ADVERTISEMENT

CPC early thoughts

When Carver was a 3A powerhouse 20-25 years ago and East Forsyth was a doormat. Players from East Forsyth would transfer over to Carver. What difference a decade can make.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
When Carver was a 3A powerhouse 20-25 years ago and East Forsyth was a doormat. Players from East Forsyth would transfer over to Carver. What difference a decade can make.
U can thank Open Enrollment; school choice or whatever u wanna call it - Carver shouldn’t be 1A/2A in a dominated area of Mostly 4A programs with some 3A

Reagan is nice, I see them as the favorites in the CPC even though East Forsyth has landed a 4 Star QB from Walkertown that's 5 minutes down the road. I don't think that's enough for East (they lost a lot of great players).... I do believe Walkertown is their(East Forsyth's) farm team.

In Forsyth county Walkertown Carver Parkland North Forsyth WS Prep RJR are just farm teams for East Forsyth West Forsyth Reagan and Tabor. It is what it is
We've talked about this... Carver, Parkland, N Forsyth, RJR, WS Prep, Atkins, are all "magnet schools" now.. because open enrollment has killed their student body population numbers. For the most part those programs will never see success again in most sports, unless a great coach comes through and builds the program up to the point where kids want to go there.

Last edited:
Reagan is nice, I see them as the favorites in the CPC even though East Forsyth has landed a 4 Star QB from Walkertown that's 5 minutes down the road. I don't think that's enough for East (they lost a lot of great players).... I do believe Walkertown is their(East Forsyth's) farm team.
Parkland and Davie County is West Forsyth's farm team. Like Samek said every school benefits from open enrollment. Well, they were under Coach Snow. We'll have to wait and see if Wallace can win in the CPC. West Forsyth even got their new DC from East Forsyth. Coach Billingsley was Coach Beals DB coach in 2022 for the Eagles. I think he was at Northern Guilford & HP Central before that.

Why is nobody talking about Mt Tabor? They are loaded up and just got RJ Reynolds starting QB. Everyone wants to talk about East getting transfers but Tabor has gotten their fair share this offseason and summer

Is West Forsyth flying under the radar after two dismal years? Coach Snow did NOT leave the cupboard bare. This team has some talent on the Offense with a really good RB(Chaplin) who rushed for nearly 1700yds. They have a massive O-Line with a UNC Recruit 6' 5 300lbs OG Desmond Jackson along with UGA prospect Soph. 6' 5 305lb OT PJ Dean and uncommitted 6' 4 300lb Jr. Center Jalen Morris... so expect big things in the running game. QB play again this year will be critical and has hindered the Titans the past few years along with a subpar defense that must improve. They could land anywhere from 3rd to 6th in the CPC.
My CPC favorites:
1. Reagan
2. East Forsyth (lost a lot great players)
3. Mt. Tabor (great Linemen on both sides)
4. West Forsyth, Glenn, or Davie (one of these teams might surpass Tabor. Glenn has great Lineman and D-1 talent with commits)
7. RJR
8. Parkland

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT