ADVERTISEMENT

CPC early thoughts

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
Is East Forsyth still the team to beat?

Reagan should be loaded.

Glenn had a down year in 2022, but what will they have in 2023?

West Forsyth has been down the past 2 years.

Davie County what do they have for 2023?

MT Tabor do they have what its take to compete for a Conference Title?

Reynolds what do they have for 2023?

Parkland will they improve?

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I agree, Reagan is loaded...I'll take them 2nd behind East Forsyth to win the conference. East lost a lot of players but gained a lot of transfers.

Last edited:
Did they stop the construction on the new RJR stadium? I rode by the other day (it was getting dark, so hard to see), but it didn’t look like much progress has been made.

Did they stop the construction on the new RJR stadium? I rode by the other day (it was getting dark, so hard to see), but it didn’t look like much progress has been made.
I think they have. I am not sure if this had anything to do with it, but the parking lot between Wiley and the RJR gym has caved in. I know I spoke with AD during the Spencer and they were planning on playing there this fall.

I know it’s tough to coach at some of those nearby schools with EF taking all their players.
The kids see the QB's over there blowing up and want to go have there moment. The kid wants to better his future and he thinks East is the best opportunity for him. Good luck to Mr Baker

West has been doing it to Parkland for years and nobody bats an eye
OHHHHHHHHHH let me chime in on this one. Parkland still has enough talent in South Winston to be competitive and be a winning program. And with choice transfer allowed it is what it is. Has Parkland lost kids to other schools in the county ? For sure a big yes. Some of them were big time transfers. Will it continue? Probably. The new coach at Parkland was there and was a big reason for the most current rebuild so he knows what needs to be done. Will they be improved , I think so , how much is the question. But the West taking from Parkland thing is true. Now was it illegal what West did? I do not think so but if I were a kid and saw what West has and see what Parkland does not have I would choose West Forsyth too. And for the record North Davidson took a few Parkland kids as well. So did Glenn, Tabor, East, Ect ect. It is what it is. But my CPC finish is

East Forsyth
Reagan
Tabor
West Forsyth
Davie
Glenn
RJR/Parkland

Last edited:
OHHHHHHHHHH let me chime in on this one. Parkland still has enough talent in South Winston to be competitive and be a winning program. And with choice transfer allowed it is what it is. Has Parkland lost kids to other schools in the county ? For sure a big yes. Some of them were big time transfers. Will it continue? Probably. The new coach at Parkland was there and was a big reason for the most current rebuild so he knows what needs to be done. Will they be improved , I think so , how much is the question. But the West taking from Parkland thing is true. Now was it illegal what West did? I do not think so but if I were a kid and saw what West has and see what Parkland does not have I would choose West Forsyth too. And for the record North Davidson took a few Parkland kids as well. So did Glenn, Tabor, East, Ect ect. It is what it is. But my CPC finish is

East Forsyth
Reagan
Tabor
West Forsyth
Davie
Glenn
RJR/Parkland
You are correct sir

Been following this conference for almost 30 years and you can always expect the unexpected.

1. East Forsyth (solid all the way around)
2. Reagan (not far off from East)
3. Mt. Tabor
4. Davie
5/6. Glenn/West Forsyth
7. Reynolds
8. Parkland

Watch out for Mount Tabor next season. They are LOADED on defense. Excellent running back. And one of the top wide receivers in America. Plus an experienced championship head coach. Could be a big year for the Spartans
Been watching their top players since little league with the SF panthers. They will be a problem and they’re only rising juniors.

Did Mt Tabor get RJ Reynolds starting rising Jr QB L. Albright to transfer. If so that makes 2 yrs in a row RJR has lost their starting QB. Last yr their starter from 2021 went to Glenn.

1A. East Forsyth
1B. Tabor
1C. Reagan
4. Davie
5. West Forsyth
6. Glenn
7. RJR
8. Parkland

This conference is very unpredictable and rarely goes the way you may expect

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
1A. East Forsyth
1B. Tabor
1C. Reagan
4. Davie
5. West Forsyth
6. Glenn
7. RJR
8. Parkland

This conference is very unpredictable and rarely goes the way you may expect
One thing is for certain East Forsyth is the team to beat. Year in and year out Todd Willerts squad reloads. I think it has a lot to do with East Forsyth being able to keep their HC there for over 20 years.

Willert built that program from the ground up. They were a laughing stock that got destroyed by schools with 1000 less students when he got there. He took them to the precipice of beating Mallard Creek and followed that up with 4A State Titles and big time wins over established programs. The man can coach for sure.

After seeing East Forsyth QB Bryce Baker at the West Forsyth 7v7 this Eagle offense is going to be a problem again. I don't think it will be as explosive as last year with all the threats the Eagles had at WR but this young man will be a game changer. Big question mark is going to be the Defense. Can they shut teams down without Coach Beal leading the defense. If they can they will compete for a championship again

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Well we picked a great year to throw Reagan on the schedule lol should be a good time week 2

7 on 7 means zilch boys zilch. State championship trophies are handed out in December. Conference titles won in November. June is just window dressing
Facts! Scrimmage u can judge a little bit more but not as much - The game is win in trenches and that’s why u play the game

I remember West Iredell Def Mallard Creek in a 7 on 7 one year but We all know MC/WI are total different programs esp success wise

7 on 7 means zilch boys zilch. State championship trophies are handed out in December. Conference titles won in November. June is just window dressing
Right! But if you have a QB that can't complete a pass against no rush and 4 seconds to throw you're in big trouble. This kid can spin it and East returns almost their entire Oline. It does show East Forsyths QB is the real deal and he's only a Jr

Right! But if you have a QB that can't complete a pass against no rush and 4 seconds to throw you're in big trouble. This kid can spin it and East returns almost their entire Oline. It does show East Forsyths QB is the real deal and he's only a Jr
Wake Forest won 3 state titles running the Wing t. Tarboro runs a t formation. South point runs the triple as does New Bern. All are state champions. 7 on 7 are just that a football activity.

What’s the word on Davie this year? Trying to remember what they bring back from last year and drawing a blank.

I remember Permian winning the Texas 7 on 7 state title one year. Then they went 4-6 in real football. 7 on 7 is worthless except for pretty boys

A couple days late

East Forsyth QB Bryce Baker commits to UNC. East has had some great QBs the last 6 years. Ty Lyles won 2 championships went to Coastal and is now at Gardner-Webb. Jaylen Raynor got close put up some ridiculous numbers and is now at Arkansas State I think.

Now it's the Baker era. East Forsyth will be fun to watch on offense for another couple years

A couple days late

East Forsyth QB Bryce Baker commits to UNC. East has had some great QBs the last 6 years. Ty Lyles won 2 championships went to Coastal and is now at Gardner-Webb. Jaylen Raynor got close put up some ridiculous numbers and is now at Arkansas State I think.

Now it's the Baker era. East Forsyth will be fun to watch on offense for another couple years
Yeah it's amazing what they are doing over there. It's great when you can go out and "Get" your guy.....👀

Yeah it's amazing what they are doing over there. It's great when you can go out and "Get" your guy.....👀
Or maybe your guy comes to you. Lyles and Raynor were freshman at East and both went on to play big time ball. Maybe, could it be Baker wants to play better consistent competition on a weekly basis to better prepare himself for UNC?

Again, every team in the CPC get transfers. East Forsyth just never loses players to other schools. You can count on 1 hand how many EF kids have left in the last 10yrs. West gets kids, Reagan gets kids from other counties. Glenn gets kids from Guilford County and Tabor destroys teams like Parkland and RJR. Todd Willert has been at East for almost 25 years. He's won state Championships, hes not looking to move to a bigger program and has put hundreds of kids in college. There is a reason young men and parents go to East

Again, every team in the CPC get transfers. East Forsyth just never loses players to other schools. You can count on 1 hand how many EF kids have left in the last 10yrs. West gets kids, Reagan gets kids from other counties. Glenn gets kids from Guilford County and Tabor destroys teams like Parkland and RJR. Todd Willert has been at East for almost 25 years. He's won state Championships, hes not looking to move to a bigger program and has put hundreds of kids in college. There is a reason young men and parents go to East
You see where EF starting Safety transferred to Grimsley this offseason? I’m not bringing this up to prove a point, this post just reminded me.

You see where EF starting Safety transferred to Grimsley this offseason? I’m not bringing this up to prove a point, this post just reminded me.
Name 5 players to leave East Forsyth for other local schools in the last 10 years! Read the post doc. Btw, The kid was already at Grimsley for 2 years as a freshman and sophomore didn't play Varsity football from what I can see. Came to East played Defense for the best DC in the 336 in Coach Beal he makes a handful of plays and gets a couple small D1 offers then went back to Grimsley for his Sr year.

I remember Permian winning the Texas 7 on 7 state title one year. Then they went 4-6 in real football. 7 on 7 is worthless except for pretty boys
The same with OTAs in the NFL. You can't really be able to tell anything until training camp and preseason games are played.

Name 5 players to leave East Forsyth for other local schools in the last 10 years! Read the post doc. Btw, The kid was already at Grimsley for 2 years as a freshman and sophomore didn't play Varsity football from what I can see. Came to East played Defense for the best DC in the 336 in Coach Beal he makes a handful of plays and gets a couple small D1 offers then went back to Grimsley for his Sr year.

What? I don't think that was his intent. He just asked if you seen it

Reactions: New3ra
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT