and when you find it out its to late. Gotta upgrade the non- Conf schedule.
dude i can't tell u how shocked i was watching that Glenn vs WF game...i was like this is the team that suppose 2 win State? Defense was good n had decent size but offense was shockingly bad. I knew Hough was going 2 win but not 2 that extent

KFC is the nickname for Marcus Caldwell. My bad and B&G you're absolutely right!!! They gotta get Page, Dudley, Tabor, and look to some Meck Co schools to play.

dude i can't tell u how shocked i was watching that Glenn vs WF game...i was like this is the team that suppose 2 win State? Defense was good n had decent size but offense was shockingly bad. I knew Hough was going 2 win but not 2 that extent

Same thing happened in 2013. Several fans on here including @CPC4LIFE yapping all year. Pretty solid defense with the Dalton kid who plays at UNC and a little undersized DE named Brinkley. Saw them play Tabor and North Davidson that year. Offense was all between the tackles and they never saw a QB all year.

Then Butler goes up there and they shut the middle school offense down and Ratliff Williams goes nuts and they just get killed. Like last Friday. Then their posters disappeared.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Their football program is what it is. A first maybe second and rarely a third round program. But when they face a legitimate contender, they get blown out. If they want to be a legitimate contender, changes need to be made. Whether they recognize they need changes or even want to, is another decision they need to make. I don't know coach Snow. But it could be he, the other coaches, the administration and boosters are happy with where the program is.

I think the West coaches, admins, and boosters are as close to as good as it gets, but the talent across the board isn't there. They have a couple of standout guys every year or whatever, but the teams aren't particularly oozing with the talent to get over the hump....

West Forsyth is looking to makes changes to their non conference schedule fir 2018.

Well, the issue with West, as well as any other school in the county is NO middle school football and TOO many high schools in the county for as small as the population is.... Yeah CPC bites off more than he can chew on here every year from what posters post, but the size advantage I've seen from Mecklenburg Co. schools to Forsyth Co. schools is not even close. East, West & Tabor do a heck of a job just to go a few rounds with the size disadvantage up front on both sides of the ball. Skill position wise, I think Forsyth county matches up well. Somebody is right though, West QB play was pedestrian and the X factor no one is mentioning that really hurt this team was the hire & loss of OC Kevin Wallace to Northwest Guilford not Caldwell. He definitely helped bring Glenn back to the forefront the last few years with his multiple looks & formations. Snow just is not a offensive guru but a nice guy as people have mentioned, but nice guys finish last. Hopefully they & Forsyth county figures it out soon.

Reactions: Veejay4
Well, the issue with West, as well as any other school in the county is NO middle school football and TOO many high schools in the county for as small as the population is.... Yeah CPC bites off more than he can chew on here every year from what posters post, but the size advantage I've seen from Mecklenburg Co. schools to Forsyth Co. schools is not even close. East, West & Tabor do a heck of a job just to go a few rounds with the size disadvantage up front on both sides of the ball. Skill position wise, I think Forsyth county matches up well. Somebody is right though, West QB play was pedestrian and the X factor no one is mentioning that really hurt this team was the hire & loss of OC Kevin Wallace to Northwest Guilford not Caldwell. He definitely helped bring Glenn back to the forefront the last few years with his multiple looks & formations. Snow just is not a offensive guru but a nice guy as people have mentioned, but nice guys finish last. Hopefully they & Forsyth county figures it out soon.
If we could ever get the issue between Pop Warner and middle school football ironed out we'd be on our way.

I also agree there are too many high schools in Forsyth Co. We have basketball, volleyball and track and field in middle school but somehow still no football. I keep hearing it's got a lot to do with the Pop Warner or whatever they call it now. I can't confirm that's the major issue but it continues to come up.

I hope the county can say no to whoever feels like they need a high school for whatever reason next time because it's really hamstrung Forsyth Co. I always thought we shouldn't be as close as we are to Meck or Guilford Co in number of high schools.

Reactions: seansports
I think the Forsyth County with no football has a lot more to do with $$$ than anything else in all honesty. They just added softball and baseball this year, so could football be next? Who knows but like I said...think it's a money thing.

I think the Forsyth County with no football has a lot more to do with $$$ than anything else in all honesty. They just added softball and baseball this year, so could football be next? Who knows but like I said...think it's a money thing.

Pop Warner is not on WSFCS radar. Money Is always the problem. I have been told the committee reviewing this got sticker shock with the estimates to start Football, plus field issues. A H.S. football field in large schools are used most every night now, so probably not a viable option.

Agree Forsyth County appears to have too many smaller schools but numbers do not seem to be the issue for West Forsyth. WF has 2.442 students per the ADM's released for football. That is in line with most CMS high schools.

Mallard Creek and Hough were below 2,400 until a few years ago and now both are right at 300 more than WF. Butler and Providence are both under 2,200. Butler has not been over 2,400 since 2008, Providence 2005.
North Meck 100 more than WF.
Vance, at 1930, is 500 less than WF.
Harding, West Meck, and Rocky River are both right at 1,750 exactly.
East Meck 2,146.
Indy is just over 2,500.
South Meck, Ardrey Kell, and Myers Park are over 3k.

When people used to ask why had CMS football had improved greatly, people in the area that worked with football all pointed to the improvement in the youth football programs. Mint Hill Steelers churned out super talent which mostly went to Butler and Indy. Their team's were an eventual high school all star team. Six players in the program at one time were eventually on NFL game day rosters. A lot more from that era played FBS and went to NFL camps including making practice squads.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
7 of Greensboros recreational centers have pop warner leagues and of course its nice to have solid middle school programs nearby as well.

i also noticed it costs upwards of $200-300 to play pop warner in W-S, in Greensboro its 50 bucks per kid.. could be problem for some lower income families in forsyth county.

When people used to ask why had CMS football had improved greatly, people in the area that worked with football all pointed to the improvement in the youth football programs. Mint Hill Steelers churned out super talent which mostly went to Butler and Indy. Their team's were an eventual high school all star team. Six players in the program at one time were eventually on NFL game day rosters. A lot more from that era played FBS and went to NFL camps including making practice squads.
You're still speaking more to the development of kids as well as the talent. I saw where someone mentioned facilities may not be available. Most of the middle schools in Forsyth Co. have football fields which are actually used for a lot of Pop Warner games.

We had a stretch where at least 3-4 kids played on college football teams at the FBS and FCS levels. Three went on to the next level and 2 of them have hung on thus far.

That situation is gonna be more the exception than the norm and most times it will come down to the ability to develop kids. Most of your success comes from development versus kids with just raw ability skating through programs.

You're still speaking more to the development of kids as well as the talent. I saw where someone mentioned facilities may not be available. Most of the middle schools in Forsyth Co. have football fields which are actually used for a lot of Pop Warner games.

We had a stretch where at least 3-4 kids played on college football teams at the FBS and FCS levels. Three went on to the next level and 2 of them have hung on thus far.

That situation is gonna be more the exception than the norm and most times it will come down to the ability to develop kids. Most of your success comes from development versus kids with just raw ability skating through programs.

There was a lot of talent but the kids were coached up from the time they entered the program often at the "sippie cup" age. The competitiveness among the players was brutal. They had an edge and the staff got their motor running. They also hustled up money so they did not pay or paid very little. All about giving kids opportunities and guidance.

I can't speak for other programs in Charlotte but programs like Catholic will never be down anytime you have the kids in the program learning the system from "sippie cup" all the way to high school.

What an advantage to have which offsets what seems to be a perceived lack of athletes although when they came to EF couple years ago they seemed more athletic than advertised but always fundamentally sound and never beat themselves.

We have to change how we do things in Forsyth Co. We should always have perennial contenders but we're shooting ourselves in the foot here. I too agree skills are a dime a dozen and mostly get beat in the trenches.

Reactions: seansports
Tip our hats to the Harding Rams. They were waiting on us indeed from last year. No answer tonight. Last stand for the CPC this year. We will be okay. Couple weeks off and on to winter workouts. Getting our butts handed to us should be plenty motivation for next season as well making sure we secure some sort of home field advantage to make sure we don't EVER had to travel anywhere like Harding. Concessions as well as the seating were terrible. I've seen pop warner facilities and concessions offer more than they did.

Won't even discuss the clock operator. Should always be someone that understands what's going on operating the equipment. That did not cost us the game nor did it seem to matter but at this round you expect first class everything from officiating on down.

Next couple years should be interesting for us. EAGLE PRIDE STILL!!

Tip our hats to the Harding Rams. They were waiting on us indeed from last year. No answer tonight. Last stand for the CPC this year. We will be okay. Couple weeks off and on to winter workouts. Getting our butts handed to us should be plenty motivation for next season as well making sure we secure some sort of home field advantage to make sure we don't EVER had to travel anywhere like Harding. Concessions as well as the seating were terrible. I've seen pop warner facilities and concessions offer more than they did.

Won't even discuss the clock operator. Should always be someone that understands what's going on operating the equipment. That did not cost us the game nor did it seem to matter but at this round you expect first class everything from officiating on down.

Crouch 331 yards on 21 carries....They will really need to be motivated since he has another year left. Yikes

Harding doesn’t have the amenities that most schools have and that is contributed to the culture prior to Greiner’s arrival. We work with what we have here. Keep it on the field. Clock operator gripe is legitimate. Harding’s side was unhappy with that as well.

Their football program is what it is. A first maybe second and rarely a third round program. But when they face a legitimate contender, they get blown out. If they want to be a legitimate contender, changes need to be made. Whether they recognize they need changes or even want to, is another decision they need to make. I don't know coach Snow. But it could be he, the other coaches, the administration and boosters are happy with where the program is.
The talent is @ EF and MT. WF does an outstanding job of what they have, but they do not have the game changers year in and year out that shows up at Mt and EF

Reactions: btango
The talent is @ EF and MT. WF does an outstanding job of what they have, but they do not have the game changers year in and year out that shows up at Mt and EF

When was the last time East Forsyth or Tabor had a Top 5 recruit in the Nation? How is a 5 Star DE not a game changer or am I missing something? How is the 3 Star DB/WR you have not a game changer? You make it sound like WF is Reagan from 15 years ago. West gets the most players every year. What did you guys dress this year 150 players? With open enrollment they recruit players from every school in Forsyth county they just get beat. This year they had 3 or more D1 players at the start of the year including KJ. Sorry but East and Tabor doesn't have that this year. You have the best facilities/weight rooms and most money of any booster clubs too. Sorry but you won't get anyone in the Triad feeling sorry for you at West Forsyth. If anything West Forsyth has a good HC in Snow but don't make is sound like you are just poor old West Forsyth trying to keep up with East and Tabor. BTW, didn't you guys beat EF and Tabor? East did smoke West the last 3 or 4 in a row but East was expected to be way down this year and you guys were expected to make a run at States.

Harding doesn’t have the amenities that most schools have and that is contributed to the culture prior to Greiner’s arrival. We work with what we have here. Keep it on the field. Clock operator gripe is legitimate. Harding’s side was unhappy with that as well.
Keep it on the field? I'll say what I meant again. It had nothing to do with the outcome but it doesnt take a lot to fix, refurbish bleachers that's safe and comfortable and offer concessions that YOU would at least feed your dog. Don't think I'm asking a lot for the food to be at least WARM having spent over 20 dollars. That has nothing to with culture my guy. We should want our schools to be represented in a good fashion off the field too. People expect just as much of an experience off the field particularly when traveling a couple hours. If that's culture and or expecting too much then customer service has gone to the gutter for real.

You claim it's part of a culture change then I hope that's part of it as well. Didn't say anything on here no other fan wouldn't expect. I'm sure it's not a reflection of the school but people do attach their experiences to a school. Carver gets it here all the time. Speaks do a bigger issue not for this site. We (EF) will be motivated off season I'm sure just like they were when we ousted them last year.

Last edited:

False. West has talent year in and year out, they are the biggest school in the county and also get players they have no business having with open enrollment. Ignorance...

False. West has talent year in and year out, they are the biggest school in the county and also get players they have no business having with open enrollment. Ignorance...

WhatcanIsay may be right or wrong but I doubt ignorance is the issue. He has more inside knowledge of Forsyth County football than just about anyone on this board.

Maybe. But when you have KJ Henry, Jalen Dalton, and quite a few other division one players over the last decade I don't think you get to complain about talent, especially relative to ef or mt

Maybe. But when you have KJ Henry, Jalen Dalton, and quite a few other division one players over the last decade I don't think you get to complain about talent, especially relative to ef or mt

I hate to put words in @whatcanIsay mouth but I think his point was this. They get numbers and have had a handful of great kids especially on the defensive side. However....you rarely see a Nique Martin, Divine Diablo, Christin Beal, Javon Leake type player.

Not sure why that is but I do know that having the one elite offensive kid can make everybody including coaches look alot better.

They certainly seem to have trouble finding a legit quarterback. Slade was a dynamic athlete and they always have good athletes at QB but not a true quarterback. Their offensive line is big and mean every year, and they always have good running backs and WRs. All they need is a true quarterback imo.

But against the Charlotte schools, their advantage in the trenches and with athletes is negated because the Charlotte schools have just as many or more than they do. They never see it in conference or non-conference so it shocks the crap out of them when they run into it in the playoffs.

whatcanIsay is not a West Forsyth person.
I think Blue&Gold explained what he was trying to get across.

I expect whatcanIsay is probably the most informed person posting on this board about Forsyth County.

They certainly seem to have trouble finding a legit quarterback. Slade was a dynamic athlete and they always have good athletes at QB but not a true quarterback. Their offensive line is big and mean every year, and they always have good running backs and WRs. All they need is a true quarterback imo.

But against the Charlotte schools, their advantage in the trenches and with athletes is negated because the Charlotte schools have just as many or more than they do. They never see it in conference or non-conference so it shocks the crap out of them when they run into it in the playoffs.

Every single year.

KFC (Marcus Caldwell) was the elite offensive player!!!! He's the game breaker that I knew they'd miss!! And he's a division one recruit too that they had for three years.

KFC (Marcus Caldwell) was the elite offensive player!!!! He's the game breaker that I knew they'd miss!! And he's a division one recruit too that they had for three years.

Saw Caldwell last year once. Nice back. Not really a touch the ball and everyone holds their breathe kinda kid. D1 recruit can mean alot of things. MC has a Marcus Caldwell type kid just about every year.

When I think about game changer I think about what Antony Ratliff Williams did to WF in 2013. Good WF defense just couldnt defend him.

Choice transfer has helped West Forsyth, East Forsyth Tabor and Reagan. Everyone knows that the talent in Forsyth county is in East Winston(Carver district ) and South Winston (Parkland District) and some in North Winston(North Forsyth) Many kids from those schools are playing or have played elsewhere. So choice transfer has created a have and have not set up plain and simple just look at schools like North Forsyth, Carver, Parkland where Parkland a few years ago went 0-22 , Carver had its worst year in decades and North Forsyth has posted back to back to back loosing seasons winning 8 games in 3 yearsAlso no middle school football simply kills Forsyth county and that is where I think the disparity lies between Forsth and the rest of NC. Many kids do not get quality coaching until the 9 th grade and the OL and DL have been behind because of weight restrictions of pop warner. I also agree that there are too many schools there should be nothing but 3A and 4A schools in Forsyth county. And lastly the county makes schools play other county schools weeks 2 and 3 . So you might have a West Forsyth play a Walkertown or a reagan play an Atkins. This does nothing to help either team or program it is just a way to help teams with gate revenue . Now until some of these things change I think that Forsyth county will continue to look up at Charlotte and Charlotte area teams and play catch up

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagles/Trojans13
Let's be honest here. Choice transfer or just transferring period, has helped and hindered a few Forsyth County teams through the years (Not just the ones mentioned above). I recall in the late 90's East entire backfield including the QB transferred to Carver and they win a 3-A state championship. In the past few years I've seen teams besides East, West, Tabor & Reagan get transfers as well. Case in point, Dean & Sharpe who were solid players at Parkland thru the years transferred from Carver. North loss key players to East this past year. Caldwell and I think WR & RB transferred from West this year. Even the wide-out Rorie at Glenn started at Glenn, went to Parkland then ended up back at Glenn this year(How does that happen) I also believe the massive Shrine bowl DT from Glenn transferred from East. The issue here is being able to move so freely from school to school doesn't build any type of consistency to build a winner. Again, not having middle school football and too many county school greatly decreases our chances in Forsyth County of winning states anytime soon. The powers that be in Central office have to figure this mess out or we'll be sounding like broken records on here around this time every year

Agreed on everything you have said but the county is not going to change policy so Forsyth County is just going to have to figure another way to have a team win it all But Sharpe and Caldwell lived in the Parkland District

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT